Reaction score
Ethnic group
Spanish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L21 (R-DF13)
mtDNA haplogroup
H1 (H1h1) or (H1e1)
http://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

Here is my results from it. Cool I got a very high score from west Iberia and Catalonia, I find it odd that I also scored high with Mexico. I was also thinking i would score higher from the basque but Nevermind.
Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

I think this tool works very well.
My results are in line with what is my family and/or territorial history (i.e. maximum approximation with central-northern Italy and southern-central Balkans)

View attachment 9575

XwMU8tO.png

Population

Amerindian
-
Arabian-
Armenian2.05
Basque2.99
Central_African-
Central_Euro6.22
East_African-
East_Asian-
East_Balkan1.80
East_Central_Asian-
East_Central_Euro-
East_Med7.21
Eastern_Euro5.61
Fennoscandian5.81
French3.47
Iberian13.00
Indo-Chinese-
Italian25.25
Malayan-
Near_Eastern-
North_African-
North_Atlantic8.13
North_Caucasian-
North_Sea9.72
Northeast_African-
Oceanian-
Omotic-
Pygmy-
Siberian-
South_Asian-
South_Central_Asian-
South_Chinese-
Volga-Ural-
West_African-
West_Caucasian1.24
West_Med7.50

Use a image showing website like imgur because I can't see your image

That's interesting since you are Serbian but k36 shows a higher percentage in west Slav and Ukraine
edited....

Last edited:
Help with K 36 map results

So I mapped out the results and do these mean that I have ancestry from the region or the chances of having an ancestor from that region?

Perfectly adjusted to my case, since I am Uruguayan (next to Argentina) and my paternal grandfather was from Veneto

ATTACH]

So I mapped out the results and do these mean that I have ancestry from the region or the chances of having an ancestor from that region?

Hmmm no, but maybe yes.

I mean, the whole concept of genetics (at this level of course) it's more like...x isn't y. I mean, each ethnicity is a mixture of different "ingredients", to a point that some are common to a certain group at certain levels. For example, if you use European groups, all have salt, but some more, some less. But Sub-Saharian doesn't, so even if you cut an European group there, if you have Sub-Saharian genetic they still appear.

That means those places with big numbers are closer to your genetic build. For example, AdeoF said his numbers appeared high in Mexico; probably because the Mexican sampler has a huge amount of Iberian genetic, so it gets closer even not being Spanish or Portuguese (or even Italian).

If you're not mixed (or have few mix), things can get easier. If not, you'll probably see that some distant groups would appear somewhat high (like, I have more than 30 at Israel and Turkmenistan/Uzbekistan, and I know I have some Jewish/Turkic origins from my family).

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 18318 times.

Back