PDA

View Full Version : Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela

trdbr1234
05-04-17, 23:42
I would like to request Angela be removed from her administration duties at Eupedia.

-She has shown that she has a intolerable phobia of Albanians.
-She takes part and tolerates racism of other members towards Albanians.
-She has offended Albanians as a group on numerous occasions.
-She denies the ethnic cleansing and forced assimilation of Albanians in Greece.
-She denies the existence of Albanian communities in Greece.
-She refuses to acknowledge any academic reference of Albanian in Greece.
-She bans any member that raises these issues on relevant threads.

I believe Angela to be a false flag bearer and part of the Greek propaganda machine. I kindly request the administration of this website to review her behavior and take appropriate measures.

Angela
06-04-17, 01:08
You know, I needed a laugh today, and this ridiculous post did it.

None of you Albanians complained when I tried to stop the Serbs and other Balkanites from ******** you and insulting you.

When I won't let you ***** Greeks with those ridiculous, outdated fantasies from the 19th century which also have nothing to do with genetics you yowl like scalded cats and post nonsense like this.

The injustices perpetrated by Balkanites on other Balkanites, including Greeks, were not the subject of the paper posted here. The topic was the genetics of the Peloponnesus. If you people want to discuss those other things there are appropriate threads here. Use them. Of course, the same rules against name calling, insults, etc. still apply, so doubtless it wouldn't go well, but that's another story.

Join the 21st century, and while you're at it grow up and learn how to conduct yourselves in civilized surroundings, and that goes for the Greeks who were disciplined as well.

False Flag? The only way I could make it clearer that I'm Italian is if I went around wearing this every day:
http://www.firenzegifts.com/i/Apparal/Italia.jpg

Or maybe I should get a tattoo of "Italia" or of the Italian flag somewhere?

Sorry, I'm not posting my birth certificate.

LeBrok
06-04-17, 03:44
We will never let Angela go! She is awesome, she is the best, she is the smartest, she is the most honest, she is the well of knowledge, she is our hero! We love Angela!

Fire Haired14
06-04-17, 04:23
@trdb41234,

Here's a polite version of what Angela posted....Don't allow her insults to remove your ability to understand basic policies at Eupedia.

Don't discuss off topic issues on threads. Only discuss the topic of the thread.
Don't insult or fight other posters.
I(Angela) am not apart of a Greek propaganda machine.

LABERIA
06-04-17, 05:08
We will never let Angela go! She is awesome, she is the best, she is the smartest, she is the most honest, she is the well of knowledge, she is our hero! We love Angela!

I agree with you LeBrok. But exactly for this reasons mentioned by you, we have to tell to Angela that she is wrong. Just read her last post. I think she has lost the control.

Maleth
06-04-17, 10:15
This is heavy! I don't read all posts but from my experience I consider Angela to be impartial, presented arguments with facts and strict with posters who try to flood the forums with extreme agendas on many fronts. I guess its not easy to be a moderator. If there are no moderators to keep arguments civil and factual then it would be unbearable to participate.

DuPidh
06-04-17, 11:38

Angela is the engine of this forum. Had it not been for her, large parts of this forum would have been dead. So, yes, Angela would never be allowed to leave. She has an amazing amount of knowledge about genetics, history and cultures. She is the person United Nations need as a Secretary. Angela is not anti Albanian as the initiator of this thread claims. If she is a little pro Greek is justified since she said her husband is Griko.

bicicleur
06-04-17, 14:13
Angela is the engine of this forum. Had it not been for her, large parts of this forum would have been dead. So, yes, Angela would never be allowed to leave. She has an amazing amount of knowledge about genetics, history and cultures. She is the person United Nations need as a Secretary. Angela is not anti Albanian as the initiator of this thread claims. If she is a little pro Greek is justified since she said her husband is Griko.

that's right, we all have our preferences and nobody is 100 % impartial, and I haven't read the thread either, but if you can't get along with Angela, I think your communication is not good

Angela
06-04-17, 16:19
LeBroc, Bicicleur, Maleth, DuPidh, thank-you for your support.

Believe me, I have at times wished I never posted that paper on the genetics of the Peloponnesus, but having done so, I had to monitor it.

I tried, as I always try, to analyze it logically, which included seeing its omissions, and tried, again, as I always do, to stop people from turning the thread into a free for all where old ethnic hatreds, propaganda, and an endless recitation of past injustices totally derailed what should have been a discussion of genetic data.

Some of our Albanian members obviously aren't happy about that. That's fine, but to turn that into accusations of racism, and to accuse me of opinions I've never expressed is way over the line. A few of our Greek members over-stepped the bounds too, and I presume they also aren't happy about it, although they've been civil.

Anyway, thank you again gentleman for your support and excessive praise in some cases.

@DuPidh,
For the record, my husband doesn't even speak a word of Italian, much less Griko. He does indeed, however, have some Griko speaking ancestors on two lines, but that's back about 150 years and is a fact of which he was unaware until I dug it out.

Bergin
06-04-17, 21:58
I do like Angela's posts, and her quite hard job to calm people down.
Honestly, from the posts I have read I don't think she has taken any part.

Yetos
06-04-17, 23:42
I would like to request Angela be removed from her administration duties at Eupedia.

-She denies the ethnic cleansing and forced assimilation of Albanians in Greece.

I believe Angela to be a false flag bearer and part of the Greek propaganda machine. I kindly request the administration of this website to review her behavior and take appropriate measures.

Oh
Oh boy I wonder what happens if Greeks respond and start speaking as trdbr1234 ?
about what Albanians did to Greeks, to Aromani to Slavs etc etc,

what will he find to accuse again? that this forum lies?
or again the same?

I wonder although who Greeks?

Most Albanians here claim Fallmayerer theory,
and for them Greeks do not exist,
Greeks are just Slavs and Albanians
or it is not?

Funny isn't?
on one hand to support Falmeyerer, on the other hand to deny him
everytime as suits you,

Angela
07-04-17, 00:54
See what I mean? They just can't stop.

LeBrok
07-04-17, 04:29
See what I mean? They just can't stop.LOL, even a thread about moderators can be derailed into Balkan war.

Yetos, have some respect man!

Yetos
07-04-17, 19:20
LOL, even a thread about moderators can be derailed into Balkan war.

Yetos, have some respect man!

ok lets make a peace treaty,

LeBrok
08-04-17, 01:47
ok lets make a peace treaty,Peace treaty should be in humans heart.

Yetos
08-04-17, 05:52
Peace treaty should be in humans heart.

it needs 3 generations to pass of silence, cooperation, healthy trade, and allied work to achieve that.

LeBrok
08-04-17, 07:32
it needs 3 generations to pass of silence, cooperation, healthy trade, and allied work to achieve that.
Maybe, but be the first one to start the process.

LATGAL
09-04-17, 02:21
It's good that she moderates with what some perceive as a heavy hand sometimes since otherwise you end up with a lot of unconstructive nonsense amid serious points, at least when it comes to the Online Balkan Wars. You're free to use one of the countless forums on the internet where nationalist wars are encouraged, imo.

srdceleva
13-04-17, 10:09
I like Angela. She is married but I hope to meet a girl who's also interested in anthropology and genetics like she is [emoji41]

Arcadia
28-04-17, 21:07
Peace treaty should be in humans heart.You're one to talk LeBrok. You are known by many for stirring up lots of crap as a Moderator and getting away with it.

Maciamo
29-04-17, 10:44
Sorry for replying so late to this thread. I have been very busy lately.

Angela has my full support and trust.

This forum is a place principally aimed at academic discussion, be it about genetics, archaeology, anthropology, economics or the like. It's not a platform to bicker with one's neighbours and insult others though. There are plenty of forums and discussion groups on the Internet. Any quarrel there may be between Albanians and Greeks are better discussed somewhere else.

LABERIA
11-06-17, 19:34
Sorry for replying so late to this thread. I have been very busy lately.

Angela has my full support and trust.

This forum is a place principally aimed at academic discussion, be it about genetics, archaeology, anthropology, economics or the like. It's not a platform to bicker with one's neighbours and insult others though. There are plenty of forums and discussion groups on the Internet. Any quarrel there may be between Albanians and Greeks are better discussed somewhere else.

I had today from Angela two infraction, 6 points for this two posts:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511065#post511065
Reason: Insulted or provoked a Team Member
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511042#post511042
Reason: Disruptive/provocative behaviour
I invite you to read this posts and you can see who is provocative.
Dear sir, you have an moderator, in my humble opinion, out of control. Offending people, using censorship, etc, again in my humble opinion, it's not the best way for a mod to perform her duty. Honestly, i hope she don't delete this post and don't give to me another infraction because i expressed publicly my opinion.

Angela
11-06-17, 19:40
If anyone can be completely non-racist, it's me. What I do object to is ultra-nationalistic, a-scientific ****** lacking in logic who think that the rules apply to everyone but them. You destroy virtually every thread in which you participate by posting off topic and provocative, disruptive posts.

You have no one to blame but yourself for the consequences.

Milan.M
11-06-17, 19:51
Angela was the first to notice some of the "trouble maker's" who were hiding themselves,while all others were watching same members ruining every topic whenever appeared in discussion,she issued an infraction and suddenly you all started crying.I do not know Angela neither I see she is liking me either but in my opinion she is most objective moderator and perhaps most learned.

LeBrok
11-06-17, 20:18
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511065#post511065
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34165-J2b2-L283-(proto-illyrian)/page2?p=511042#post511042
Dear sir, you have an moderator, in my humble opinion, out of control. Offending people, using censorship, etc, again in my humble opinion, it's not the best way for a mod to perform her duty. Honestly, i hope she don't delete this post and don't give to me another infraction because i expressed publicly my opinion.
Laberia, live and let live. Don't be so hateful.

Angela
11-06-17, 20:52
I was and am a great admirer of Maciamo and his site. I want to protect its reputation as a serious place for academic and scientific based analysis. I don't want threads cluttered with nationalistic, off-topic, and provocative comments designed to start flame wars. That's not how you attract quality posters. If that's a crime, then I'm guilty.

No one is perfect, but I believe I have always treated courtesy with courtesy. It's true that on a few occasions I have let my temper get the best of me. It's difficult to be constantly confronted with stupidity married to arrogance and discourtesy, and insults on top of it.

How many times are people supposed to be allowed to flout the rules here? There is no special dispensation for Albanians, even though, to make a mockery of the title of this thread, I happen to come out pretty darn close to Albanians autosomally, they and Romanians and Iberians. Italians get no special dispensation from me either, as many of them can attest. I believe in blind justice. In fact, my entire professional life has been based on it. I apply the same standards here.

Bergin
11-06-17, 21:39

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33837-Are-albanians-of-northern-african-descent

So be sure that she will also be on 'your' side when needed.

Laberia you have the right to be and think as you prefer, but when you express it out you are bound by the rules of the forum enforced by a moderator. So take the infractions with philosophy.

The same rules protect you from being called 'childish' or 'pathetic' and from being ridiculed or 're-educated'.
Angela might have crossed a line there, but it doesn't look like you are having any psychological trauma (more of an accute Illyrian syndrome, lol)

I would recommend you some 'bonsense' and apologize first.

Bergin
11-06-17, 21:55
I was and am a great admirer of Maciamo and his site. I want to protect its reputation as a serious place for academic and scientific based analysis. I don't want threads cluttered with nationalistic, off-topic, and provocative comments designed to start flame wars. That's not how you attract quality posters. If that's a crime, then I'm guilty.

No one is perfect, but I believe I have always treated courtesy with courtesy. It's true that on a few occasions I have let my temper get the best of me. It's difficult to be constantly confronted with stupidity married to arrogance and discourtesy, and insults on top of it.

How many times are people supposed to be allowed to flout the rules here? There is no special dispensation for Albanians, even though, to make a mockery of the title of this thread, I happen to come out pretty darn close to Albanians autosomally, they and Romanians and Iberians. Italians get no special dispensation from me either, as many of them can attest. I believe in blind justice. In fact, my entire professional life has been based on it. I apply the same standards here.

Angela, I do appreciate your efforts and fairness a lot. Thank you.
I don't remember, did Minerva also have a spear like Athina? (lol)

Diomedes
11-06-17, 22:34
Although not relevant to Angela per se, who I must admit does a very good job in this forum, I would like to know the opinion Italians have (on average) about Albanians. I have talked to some Italians and they seem to have some kind of negative opinion. Is this due to the migration that happened after the '90s? Many Greeks tend to have similar opinions as well. What is common for both countries, Greece and Italy, is that many Albanians came as economic migrants after the fall of communism.

Now, Balkan people have strife between them. This is due to historical reasons and almost impossible to break, at least for this generation. I hope the future will be brighter.

Diomedes
11-06-17, 22:37
For a moment I was thinking to go full berserk myself. But then again, I am older now and I must behave.

See what I mean? They just can't stop.

Bergin
11-06-17, 22:49
For a moment I was thinking to go full berserk myself. But then again, I am older now and I must behave.

Not very appreciated.

- What is your agenda?
- Why are you pursuing it in this thread?
- What is your story?

- What kind of reaction do you expect / stimulate?

Balkanite
11-06-17, 22:56
That a good boy. Self control is important : - )

Diomedes
11-06-17, 23:02
I've decided there is no reason for cyber fighting within this forum. It does more harm than good. I have no agenda or something similar. Just stating my opinion given what I've read. What I constantly see here is Greeks, Serbs, and Albanians fighting each other. This kind of behavior is not seen by any other ethnicity. This has to ring a bell to all of you people.

Not very appreciated.

- What is your agenda?
- Why are you pursuing it in this thread?
- What is your story?

Angela
11-06-17, 23:14
Angela, I do appreciate your efforts and fairness a lot. Thank you.
I don't remember, did Minerva also have a spear like Athina? (lol)

Same goddess of wisdom and strategic, defensive warfare and same spear and helmet; just a different name. All the best stories are, of course, about Athena, so I usually go with that. The only thing I don't like about her is the damn owl, which is often pictured on her shoulder. What a terrible idea. Nasty, dirty creatures, birds; always defecating everywhere. He belongs on the ground. :)

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/23300/23393/minerva_23393_lg.gif

Being a wife and mother has always been very important to me, so I like Hera in some ways, especially as I think she may have been one of the first representations of the "Great Goddess" of the Neolithic. However, her life story is disappointing; raped and then forced to accept marriage, and then constantly harassing her husband's concubines and illicit offspring. Had she been fair and just she would have taken her wrath out on Zeus, and not just by nagging.

No, I think Athena/Minerva is better as a symbol for the moderator role. :)

Diomedes
11-06-17, 23:20
In reality, Athene is the true "God of War", not Ares, who mostly symbolizes the brutality of it.

LABERIA
11-06-17, 23:23
Laberia, live and let live. Don't be so hateful.

LeBrok, i have respect for you as a member of this forum and as a mod. Sometimes we share the same opinion sometimes no, i think is normal. But enough is enough. First, she can use that kind of language with her husband in her home, not with me. Second, she can not use two weights and two measures.

Balkanite
11-06-17, 23:28
Dont forget Athenas aegis. Its not athena without it.

LABERIA
11-06-17, 23:30
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33837-Are-albanians-of-northern-african-descent

So be sure that she will also be on 'your' side when needed.

Laberia you have the right to be and think as you prefer, but when you express it out you are bound by the rules of the forum enforced by a moderator. So take the infractions with philosophy.

The same rules protect you from being called 'childish' or 'pathetic' and from being ridiculed or 're-educated'.
Angela might have crossed a line there, but it doesn't look like you are having any psychological trauma (more of an accute Illyrian syndrome, lol)

I would recommend you some 'bonsense' and apologize first.

I don't know you, but personally i think that i have read everything about Albania and Albanians in this forum. I have read that a member here said something like, i should have killed more Albanians when i was in military service. And this member continue undisturbed to spread his hate here.

Diomedes
11-06-17, 23:31
Δύο μέτρα και δύο σταθμά. How come man? I thought this phrase was only in Greek.

Second, she can not use two weights and two measures.

Bergin
11-06-17, 23:34
I've decided there is no reason for cyber fighting within this forum. It does more harm than good. I have no agenda or something similar. Just stating my opinion given what I've read. What I constantly see here is Greeks, Serbs, and Albanians fighting each other. This kind of behavior is not seen by any other ethnicity. This has to ring a bell to all of you people.

Doimedes, I do like a lot of your posts. And also your calming tone.

But today you really asked a 'tendentious' question that managed to get under my skin ( and I have a pretty thick one, maybe one day I will tell you some funny stories).

Honestly I don't have any experience with cyber fighting, and I am here mostly to learn and extremely rarely to maybe correct.
Maybe is better than Greeks, Serbs, and Albanians have a cyber fight over a real one. Might even be better if they do it while sharing an ouzo, shlibovica or raki. I am fine with the fighting (and the consequences in infractions) until they learn to cooperate with the same zeal on a common target.

Have a good evening.

LABERIA
11-06-17, 23:35
Δύο μέτρα και δύο σταθμά. How come man? I thought this phrase was only in Greek.

No i think is from Italian, due pesi e due misure.

Angela
11-06-17, 23:37
Men from certain cultures can apparently take criticism and chastisement from men but not from women. They think they can insult or excoriate women in positions of authority as they please without consequences. I have news for you: not here.

Maciamo banned someone for life because of the way the person spoke to him. It's not my site, so I take a lot from some of you people, but enough is enough.

If you don't like it, it's just too bad.

LABERIA
11-06-17, 23:41
Men from certain cultures can apparently take criticism and chastisement from men but not from women. They think they can insult or excoriate women in positions of authority as they please without consequences. I have news for you: not here.

Maciamo banned someone for life because of the way the person spoke to him. It's not my site, so I take a lot from some of you people, but enough is enough.

If you don't like it, it's just too bad.

Being an educated person has nothing to do with cultural or gender differences, it is a human value.

Bergin
11-06-17, 23:58
I don't know you, but personally i think that i have read everything about Albania and Albanians in this forum. I have read that a member here said something like, i should have killed more Albanians when i was in military service. And this member continue undisturbed to spread his hate here.

Laberia, whoever channeled that member to make such a statement is a genius. What more than full exposure do you plan to achieve with such a member, convince him that he is wrong.

He lost his mind - game over - I will never take anything said afterwards from this member seriously, and so will many others.
Similarly do understand that you have a history of conflict, and that if you want people to take you with full consideration, then you have to get over it.

The real education is shown by how you treat a beggar, not a prince.

Fatherland
13-06-17, 22:55
Autosomal means nothing. For example: a half Russian - half Arab plots at Greece, which doesn't make sense in reality.

The plotting and matching system is highly flawed and primitive. We have to dig deeper.

Angela
13-06-17, 23:15
Autosomal means nothing. A half Russian half Arab plots at Greece which doesn't make sense for example.

It's a flawed and primitive system.

That is off topic. You do seem to have a problem with that concept.

Given the comment you made you also have a definite problem understanding genetics. I recommend starting here:

http://www.dnainheritance.kahikatea.net/autosomal.html

Then I recommend this:

https://books.google.com/books/about/Principles_of_Population_Genetics.html?id=SB1vQgAA CAAJ&source=kp_cover

It helps if you have some background in statistics.

Fatherland
13-06-17, 23:26
That is off topic. You do seem to have a problem with that concept.

Given the comment you made you also have a definite problem understanding genetics. I recommend starting here:

http://www.dnainheritance.kahikatea.net/autosomal.html

Then I recommend this:

https://books.google.com/books/about/Principles_of_Population_Genetics.html?id=SB1vQgAA CAAJ&source=kp_cover

It helps if you have some background in statistics.

IBD sharing is a better measurement by many leagues. Autosomal to compare "relativity" between two populations is just broscience.

I used to be believe in autosomal relativity when I was young. But now I am wise.

srdceleva
14-06-17, 01:26
IBD sharing is a better measurement by many leagues. Autosomal to compare "relativity" between two populations is just broscience.

I used to be believe in autosomal relativity when I was young. But now I am wise.
Of course IBD sharing is the true test of genetic relation. Admixture comparison is interesting as it often points to shared ancestry but not always and not recent even. If you took two half brothers one who was full German and the other who was half German half south African(black). On a PCA plot based on autosomal results they will be light years apart, yet they are more closely related to each other than 99.99 % of the world's population. I constantly try to explain this to people.

Bergin
14-06-17, 02:05
Of course IBD sharing is the true test of genetic relation. Admixture comparison is interesting as it often points to shared ancestry but not always and not recent even. If you took two half brothers one who was full German and the other who was half German half south African(black). On a PCA plot based on autosomal results they will be light years apart, yet they are more closely related to each other than 99.99 % of the world's population. I constantly try to explain this to people.

I admit my ignorance. I thought that admixture is only one option of autosomal DNA. If you want to decompose by admixure in ancient civilizations should work fine because they had all the time to average. I think on individuals from today you would check on .5million SNPs. Your two brothers have an identical Y-chromozone at 100%accuracy - so relation would pop-up immediately.

Oups off-topic.

LeBrok
14-06-17, 02:56

I used to be believe in autosomal relativity when I was young. But now I am wise. Are you saying that IBD is not based on autosomal DNA? And ones we are at it, why not use all the available tools to measure genomes from every angle? They all tell us something specific about DNA.

LeBrok
14-06-17, 03:20
Of course IBD sharing is the true test of genetic relation. Admixture comparison is interesting as it often points to shared ancestry but not always and not recent even. If you took two half brothers one who was full German and the other who was half German half south African(black). On a PCA plot based on autosomal results they will be light years apart, yet they are more closely related to each other than 99.99 % of the world's population. I constantly try to explain this to people. Technically half of their DNA will be related as brothers, but the other half will be a world away. This person will have one strand of DNA similar (not identical) to his brother, the other one way different. So, although brothers they will have on average 50% identical genome on one strand, one side of double helix, or 25% of full DNA, and less if they had different fathers.
So sure, they are half brothers, from IBD we can conclude they share one parent, but for the whole DNA they are very different, like half a world away.

MOESAN
16-06-17, 23:40
a lot of posts off topic! LOL - when discussions keep on without accord and without no more argument, the best to do is to stop when challengers are still alive - war, even by words, is so bad -
let's take it easy and have a glass of fresh drink!
&: Angela is very pretty on her picture - (re-LOL)

Angela
17-06-17, 03:31
a lot of posts off topic! LOL - when discussions keep on without accord and without no more argument, the best to do is to stop when challengers are still alive - war, even by words, is so bad -
let's take it easy and have a glass of fresh drink!
&: Angela is very pretty on her picture - (re-LOL)

Thank you my gallant Moesan, but if you mean the picture of Minerva I posted in this thread, I could do without the over-turned brass cups over the breasts. Not a good look.:useless: As for the rest, it's fine. :smile:

davef
22-06-17, 07:36
Thank you my gallant Moesan, but if you mean the picture of Minerva I posted in this thread, I could do without the over-turned brass cups over the breasts. Not a good look.:useless: As for the rest, it's fine. :smile:
I think he's referring to your avatar. It's very attractive in my opinion, and meshes with your posts perfectly. It's pleasant to look at.

srdceleva
08-07-17, 17:52
, but for the whole DNA they are very different, like half a world away.

The key word is "like" but it's not the reality. On a PCA plot it looks like I cluster with Bohemians and some more eastern type east germans. Yet I have zero ancestry from those people. Im just pointing out the problem of only looking at admixutre.

LeBrok
08-07-17, 18:09
The key word is "like" but it's not the reality. On a PCA plot it looks like I cluster with Bohemians and some more eastern type east germans. Yet I have zero ancestry from those people. Im just pointing out the problem of only looking at admixutre. You did have common ancestry with these people, the last one as recent as Slavic Expansion. Just because you can't find these on written records, it doesn't mean that ancestry doesn't exist. All west Slavs cluster very close together, thanks to common ancestry.

LeBrok
08-07-17, 18:14
You really have a mental problem.
-------

Sadly, I has to say that she was right. You have a complete lack of objectivity combine with bad judgment and bad temper, so I'm expecting another ban coming soon.

trdbr1234
08-07-17, 18:42
Sadly, I has to say that she was right. You have a complete lack of objectivity combine with bad judgment and bad temper, so I'm expecting another ban coming soon.

And what ware the reasons for deleting my comment LeBrok? Which rules did it break? Why do you quote my comment partially and out of context?

I completely disagree with you. I don't think this forum allows objectivity. I do not have a temper and have never been accused of having bad judgement.

I do however have quite an elaborate education and quite a successful career.

At least now we know this place is a farce.

srdceleva
08-07-17, 19:34
You did have common ancestry with these people, the last one as recent as Slavic Expansion. Just because you can't find these on written records, it doesn't mean that ancestry doesn't exist. All west Slavs cluster very close together, thanks to common ancestry.
Yes but I mean I don't have any Czech or east German ancestors just some shared ancestry with them. Anyways I think you get my point, admixture calculators are good to a point but further analysis of the genome is required to really determine ancestry and relation to other populations (Y-dna/mt-dna, IBD etc.)

LeBrok
08-07-17, 21:29
Yes but I mean I don't have any Czech or east German ancestors just some shared ancestry with them. Anyways I think you get my point, admixture calculators are good to a point but further analysis of the genome is required to really determine ancestry and relation to other populations (Y-dna/mt-dna, IBD etc.)You have, but it goes many more generations back. Further than you can track by written records.
If it happens that we had such written records, from "pagan churches" going back to year 500-700 CE, you could find name "Mishko Silny" as your great x 50 grandfather (or grandmother) who had many great grandkids, from which some ended up in Slovakia some in East Germany for example.

IronSide
10-07-17, 05:17
If you're going to delete posts from this thread just delete the whole thread

I like Angela, a great person, and a great moderator, but still a person, she makes mistakes, as we do, and I believe she did in the case of Boreas. he posted something on the Balkans being termed near east, his stupid opinion, but still an opinion, she interpreted that differently and attacked, the guy wasn't a saint so he attacked back, should we blame him ?

If anyone makes a mistake we should advise him to correct it, any criticism should be constructive, and no insults allowed.

Twilight
10-07-17, 07:42
If you're going to delete posts from this thread just delete the whole thread

I like Angela, a great person, and a great moderator, but still a person, she makes mistakes, as we do, and I believe she did in the case of Boreas. he posted something on the Balkans being termed near east, his stupid opinion, but still an opinion, she interpreted that differently and attacked, the guy wasn't a saint so he attacked back, should we blame him ?

If anyone makes a mistake we should advise him to correct it, any criticism should be constructive, and no insults allowed.

I second that notion, it might be time to start something constructive, with all this Balkan arguments/drama going around I really think us Western Europeans are noticing content that were not taught in school. It might be a good idea to play 3rd party, and to learn the history of the cyber fight. Perhaps; being careful not to start fights, even create a middle ground.

Idk, what do you think Mods?

Bergin
10-07-17, 08:29
I think the title of this thread is pretty heavy:
Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela (http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33886-Racism-and-Propaganda-at-Eupedia-Angela/page3)

One thing is to request for better moderation and to provide criticism,
but yet another thing is to label by name an individual as racist.

Probably the title has to be rephrased in a more acceptable manner, for the thread to be working properly.

IronSide
10-07-17, 08:42
I think the title of this thread is pretty heavy:
Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela (http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33886-Racism-and-Propaganda-at-Eupedia-Angela/page3)

One thing is to request for better moderation and to provide criticism,
but yet another thing is to label by name an individual as racist.

Probably the title has to be rephrased in a more acceptable manner, for the thread to be working properly.
You're right, the title should be changed, Angela isn't a racist.

We should change it from an anti-Angela thread into a general place for requesting better moderation and providing criticism, constructively and without insults.

Angela
10-07-17, 21:10
I think I've given members ample opportunity to express their opinions as to the absurd charge that I am a racist against Albanians and spread propaganda about them.

As to Boreas, there is no excuse for posting pms which by their nature are meant to be private discussions. In retrospect I probably should have left them as I believe they demonstrated my civility to him and my attempt to rationally explain that I had not intended to attack him personally. His rather hysterical response to a single infraction and our civil exchange was, in my opinion, the product of his inability to deal with the nuances of the English language and his overwrought and emotional reaction to being reprimanded. It was unfortunate, as I thought he provided a needed perspective here, but there it is.

The thread will now be closed. Anyone who in the future has questions about general moderation rules can post a new thread. Anyone wishing clarification about his or her infractions can civilly request explanations via pm.