Americans: Is it time for West Virginia to become annexed to Virginia again?

Redmayne

Reaction score
Ethnic group
English, Irish and German
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1c
mtDNA haplogroup
W
I know that would mean only 49 stars.

(But think about it: we could probably create new state out of Idaho, Montana and or/Utah/Wyoming; Shoshone could be the name.)

Montana was originally going to be named Shoshone after the indian tribe. But the Americans chose the Spanish name of Montaña (English: mountain) instead. Montana - is also a gigantic state. So taking a big portion of it, as well as smaller portions of surrounding states; would be better organized. (Then you would have your 50 stars again. Heh.)

And also, back to WV - what would be the point of a small state like West Virginia? On maps -- it looks pretty awkward. Why don't we call Virginia the state of East Virginia? Get my point?

So think about it? Should there be a merge between both states? Discuss.

And Illinois SHOULD become two states. Northern Illinois is hands down different from Southern Illinois.

After having taught Government, I believe that all states should have approximately the same number of residents. It would create a climate of all states having the same voice in federal government.

Have a Referendum 1st.

I agree, a referendum.

After having taught Government, I believe that all states should have approximately the same number of residents. It would create a climate of all states having the same voice in federal government.
I agree, completely.

I also like how Canada has those big territories/provinces. We should have done that here in the USA. (for instance, merging both Arizona and New Mexico ~ so they would be as big as California or Texas. Or Mississippi and Alabama merging together. Or the Carolinas. etc.)

But for some odd reason; in America we always have our states pretty small. Canada does a good job at organizing their regions. I think Australia; too. USA should be like that, if you ask me.

In a judicial sense we do have provinces, but you have to remember territories would create a whole new layer of government to pay for, and we already have three nationally, and three statewide in some states.

This thread has been viewed 3144 times.

Back