LivingDNA Results of a British Canadian

TopLobster

Reaction score
My results are available much earlier than expected. The estimated completion date was January 8, 2018.

I did not receive a Y-DNA Haplogroup sub-clade. Has anyone had the same experience? Do you think it will be updated later?

The ethnicity results are generally what I expected based on genealogy, except the amount of North-West Scottish seems too high. My only ancestor with family from that region is a GG Grandmother (1/16). I also have a GG grandmother and a GGG Grandmother who had Ulster Scots ancestry (3/32), and based on surnames their origins were in the Anglo-Scottish border region. I have a GG Grandfather from West Central Ireland. Is it possible that some of this DNA is showing as North West Scottish?

My fathers side has been in North America for many generations, most arriving in the early 19th century. My mother's parents were immigrants from England (mother from East Midlands, father mostly from South East England).

LivingDNA results.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what I have estimated the regional amounts to be based on genealogy I haven't traced some of the lines back far enough to be confident that their family was all from the area where they were born so for some I guessed or put them as unknown. There are a few people who were upper-middle class and so I know they married people not from their region, therefore I put them as unknown. There were also some Anglo-Irish people which I put as England unknown.

My guesses are:
Most of the London/Middlesex is probably Southeast or South Central.
The England Unknown is probably mostly Southeast.
The Channel Islander might be showing as Cornwall.
Part of the Irish might be showing as South Wales due to the low amount of Irish reference samples.
Some of the England Southwest might be showing as England South.
The England Central is showing as South Central and Welsh Border.

RegionFraction of 64Percent
England unknown1421.875
England London/Middlesex57.8125
England Southeast0
England South46.25
England South Central23.125
England Southwest34.6875
Channel Islands23.125
England Central1825
England North0
Scotland Unknown57.8125
Scotland Northeast11.5625
Scotland Northwest46.25
Scotland South23.125
Ireland46.25

Have you had any type of other testing done?

There are significant numbers of I1 that aren't in the main subclades. You could be DF29- while almost all I1 are DF29+.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There are significant numbers of I1 that aren't in the main subclades. You could be DF29- while almost all I1 are DF29+.

I haven't done any other tests. Is there a test that you know will be able to give me my Y-DNA haplogroup further down the phylogenetic tree. I don't want to pay for something if it is not certain that it will give me more information than LivingDNA did.

I haven't done any other tests. Is there a test that you know will be able to give me my Y-DNA haplogroup further down the phylogenetic tree. I don't want to pay for something if it is not certain that it will give me more information than LivingDNA did.
The I1 pack from YSEQ would be what you're looking for. $99 plus 5 shipping

I got partial results back. I am DF29-, if I am interpreting this correctly. I have the ancestral A allele at this marker.

This thread has been viewed 5256 times.

Back