Reaction score
Ethnic group
Basically British
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1 Z63*
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b1
https://www.wegene.com/en/

You can upload the Sorenson lab tests (23andMe or newer Ancestry.com). After 2-3 days processing they will give you an ethnicity estimate and haplogroups. The yDNA haplo prediction is correct but I don't think the mtDNA information from the Ancestry.com test is enough to make a determination.

I got R0 and I have no idea if that's correct. It's most likely something downstream in HV or H.

As far as ethnicity estimates, they have no idea what they're doing with the interpretation of European genes.

You're correct on their European estimates, they got me down as mostly French😂, when I know my ancestry is mostly Irish and Scottish! But how accurate is the haplogroup test?

You're correct on their European estimates, they got me down as mostly French😂, when I know my ancestry is mostly Irish and Scottish! But how accurate is the haplogroup test?
It's accurate and uses the ISOGG 2016 tree.

Yeah, I know. WEGENE SAID I WAS A MAGYAR! I am 88% NORTHWEST European. Still, the y-haplo subclade YP-445 got me to a TMRCA of 600 AD.

https://www.wegene.com/en/

You can upload the Sorenson lab tests (23andMe or newer Ancestry.com). After 2-3 days processing they will give you an ethnicity estimate and haplogroups. The yDNA haplo prediction is correct but I don't think the mtDNA information from the Ancestry.com test is enough to make a determination.

I got R0 and I have no idea if that's correct. It's most likely something downstream in HV or H.

As far as ethnicity estimates, they have no idea what they're doing with the interpretation of European genes.

Wegene now run 47K results...mine below, I did not add the zero ones
Western Mediterranean 12.612%
Eastern Europe 11.867 %
Beihai Germanic 10.756 %
Celtic 9.949%
Northern Iberian 7.738 %
Mediterranean 6.656 %
Nordic group 6.439 %
Ancient Balkans 6.234 %
Eastern Mediterranean 5.935%
South Caucasian 5.351%
Eastern Iberian 4.634 %
Iranian 4.526 %
Baltic Sea 2.665 %
Arab 2.350%
Chuvash 1.075%
North Africa 0.819%
Pamir 0.352%
West Finns 0.013 %
R0 is used when they cannot figure out the results...my 1st cousin was given R0 , but since has found out she is T1a1e

This thread has been viewed 6885 times.

Back