I1a3_Young

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Basically British
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1 Z63*
mtDNA haplogroup
H5b1
Oldest male in the line was born in 1748 in Breague, Cornwall, England.

This was his son, born in St. Ive, Cornwall.

Cornwall2.jpg

Patrilinear line obtained from living male in Canada, results:

L21->DF13->Z253->FGC3222->possibly PF825

I posted this just in case the R1b people are nerdy enough to care:LOL:

Just to prove how nerdy we are, either your date for the "oldest male in the line" is a bit too early, or the handsome older gent in the picture could not be his son. That picture seems to be from around the the turn of the 20th C. Just barely possibly a grandson, more likely a great grandson, much more likely a gg grandson.

In any event, I am jealous of the connection and of the picture. Good stuff.

Just to prove how nerdy we are, either your date for the "oldest male in the line" is a bit too early, or the handsome older gent in the picture could not be his son. That picture seems to be from around the the turn of the 20th C. Just barely possibly a grandson, more likely a great grandson, much more likely a gg grandson.

In any event, I am jealous of the connection and of the picture. Good stuff.
b9216cc7-80ae-4d09-b821-c346b3cbb954.jpg

Attaching pic of his son b. 1824, or so I think. I would be way more confident of the dates more than the photos. I'm curious what you see to date them.

Thanks for the tip, the photo seems to be of his son of the same name who died 1891. Now I need to see if the next photo is his son or a brother.

Sent from my XT1080 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

I have a few old photos that seem to have been taken in the 1870s and 1880s and the oldest by my estimate was taken in the 1860s.

Sent from my XT1080 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

This thread has been viewed 3855 times.

Back