mwauthy

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Namur Belgium and Quebec Canada
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-FT213710
mtDNA haplogroup
K2a6
I understand that DF29 accounts for 99% of all I1 and I think there is more Z58 than CTS6364 or Z63. My question is which subclades further down the phylogenetic tree account for the highest percentages of I1 tested thus far and which subclades are very rare? Has there been enough testing thus far to start assigning percentages to subclades the same way percentages have been assigned to countries?

mine is Iz63
Is this the most frequent out of I1 in the Balkans?

mine is Iz63
Is this the most frequent out of I1 in the Balkans?
I believe z63 is generally east Germanic. So it probably came to the Balkans with the Goths or Swedish vikings.

Geno 2.0 shows that my Iz63 is 1.1% of over 840k samples cant rember what the exact figure was....which seems pretty high thats nearly a million and surely must be people from all over the world.
For mtdna the h5c only 0.1%

I understand that DF29 accounts for 99% of all I1 and I think there is more Z58 than CTS6364 or Z63. My question is which subclades further down the phylogenetic tree account for the highest percentages of I1 tested thus far and which subclades are very rare? Has there been enough testing thus far to start assigning percentages to subclades the same way percentages have been assigned to countries?

I am in group I-DF29 but I am not in I-CTS6364 or I-Z58 or I-Z63. So I'm I1a* and not I1a1, I1a2 or I1a3. BritainsDNA informs me that this is "very rare". Does anyone know what this might be as a percentage figure?

I am in group I-DF29 but I am not in I-CTS6364 or I-Z58 or I-Z63. So I'm I1a* and not I1a1, I1a2 or I1a3. BritainsDNA informs me that this is "very rare". Does anyone know what this might be as a percentage figure?

Wow that's interesting! It either means that you and your paternal relatives are the last few left of an almost extinct line going back 5000 years, or if a few others test the same way it will be time to create an I1a4 branch.

Having just re-visited the ISOGG tree I, they seem to be investigating the possible additions of I1a4 to I1a10 inclusive. Hopefully, I will fall into one of these new groups. Unfortunately, my current genetic signature doesn't list any of the newly-found markers under test. Perhaps my Y-DNA needs re-evaluating.

Does anyone have a source for Z63 occurrence in Germany/Denmark and England? It would be great do go even farther down the tree with a percentage, such as the percent in England that are I1a3 (Z63) but NOT I1a3a.

My results from 23andme show I-M253, no subclade. Surname is Hleba (Khleba), originating from Il'nytsia, Zakarpattia Oblast, Ukraine. Does this mean my Y-DNA is from the original (unmutated branch), or does 23andme not test for patrilineal subclades?

Check the raw data file for missing values. Sometimes there's a blank or zero instead of the A,C,G,T. If those bad values are in one or two critical places of YDNA locations, it could spoil the results. You could try running the 23andMetoYSNPs.exe (google for source) to get a list of SNPs.

Ybrowser at ISOGG can look at specific locations for SNPs and you can compare against the raw data.

Of course, you wouldn't be the first person to have non-DF29 I1 or I1*.

Geno 2.0 shows that my Iz63 is 1.1% of over 840k samples cant rember what the exact figure was....which seems pretty high thats nearly a million and surely must be people from all over the world.
For mtdna the h5c only 0.1%
Hi do Geno 2 results available? I mean results for all the 840k participants.

Based on a 2013 graphic compiled by FTDNA data and posted on the Z63 Facebook Page, Germany had the following breakdown of I1:

Overall 13% (I think newer data has increased this to the 15-18% range)
I1a1 - Nordic branch including L22 - 4%
I1a2 - West Germanic Z58 - 6%
I1a3 - East Germanic Z63 - 3%

It is now clear that these groupings of North, West, and East are very loose and that all zones had these branches.

Anecdotally I do see a lot more Z58 and downstream posted around the internet.

I would love some UK data - do the companies such as 23andMe and LivingDNA not keep statistics on this?

This thread has been viewed 7273 times.

Back