Reconstruction of 15th century BC head of Egyptian official

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
It looks pretty legit, I think, given what we now know.

See:

http://www.archaeology.org/news/5671-170620-nebiri-mummy-reconstruction

"TURIN, ITALY—Live Science reports that an international team of researchers has used computed tomography scanning to reconstruct the face of Nebiri, an Egyptian dignitary who lived during the reign of the 18th Dynasty pharaoh Thutmose III (r. 1479‒1425 B.C.) and was buried in the Valley of the Queens. His tomb was plundered in antiquity, and his body destroyed, but Italian Egyptologist Ernesto Schiaparelli recovered his head and canopic jars containing his internal organs in the early twentieth century. The remains are now housed in the Egyptian Museum in Turin. Chemical analysis indicated that Nebiri’s head and brain were carefully packed with linen bandages treated with a mixture of animal fat or plant oil, an aromatic plant, a coniferous resin, and heated Pistacia resin, or mastic. “We were able to add strength to the argument that Nebiri was [a] high elite,” Robert Loynes of the University of Manchester said of the meticulous packing job, which protected the remains from insects and maintained the head’s lifelike appearance. "

418DEA7400000578-0-image-a-36_1497887722000.jpg

Not sure if reconstruction or Egyptian actor Adel imam
1000795_506206312768689_807916279_n.jpg
adel_imam.jpg
images

Pretty nice, that's a proffesional work. I wish more thick and dence eyelashes maybe; The colouring is fine according to he's official duties- I mean he probably did'nt work to the fields...

Woaaa... Great match @Alan. (y)

This thread has been viewed 3728 times.

Back