PDA

View Full Version : Share your updated MyOrigins results

Regio X
05-04-17, 01:40
New version of myOrigins from today:
https://dna-explained.com/2017/04/04/family-tree-dna-myorigins-ethnicity-update-no-april-foolin/

selectivememri
05-04-17, 04:36
FT has added new regions to their origins reports and people have commented on having significant changes in their results. Anyone checked their report recently?

here are mine, previous results had me at about 40% southern and eastern euro each, and 20% asia minor

Middle Eastern 12%

Asia Minor

12%

East Middle East

0%

North Africa

0%

West Middle East

0%

European 71%

British Isles

0%

East Europe

47%

Finland

0%

Scandinavia

0%

Southeast Europe

24%

Iberia

0%

West and Central Europe

0%

Jewish Diaspora 17%

Ashkenazi

0%

Sephardic

17%

PaschalisB
05-04-17, 10:35
FTDNA have updated their "MyOrigins" results since early April and they now look different. What is your score? Where does each one of you come from?
Here are my results:

European 79%
Southeast Europe 57%
East Europe 17%
Iberian 7%
Middle Eastern 19%
Asia Minor 19%
Trace results
West and Central Europe <2%

I am Greek (50% from Thessaly and 50% from Thrace likely with some Bulgarian ancestry).

Hauteville
05-04-17, 11:46
75% European
71% Southeast Europe
2% East Europe
2% Finnish

20% Asia Minor

5% Ashkenazi

Valerius
05-04-17, 11:51
Really strange update. Before I had -- 33% East Euro; 33% South Euro; 17% Western and Central Euro; 12% Southwest Asia; 5% Anatolia

Now it's like -- 84% Southeast Euro; 9% East Euro; 7% Scandinavia and I even got another 2% of South America (so I'm 102%...) but the system says it's a noise, normally.

This southeast Euro cluster in the Balkans is said to represent cumulative effect from local Neolithic ancestry + Slavic migrants and yet there are other East Euro percentages for some reason. It seems that these exotic 17% Western Euro are now Scandinavia+East Euro and the rest fell into the Southeast cluster.

DuPidh
05-04-17, 15:29
What is east Europe & southeast europe

PaschalisB
05-04-17, 15:58
What is east Europe & southeast europe

According to FTDNA:

Southeast Euro = Italy, Greece and the western Balkan states from Bulgaria to Croatia.

East Europe = Latvia to Ukraine, Romania and the northern part of Bulgaria, west along the eastern edge of the Balkan states to Poland and the eastern half of Germany.

selectivememri
05-04-17, 16:02
Did you feel your earlier results were better representative? I'm curious about that with my own results, 17% is sizeable for Sepharic ancestry to just be noise, but as someone with no known Jewish ancestry it's likelier that it's the result of certain clusters regions being redrawn.

Auld Reekie
05-04-17, 17:35
Did you feel your earlier results were better representative? I'm curious about that with my own results, 17% is sizeable for Sepharic ancestry to just be noise, but as someone with no known Jewish ancestry it's likelier that it's the result of certain clusters regions being redrawn.
I myself have been assigned 17% Sephardic. My ancestry on my mother's side is predominantly from Southern Italy with no known Jewish ancestry. Before I had 27% Southern European and 14% Anatolia, now my Southeast European is 13% and Asia Minor is 0%. I think if I was truly Sephardic Jewish I would have some Iberia and North Africa which I have none and my West Middle East is <2%. The new Ancestry Genetic Communities is more accurate in my opinion, which has assigned me with Southern Italian and my mother Campania and Molise which is exactly where 75% of her family is from. I think FTDNA has some work to do with disentangling population clusters.

selectivememri
05-04-17, 17:45
hm, it almost looks like they took that sephardic percentage from your southern european result. i'm curious to know what they look for in order to distinguish between ashkenazi and sephardic ancestry, because same, i dont have any north african or iberian trace regions, however i do know that sephardic jews moved east to resettle after they were ousted from spain, so it's likelier southern europeans would have sephardic rather than ashkenazi ancestry. but still! food for thought i guess! I saw many albanians score 100% for south eastern european on myorigins 2.0, so i guess albanians and greeks tend to be the south euro benchmark for this revision, and any other results might be skewed as a result?

Auld Reekie
05-04-17, 18:14
Where my family is from is the mountains of Avellino and Campobasso. I'm not aware of any Jewish people living in those areas like they did in Calabria and Sicily, but I could be wrong about that and or my family history though 17% seems high with no known Jewish ancestry. A lot of Sephardics that ended up converting to Catholicism after the inquisition that weren't totally aware of their Jewish past had wondered about their family's odd traditions of not drinking milk with meat or other traditions that kept with Jewish Law until they did some digging and realized their family were once Sephardic Jews. I'm taking this 17% Sephardic with a grain of salt until they improve it and start testing more Italians from every region.

Maleth
05-04-17, 19:59
From the new My origins

Middle Eastern 20%

-------------

Asia Minor (Turkey) 12%
East Middle east 0%
North Africa 8%
West Middle east 0%

European 80%

-----------------

British Isles 10%
East Europe 0%
Finland 0%
Scandinavia 0%
South East Europe 55%
Iberia 9%
West and Central Europe 6%

Jewish diaspora

Ashkenazi 0%
Sephardic 0%

---------------

what a mix :rolleyes2::smile:

mwauthy
05-04-17, 21:05
This new update by ftdna is a huge improvement and makes them the most accurate in my opinion now. I'm 50% French Canadian, and 50% Wallonia Belgian. They now have me at 90% West/Central European and 10% South/Eastern European. Prior they had me at 40% British Aisles

Regio X
05-04-17, 21:10
Another point is that my Great grand father was English from Surrey (Rixon) and there is not even a hint of that.

British Isles 10%There he is now. :)

Maciamo
05-04-17, 21:11
It looks like the new MyOrigins is very different from the old one, but is in no way an improvement. Now people get relatively high percentages from regions where they shouldn't get anything but trace amounts. 2% Finnish in Sicily, 7% Iberian in Greece, 2% South America in Bulgaria... WTF? They might just as well get a programme to generate random numbers!

I don't know who is in charge of developing these admixtures at FTDNA, but they really aren't doing a good job.

Maciamo
05-04-17, 21:25
This new update by ftdna is a huge improvement and makes them the most accurate in my opinion now. I'm 50% French Canadian, and 50% Wallonia Belgian. They now have me at 90% West/Central European and 10% South/Eastern European. Prior they had me at 40% British Aisles

That's odd, I am also Belgian but get 12% of East European with the new version. 23andMe gives me 0% and indeed Belgians should have 0% since there is no R1a apart from a bit of Germanic L664. I had about 50% British before, and now its 24% but I have no British ancestor (possibly ever since migrations went from the continent to Britain, not the other way round, and I don't come from a coastal area where there could have been some migration at one point).

I rated FTDNA last for autosomal report usefulness and accuracy in my recent review of ancestral DNA tests (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/dna_project_faq.shtml#Company) and I maintain that ranking for the new MyOrigins. You'd think that the oldest and largest ancestry DNA test would get one of the best reports, but oddly the opposite is true. I think they aren't even trying as they think they dominate the market anyway.

Sile
05-04-17, 21:32
https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/ftdna/myorigins-population-clusters/

Is it still in Beta as stated at the top of link .......or ?

some have said in other forums, that this new origins is a mix of Nat-geno and myHertiage ( run by ftdna labs in Utah USA )

Valerius
05-04-17, 21:37
Yes, it seems they didn't managed to get their things right. Some guy Razib Khan should be responsible for all this. It's strange that these "Trace regions" are giving absurd noise results and they are added above the 100th percent, so one can be 102 or 105% something, lol... it's like they knew it's not right but added them anyway. Also I don't know how it's possible for me to have a Scandinavian cluster, I know the Goths lived here for a few centuries but still...

Regio X
05-04-17, 22:11
My new myOrigins:
(N. Italian ancestry)
- Southeast Europe: 44%;
- British Isles: 19%;
- Iberia: 18%;
- East Europe: 10%;
- Scandinavia: 6%.
Trace results:
- Ashkenazi: <2%.

Maleth
05-04-17, 22:40
There he is now. :)

Indeed :)....strange thing however that on dodecad12 I have 37 mentions to Ashkenazi Jews in the population mix, and none according to the new my origins :/

mwauthy
05-04-17, 23:02
That's odd, I am also Belgian but get 12% of East European with the new version. 23andMe gives me 0% and indeed Belgians should have 0% since there is no R1a apart from a bit of Germanic L664. I had about 50% British before, and now its 24% but I have no British ancestor (possibly ever since migrations went from the continent to Britain, not the other way round, and I don't come from a coastal area where there could have been some migration at one point).

I rated FTDNA last for autosomal report usefulness and accuracy in my recent review of ancestral DNA tests (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/dna_project_faq.shtml#Company) and I maintain that ranking for the new MyOrigins. You'd think that the oldest and largest ancestry DNA test would get one of the best reports, but oddly the opposite is true. I think they aren't even trying as they think they dominate the market anyway.
Sad to hear that other people's results still seem really off. I was hoping finally we could rely on some accuracy. Most companies except Ancestrydna have me at about 87% northwest European. Problem was is that I was getting anywhere from 25-40% british isles with no known ancestors on paper. Previously I was also getting Eastern European and Asia Minor. I attribute my current 10% southeast European to Roman influence.
Prior:
Western/Central European: 46%
British Aisles: 40%
Eastern Europe: 5%
Asia Minor: 4%
Southern European: 3%
Scandinavian:2%

New:
Western/Central European 90%
South/Eastern European 10%

Boreas
05-04-17, 23:17
Europe: 45%
East Europe: 28%
South East Europe: 17%

Middle Eastern: 35%
Anatolian 35%

Central/South Asian: 8%
Central Asian: 8%

East Asian: 7%
North East Asian: 4%
Siberian: 3%

Jewish Diaspora: 3%
Ashkenazi 3%

Trace:
North African & West MiddleEastern

I am wondering what is the new groups, like West Middle Eastern

Promenade
06-04-17, 01:42
Old results

Europe
Scandinavian: 38 percent
British Isles: 31 percent
West and Central Europe: 23 percent

Middle East
Asia Minor: 8 percent

New results

Europe
British Isles: 52 percent
West and Central Europe: 20 percent
Scandinavia:13 percent
South East Europe: 9 percent
East Europe: 2 percent

Middle eastern
Asia minor: 4 percent

Ermessenda
06-04-17, 20:08
Hi, I'm new posting here but I was really surprised with my new results and I came looking for help. I see I'm not the only one thinking that the old results were much more realistic.

With the old results I was 100% European: 82% Southern Europe and 18% Western and Central Europe. I thought that reflected pretty well my 100% Iberian ancestry (as far as I know).

Now I got: 74% Iberia, 13% Southern Europe, 11% Scandinavia (!!!) and >2% Western Middle East, although they warn me that this could be background noise. Also no trace of Western-Central Europe, when I had 18% with the old results.

Could someone help me understand if there is a reasonable explanation for my new results?

Thanks

Ermessenda
06-04-17, 20:13
I meant 13% Southeastern Europe

PaschalisB
06-04-17, 23:03
I am wondering what is the new groups, like West Middle Eastern

oursedur
07-04-17, 01:42
Hi all,
I can see dramatic changes with this new version as you can see:

Before : 100% european (65% western central europe, 35% southern europe)

Now : 97 % european (38% Iberia , 37% West and Central Europe, 16% British Isles, 6% Southeast Europe) South Central Asia < 2%, West Middle East< 2%.

Lost my 100% (not a problem as i feel citizen of the world)
But i'm still quite disappointed, especially with the apparition of the british cluster, and the increase of the southern europe.
I'm french (75% auvergne and 25% bourgogne) , with no "exotic" ancestor known in my family, even from the south of the country.
I know that France is very plurial in term of admixture. This may be more ancient (we have no informations before 1700's).

I have two questions and hope you will help me :)
a) Is the moorish influence is already included in the iberian cluster or if I had any, it would appear as "north africa" in the map ?
b) I always asked myself if i had any autosomal link to my "germanic" haplogroup (R1b-U106)....is the british isles component could explain that, or is it just because i share some DNA with the meds-brittanics (dark irishs etc...)

I apologize for my approximative english, and for any silly question.

Cheers :)

Boreas
07-04-17, 05:01

Thanks for that :grin:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please everybody share also comments about new results !!!

Do you think it is bull shit or more trustable?

Syky
07-04-17, 14:04
I am Czech from Northeastern Moravia:

European 98%
- East Europe 68%
- West and Central Europe 24%
- Scandinavia 6%
Trace results
- North and Central America <2%
- West Middle East <2%

Valerius
07-04-17, 14:25
Syky, can you provide if you know such information, about the results of other Czech people in myOrigins?

Sent from my LG-P710 using Eupedia Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=89698)

MaggieS56
08-04-17, 03:54
I think FTDNA was trying real hard to capture those small slivers in our DNA but ended up combining some of the larger pieces. My known German completely disappeared and they have me now as 93% European and it's all British Isles. I have 6 minor chunks of less than 2% in the following areas: N & C America, SE Asia, E European, Iberian, North Africa and W Middle East.

Glad someone mentioned that Ancestry changed too. I wouldn't have known otherwise. They are recently much closer to accurate with my known ancestors. But most of the minor dna assessments from the new "My Origins" line up with several of the Gedmatch calculators.

Syky
08-04-17, 09:06
Syky, can you provide if you know such information, about the results of other Czech people in myOrigins?

Sent from my LG-P710 using Eupedia Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=89698)

Unfortunately I don't know anyone from Czechia on FTDNA. But from my experience on 23andme, other Czechs should score similar to me.

Northener
08-04-17, 17:25
I guess this new version has some problems with recognizing the Germanic factor or so.....
I'am from (North) Dutch stock but 0% West and Central Europe! My results: British Isles 49%, Scandinavia 44%, East Europe 6%. I guess these 'modern stickers' are displaced here. British Isles is partly related to the Anglo-Saxon invasion which came manly from North-Dutch, NW Germany up to Jutland. Not the other way around. Scandinavia could also be SHG, Ertebølle people. The Ertebølle people where also present in the Netherlands. Otherwise I can't explain these figures:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2rxbtir.png

Anyone further suggestions? Low Countries (Benelux) or German results not recognized or....?

jgg
08-04-17, 17:36
I have mostly Spanish background with some distant Dutch/Scandinavian (gggrandfather) and in the new myorigin
update my British, Scadinavian and West Central European % has disappeared. I now have 13 % East European?. Something must definitely be wrong here.

selectivememri
08-04-17, 17:44
i think the consensus is the groupings seem pretty slapdash, and it seems to be throwing off the results. i didn't really read the brief, i suppose some of the surprises people have had in their 2.0 results could possibly be explained by it being deep ancestry, but it seems like they threw some arbitrary figures at everyone. in ancestry.com my west asian/ashkenazi totals no more than an approximate 6%, here the two figures (with sephardic instead of ashkenazi) makes up 29%? Oh well!

kingjohn
08-04-17, 18:13
dear selectivememri (http://www.eupedia.com/forum/members/52255-selectivememri)are you also south italian ?
because some italian score sefhardic cluster
i know a lebanese christian and a turkish alwaite who score 17% and 14% sefhardic
that high in such close groups must be shared east -med signitures
with kind regards
adam

selectivememri
08-04-17, 19:06
Hi King John, I'm macedonian, but I get a lot of East and West Med on my gedmatch results, so that could be it!

Boreas
08-04-17, 19:10
After comparing my result with my bro's, I can said that it is weird :grin:
South Indian - South American

and Where is Spanish people, why all are Sephardi?

selectivememri
08-04-17, 20:17
yeah boreas, you or your brother's totally absent west europe 20% seems a little off!

davef
08-04-17, 20:47
Crazy sephardic percentages are everywhere in this thread.

@Maciamo
2 percent South American for a Bulgarian? That's a bad sign.

Boreas
08-04-17, 21:20
yeah boreas, you or your brother's totally absent west europe 20% seems a little off!

His WestEuropean results 21% and Sephardic results 10% makes nearly 1 in 3, in all his genetic, which I don't have any.

Who the hell is he !!! :laughing:

Before he had 2-3%percent North African, but I don't. Now I am North African, he is not :confused2:

srdceleva
10-04-17, 20:48
European 100%

East Europe 52%
British Isles 34%
Southeast Europe 8%
Scandinavia 6%

brianco
14-04-17, 16:23
From what I have been reading on blogs, I will be ignoring this update. I say this because many people who have Scandinavian parents and grandparents have now got ZERO % Scandinavian and really exaggerated British Isles :(

selectivememri
14-04-17, 20:27
yeah, it also seems to be thrown by the fact that they still don't have a proper balkan category, which i think may explain some of the more ...?! admixtures

HGMIVL
18-04-17, 19:43
My previous FTDNA origins makeup was:

96% European
54% British Isles
23% Scandinavian
19% Western and Central Europe

2% East Central Africa
2% Eastern Middle East

My new results are:
97% European
55% British Isles
28% Western and Central Europe
8% East Europe
6% Scandinavia

<2% West Africa
<2% North and Central America
<2% South Central Asia

My European percentage (97%) is the same at FTDNA and Ancestry but the breakdowns are slightly different. 23andMe shows me at 98.3% European and 1.7% Sub-Saharan African (West African). FTDNA is the first of the Big Three to show me with any Native American DNA, although DNA.Land does, and at the same percentage. DNA.Land has me at 96% West Eurasian. As a Colonial Stock American, the percentages on any of the results seems reasonable, except for that South Central Asia part...unless that possibly indicates a Romani ancestor somewhere in Europe.

mwauthy
18-04-17, 21:29
From what I have been reading on blogs, I will be ignoring this update. I say this because many people who have Scandinavian parents and grandparents have now got ZERO % Scandinavian and really exaggerated British Isles :(
I think it varies per person because I have a friend with no known Scandinavian ancestors and his old results were 76% british isles, 0% Scandinavian and his new updated results are 51% British Isles and 25% Scandinavian.

Gaga
20-04-17, 12:43
You guys got to remember there's overlap between countries. The British Isles, Scandinavia, and Germany/Western Europe, for example, could easily share overlap due to history. Vikings to the UK, Brits [well Scots] were in the Scandinavian areas. Some areas of British Isles, for example, are going to appear different due to that.

Personally, I find it reasonable to my known ancestry [I happen to have (far) more Central and South Central Asia than a typical Brit would, as indicated in my response to LeBrok's HarappaWorld] but then again some of the FTDNA ideas are just a little odd to put it nicely.

castelleone
21-04-17, 13:42
Please everybody share also comments about new results !!!

Do you think it is bull shit or more trustable?

Dear Boreas,

MyOrigins is a big ball sheet.

Arbaso
22-04-17, 21:15
My results are very short: 100% Iberian.
I lost my previous 20% British Isles, to become fully Iberian.

srdceleva
22-04-17, 21:25
Have you taken any other DNA tests?

castelleone
22-04-17, 22:05

How can MyOrigins be even considered reliable?

Maciamo
23-04-17, 08:31
My previous FTDNA origins makeup was:

96% European
54% British Isles
23% Scandinavian
19% Western and Central Europe

2% East Central Africa
2% Eastern Middle East

My new results are:
97% European
55% British Isles
28% Western and Central Europe
8% East Europe
6% Scandinavia

<2% West Africa
<2% North and Central America
<2% South Central Asia

My European percentage (97%) is the same at FTDNA and Ancestry but the breakdowns are slightly different. 23andMe shows me at 98.3% European and 1.7% Sub-Saharan African (West African). FTDNA is the first of the Big Three to show me with any Native American DNA, although DNA.Land does, and at the same percentage. DNA.Land has me at 96% West Eurasian. As a Colonial Stock American, the percentages on any of the results seems reasonable, except for that South Central Asia part...unless that possibly indicates a Romani ancestor somewhere in Europe.

That's another interesting case. This shows how randomly the admixture are assigned in MyOrigins. If it had the slighest reliability, how could the old version not spot 2% Native American ancestry reported in the new version? Fine-scale ancestry between close European populations isn't always easy, but Native American admixture is so distinct from European one that it should stick out like a sore thumb.

Another sign of unreliability is that your 2% East Central African became 2% of West African. That may not seem like a big deal for Westerners, but it is in terms of genetic accuracy, considering that there is more genetic diversity in Africa than in the rest of the world, and East Central African are as remote to West Africans as an Irishman would be to a Chinese.

Your 2% of South Central Asia probably correspond to the 2% of East Middle Eastern and would presumably correspond to ancestry around modern Iran. Unless you have Balkanic or Italian ancestry, it's probably not representative of any actual ancestry in the last 2000 years.

mlukas
04-05-17, 15:47
My previous results 100% East-Euro.

My updated results 97% East-Euro, 3% SE-Euro.

castelleone
04-05-17, 18:54
That's another interesting case. This shows how randomly the admixture are assigned in MyOrigins. If it had the slighest reliability, how could the old version not spot 2% Native American ancestry reported in the new version? Fine-scale ancestry between close European populations isn't always easy, but Native American admixture is so distinct from European one that it should stick out like a sore thumb. ...

Interesting point.
I had once 18% Asia Minor, now guess what I have ... zero! I find it most amusing to read in the FTDNA forum how many people, despite the heavy and justified criticism, still find their results useful or reliable.

NChSh
03-08-17, 18:54
European99%
East Europe78% Southeast Europe11% British Isles10%

Trace Results
Oceania< 1%

NChSh
03-08-17, 18:57
European99.6%

Eastern European68.6%

Southern European18.6%

Balkan15.2%

Broadly Southern European3.4%

Northwestern European5.1%

French & German0.9%

British & Irish0.5%

Finnish0.1%

Broadly Northwestern European3.5%

Broadly European7.3%

Middle Eastern & North African0.3%

North African0.3%

East Asian & Native American< 0.1%

East Asian< 0.1%

Broadly East Asian< 0.1%

Broadly East Asian & Native American< 0.1%

Sub-Saharan African< 0.1%

Central & South African< 0.1%

Unassigned< 0.1%

IronSide
29-09-17, 08:29
It gave me 12% Sephardic but I don't have any Jewish ancestry as far as I know.

53% East Middle East
31% West Middle East
12% Sephardic
other trace stuff

My maternal haplogroup has many Sephardic matches, maybe that's why.

davef
29-09-17, 16:57
It gave me 12% Sephardic but I don't have any Jewish ancestry as far as I know.
This is why I'm not wasting money on these tests. Accuracy is out the window.

Wheal
29-09-17, 17:12
Middle Eastern 0%
Asia Minor < 2%
East Middle East 0%
North Africa 0%
West Middle East < 2%

European 96%
British Isles 27%
East Europe 0%
Finland 0%
Scandinavia 0%

Southeast Europe < 2%
Iberia 0%
West and Central Europe 69%
Jewish Diaspora 0%
Ashkenazi 0%
Sephardic 0%

The interesting thing, my paper trail and matches all go back to Finland and Scandinavia

Yaan
01-10-17, 09:41
Since the Update both me and my GrandPa are 100% Balkan( South Eastern Europe), I guess we were among the one's taken as a reference population :)

AdeoF
01-10-17, 14:27
Here is mine

European 95%

Iberia 54%
Southeast Europe 25%
British Isles 16%

Middle Eastern 4%
North Africa 4%

Trace Results
Oceania < 1%

I think for mine the north african is a bit high from the other tests but this kind of look accurate for me

I1a3_Young
02-10-17, 22:35
See attached pic. Scandinavian is too high but this is the second service to report it that high. MyHeritage first reported it 32% then 36% while showing the rest of my parents and family as 0%.

Ancestry and LivingDNA agree with FTDNA that I have zero "West Euro" French/Germanic component. This is very odd as I should get about 10% based on my parents and average British results.9373

This is from the autosomal transfer from Ancestry.com and after I filled in some of the positions with data from my LivingDNA file that the Ancestry file was missing.

Statistical noise from the Middle east is called Jewish, Middle East, Kurdish, etc by the companies so there is something there but they disagree on what it is.

Ancestry.com and MyHeritage report 100% european, LivingDNA shows 97% European and 3% World Unassigned (assigned to Kurdish in complete mode).

I should get around 10% Scandinavian by my estimate.

davef
03-10-17, 05:46
See attached pic. Scandinavian is too high but this is the second service to report it that high. MyHeritage first reported it 32% then 36% while showing the rest of my parents and family as 0%.

Ancestry and LivingDNA agree with FTDNA that I have zero "West Euro" French/Germanic component. This is very odd as I should get about 10% based on my parents and average British results.9373

This is from the autosomal transfer from Ancestry.com and after I filled in some of the positions with data from my LivingDNA file that the Ancestry file was missing.

Statistical noise from the Middle east is called Jewish, Middle East, Kurdish, etc by the companies so there is something there but they disagree on what it is.

Ancestry.com and MyHeritage report 100% european, LivingDNA shows 97% European and 3% World Unassigned (assigned to Kurdish in complete mode).

I should get around 10% Scandinavian by my estimate.
Quoting Brianco (this is from his post in this thread):

"From what I have been reading on blogs, I will be ignoring this update. I say this because many people who have Scandinavian parents and grandparents have now got ZERO % Scandinavian and really exaggerated British Isles"

I think maybe the test is having trouble telling Scandinavians apart from the British? So I think once this little kink is fixed, your British should go up.

Arbaso
19-10-17, 19:55
MyOrigins in FTDNA: 100% Iberian.

As boring as that.

AdeoF
19-10-17, 20:48

As boring as that.

Yep, but that's what makes the Basques very interesting comparing to someone like me :D

Boreas
20-10-17, 11:30

As boring as that.

What about in other searchs?

Arbaso
23-10-17, 19:43
In other companies the results are similar:

DNAland: 100% Iberian

GenePlaza: 99.6% Southwestern European
0.4% Ambiguous

23andMe: 97.7% Iberian
1.3% Northwestern European
0.6% Southern European
0.1% Southeast Asian

MyHeritage 97.2% Iberian
1.9% Baltic
0.9% Finnish

By the way, I tested with 23andMe and it's my favourite result; at least it gives me a pinch of salt!

Angela
23-10-17, 21:25
In other companies the results are similar:

DNAland: 100% Iberian

GenePlaza: 99.6% Southwestern European
0.4% Ambiguous

23andMe: 97.7% Iberian
1.3% Northwestern European
0.6% Southern European
0.1% Southeast Asian

MyHeritage 97.2% Iberian
1.9% Baltic
0.9% Finnish

By the way, I tested with 23andMe and it's my favourite result; at least it gives me a pinch of salt!

That's very interesting. They are probably all using Pais Vasco as the reference for "Iberian".

Wheal
23-10-17, 23:48
I have to laugh, I have more Middle East than my parents combined
and my parents

IronSide
24-10-17, 04:00
I have to laugh, I have more Middle East than my parents combined
and my parents
I guess you could be modeled as having 7% Asia Minor but that doesn't mean that you have more ancestors from there than both of your parents combined.

I have 12% Sephardic but none of my ancestors were Jewish, because that's how the tool models you. My 12% Sephardic reminded me of another calculator on gedmatch (puntDNAL K13) that gave me this:

1 71.9% Saudi + 28.1% Jordanian @ 3.03
2 82.8% Saudi + 17.2% Sephardic_Jew @ 3.04
3 84.6% Saudi + 15.4% Italian_Sicilian @ 3.07
4 84.7% Saudi + 15.3% Ashkenazy_Jew @ 3.13
5 82.8% Saudi + 17.2% Turkish @ 3.14
6 76.9% Saudi + 23.1% Syrian @ 3.15
7 68.4% Saudi + 31.6% Palestinian @ 3.16
8 81.6% Saudi + 18.4% Cypriot @ 3.21
9 82.5% Saudi + 17.5% Turkish_Kayseri @ 3.21
10 87% Saudi + 13% Romani @ 3.28
11 86.4% Saudi + 13.6% Italian_Abruzzo @ 3.31
12 77.5% Saudi + 22.5% Lebanese_Christian @ 3.33
13 78% Saudi + 22% Lebanese_Druze @ 3.34
14 86.3% Saudi + 13.7% Greek_Central @ 3.42
15 84% Saudi + 16% Turkish_Aydin @ 3.45
16 77.6% Saudi + 22.4% Lebanese_Muslim @ 3.48
17 87.8% Saudi + 12.2% Greek_Thessaly @ 3.57
18 87.9% Saudi + 12.1% Albanian @ 3.6
19 88.4% Saudi + 11.6% Italian_Tuscan @ 3.61
20 55.2% Bedouin + 44.8% Jordanian @ 3.63

matadworf
26-11-17, 18:17
Mine seems pretty accurate but also pretty blase with no specificity.

European100%
British Isles
0%
East Europe
0%
Finland
0%
Scandinavia
0%
Southeast Europe
100%

castelleone
28-11-17, 22:06

As boring as that.

I guess the algorithm was a bit lazy there... or not accurate at all. Well, that is FTDNA...

alexfritz
14-12-17, 14:54
FTDNA myOrigins

West and Central Europe 52%
Southeast Europe 40%
British Isles 5%
West Midle East 3%

Oleg
18-12-17, 02:17
My results: 77% East Europe, 14% Finland, 2% Northeast Asia, 2% Siberia, 2% Central Asia, <2% North and Central America.

galon07
16-08-18, 20:43
My results:

29% West and Central Europe
19% Southeast Europe
14% Iberia
11% North Africa
9% North and Central America
9% West Africa
3% South America
<2% Finland
<2% Siberia
<2% West Middle East
<2% Oceania

italouruguayan
21-08-18, 20:06
My results

Europe 73%: South East Europe 32%
British Isles 19%
Iberia 13%

New World 19% North and Central America 14%
South America 5%

Middle East 3% Eastern Middle East 3%

Traces
Ashkenazi Jew <2%
North Africa <2%
West Africa <2%
South Central Africa <1%

Duarte
12-03-19, 16:04
Family Tree DNA Results:

EUROPEAN
87%

*Iberia
67%

*West and Central Europe
20%

MIDDLE EASTERN
5%

*North Africa
5%

AFRICAN
3%

*West Africa
3%

TOTAL
95%

TRACE RESULTS

Southeast Europe
< 2%

Sephardic
< 2%

South Central Africa
< 2%

MyHeritage DNA results:

EUROPE
90.7%

South Europe
73.9%

*Iberian
64.3%

*Italian
9.6%

North and West Europe
16.8%

*North and West European
16.8%

AFRICA
9.3%

North Africa
5%

*North African
5%

West Africa
4.3%

*Nigeria
4.3%

TOTAL
100%

Regio X
10-09-19, 13:49
My new myOrigins:
(N. Italian ancestry)
Trace results:
- Ashkenazi: <2%.Maternal uncle's myOrigins is ready:

(NE Italian ancestry)

- West and Central Europe: 58%;
- Southeast Europe: 42%.

Regio X
10-09-19, 21:01
My new myOrigins:
(N. Italian ancestry)
Trace results:
- Ashkenazi: <2%.

Maternal uncle's myOrigins is ready:

(NE Italian ancestry)

- West and Central Europe: 58%;
- Southeast Europe: 42%.My son's.

(75% N. Italian - mostly NE Italian - and 25% Brazilian - mostly Portuguese)

- West and Central Europe: 31%;
- Southeast Europe: 26%;
- Iberia: 26%;
- Scandinavia: 5%;
- East Europe: 4%;
- Asia Minor: 6%.
Trace results:
- North Africa: <2%;
- North and Central America: <1%.

Duarte
10-09-19, 22:01
Family Tree DNA Results: