mtDNA RO?

ABC123

Reaction score
Good day!

I have recieved the results from WeGene.com and my haplogroups are the following:

YDNA - I2a1b2

mtDNA - RO

I have uploaded ancestryDNA raw data to their site and it said that the haplogroups could be wrong.

I guess that for the YDNA part they might be right. I am from the area where you find a lot of I2 but about the mtDNA I am not so sure. I have no South Indian ancestry from my mother's lineage. I know maybe every member of my mother's family up until 1600/1500. They were strict when it came to marrige. Marrying only with the "upper class" being noble-men from 1200/1300.

I have read that "Haplogroup R0 has been found in around 55% of osteological remains belonging to the Eneolithic Trypillia culture". Well my mother and her whole family (with a good percentage of the people from village named after her name) are from the area where Cucuteni - Trypillia culture was. Could it be from there? Or maybe it is just a mistake that WeGenes made?

Thank you very much for your time!

Oh I forgot to mention that on every calculator including EurogenesK36 I have no Indian or South Asian or any Asian % at all.

Thanks again!

Ancestry.com raw data only has the data to test a few high level mtDNA positions. You cannot get a good result from that test. You will probably end up an H of some type.

You do know that you aren't any kind of U or T which are also common in Europe.

R0 is above R, HV, and H. There is still a tiny chance you get an R but you'll almost certainly get an H.

I had the same R0 result from WeGene and ended up H5b1.

23andMe and LivingDNA will give decent mtDNA results. FTDNA has a mtDNA full sequence which is the ultimate result but costs twice as much.

Try to see if other people on your mother line side have been tested and if they have a mtDNA result. You might be able to get it for free if those people have uploaded to GEDmatch and listed their group.

Sent from my XT1080 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

First of all, thank you for your answer!

On GEDmatch I have an individual who is related to me. I see his real name and his surname is the same as my mothers maiden name. Even if I selected 30cM, he still appears.

He has mtDNA X2e1 and YDNA R1a1a.

The next one has mtDNA H47 YDNA I1-Z60. For him to appear I have to select 15cM.

Ancestry.com raw data only has the data to test a few high level mtDNA positions. You cannot get a good result from that test. You will probably end up an H of some type.

You do know that you aren't any kind of U or T which are also common in Europe.

R0 is above R, HV, and H. There is still a tiny chance you get an R but you'll almost certainly get an H.

I had the same R0 result from WeGene and ended up H5b1.

23andMe and LivingDNA will give decent mtDNA results. FTDNA has a mtDNA full sequence which is the ultimate result but costs twice as much.

Try to see if other people on your mother line side have been tested and if they have a mtDNA result. You might be able to get it for free if those people have uploaded to GEDmatch and listed their group.

On GEDmatch I have an individual who is related to me. I see his real name and his surname is the same as my mothers maiden name. Even if I selected 30cM, he still appears.

The next one has mtDNA H47 YDNA I1-Z60. For him to appear I have to select 15cM.

Try emailing them and see if you can find out exactly how you're related.

This thread has been viewed 5087 times.

Back