FTDNA My Origins Generic Results

MsJ

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Germany, UK, Netherlands, unknown
So, I finally got my Autosomal Transfer Unlocked and I was a little disappointed at the results because they seem odd.

97% European=79% West and Central European, 18% British Isles
Trace of <1% South Central Africa, <1%West Africa, <2% South Central Asia

My 23andme was
99.1% European-=57.9% British Isles, 8.1% French and German, 2.2% Scandinavian, 0.5% Finnish, 26.6% Broadly NW European, 2.5% Broadly S. European, 1% Broadly European
0.8% West African

So, FTDNA uses a much different calculator, I assume. 23andme seems to try to tell me where my ancestors immigrated from within the past 500 years but FTDNA goes back farther?

I get what your saying but mine were even worse than yours, I transferred both my Ancestry and 23andMe raw data to FTDNA and with both was 100% West Central Europe, Ancestry had me 35% Western Europe, 27% Irish, 19% Iberian, 13% Italian, 4% Scandinavian, 1% Great Britain and <1% European/Ashkenazi Jewish

then 23andMe had me as 81.3% NW European(26% British/Irish, 24% French/German, 0.4% Scandinavian, 30.9% broadly NW European) and 14.5% Southern European(8.2% Iberian and 6.2% broadly Southern European) and 4.2% broadly European so FTDNA is very simple and to me wasn't worth the unlock fee.

This thread has been viewed 3322 times.

Back