Anita Ekberg! Please get out of the Trevi Fountain

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See: Rome begins crackdown on bad behavior at Trevi fountain.
https://www.thelocal.it/20170727/rome-begins-crackdown-on-bad-behaviour-at-trevi-fountain

I think they're being a little hard on the occasional faux Anita Ekbergs who show up in costume. What next? Are they going to ban tourists from riding around on Vespas? All their fantasies are going to be shattered!:) Seriously, they have my blessing to fine all the sweaty tourists jumping in because it's so hot. Sorry, you go to Rome in July and August, it's hot, although to be fair this summer is insane. It ain't Disney World, folks!

For those culturally deprived, a still from the iconic film "La Dolce Vita" with Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg in the Trevi fountain.

la-dolce-vita-.jpg

Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday":
Vacanze_romane__film_.jpg

A bit of topic, but I think that the beauties of the old Hollywood were much better than the current ones. Women were so classy. What gives?

A bit of topic, but I think that the beauties of the old Hollywood were much better than the current ones. Women were so classy. What gives?

Well, this is a fun thread, not genetics, so I think we can allow ourselves some leeway...

I couldn't agree more. So many of the current film stars, male and female, are just average, in my opinion, if not downright plain, and particularly the women, and that's with tons of plastic surgery. As for them being classier, I agree there too. So many of the actresses today look and behave like hookers, pardon my vulgarity. Forget singers...with a few exceptions I can't even watch some of the female "pop" stars. If I didn't have children, looking at Miley Cyrus would convince me not to have them.

Perhaps the directors, executives etc. want to prove they're not sexist and so are picking totally on the basis of talent? I think that's stupid from a business point of view. People like to look at beautiful actresses and actors (and that includes me), and there are women who are both beautiful and talented.

Vivien Leigh was a wonderful actress, in classical stage roles and on film, and look at her:
vivien_leigh_scarlett_ohara.jpg

Ditto for Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Heddy Lamarr, and on and on.

grace-kelly.jpg

07ff9ded127ddb084f52811eccf7833f--s-hairstyles-vintage-glamour.jpg

What a lovely person Audrey Hepburn was, inside and out:
Cx7AR4VXEAAfXDw.jpg

This could be the case, among others. But as far as singers etc. are concerned, I totally agree. For some reason there is this hyper-sexuality. Unfortunately, our society is building too much on sex.

Perhaps the directors, executives etc. want to prove they're not sexist and so are picking totally on the basis of talent?

They're cracking down all over, thank God. Yes, we need the tourist dollars, but we need to be able to live in our own cities. People need to act like civilized human beings, not animals. Also, if everything gets destroyed what will there be to see?

See:
https://www.thelocal.it/20170714/mi...selfie-sticks-and-glass-cans-beverages-summer

Late night alcohol sales are being banned too. Double applause.

"The capital has also forbidden climbing on, bathing in, or picnicking near its ancient fountains, with fines of up to €240 in place for those who fail to comply."

If they don't comply throw them in jail overnight. Rudy proved it in New York. Start with lifestyle violations and everything will start to get better...Not that New York under Giuliani ever did that, but I would. I'm the hanging judge type as we say! :)

^ Good that they banned alcohol. In Greece, a US black kid was beaten to death recently in a brutal fight.

Forget the faux Anita Ekbergs, they need to crack down on the vendors and migrants selling trinkets like fidget spinners right in front of it.

If you go there at night they have these obnoxious rainbow colored tops that they shoot up in the air in front of the fountain, blocking everyone's view. They land next to children and the vendors harass the families(and kids) to buy them.

When I was there some migrant selling trinkets slapped me on the shoulder out of nowhere, they are way too aggressive. Armed carabinieri stand guard around the fountain, they should start locking these people up.

This thread has been viewed 5896 times.

Back