mtDNA haplogroup
U1a1a
Well, I got back my livingdna results and here they are:

ZuSLX39.png
gnQAlnL.png

bKXoxvC.png

Rwe0cvi.png

vf4zq2Y.jpg

Note how Kosovo is missing on the map, there is clearly something going on here. This is not good as kosovo is 95% ethnically albanian currently and seems to be highest Ev13 presenting:

BRyYBL2.png

oNxwuMF.png

A8dwJSF.png

Ok so that's it. If anyone knows about the U1a1a subclade I would love some more links or info I cant find much on the web about it. I wrote Livingdna asking them to show me where they saw that 50% of Dagestan is U1 but they
just responded in a very vague manner saying in the future they'l show their citations for all results in a white paper. I think Angela posted something about U1 in egyptian mummies or something?

My grandparents from both sides are all very north Albanians. My fathers side is from a village near Podujevo and their last name is the name of the village and they've been there for a while. My mothers side are all Albanians that were ethnically
cleansed from the toplica valley (today is south serbia) 100 years ago.

Last edited:
Well, I got back my livingdna results and here they are:

ZuSLX39.png
gnQAlnL.png

bKXoxvC.png

Rwe0cvi.png

vf4zq2Y.jpg

Note how Kosovo is missing on the map, there is clearly something going on here. This is not good as kosovo is 95% ethnically albanian currently and seems to be highest Ev13 presenting:
BRyYBL2.png

oNxwuMF.png

A8dwJSF.png

Ok so that's it. If anyone knows about the U1a1a subclade I would love some more links or info I cant find much on the web about it. I wrote Livingdna asking them to show me where they saw that 50% of Dagestan is U1 but they
just responded in a very vague manner saying in the future they'l show their citations for all results in a white paper. I think Angela posted something about U1 in egyptian mummies or something?

My grandparents from both sides are all very north Albanians. My fathers side is from a village near Podujevo and their last name is the name of the village and they've been there for a while. My mothers side are all Albanians that were ethnically
cleansed from the toplica valley (today is south serbia) 100 years ago.
Interesting, amazing how even an albanian scores british lol. We both belong to haplogroup U though. Bice results thanks for sharing.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Interesting, amazing how even an albanian scores british lol. We both belong to haplogroup U though. Bice results thanks for sharing.

Haha yes the british is suspect : /

results are not too different from mine. Yea I got even more British and Wales. A whopping 6.7 percent with 1.3 percent Scandinavian. I got very little Europe East though. 7.5 West Balkan. Mostly Aegean.

Thanks for this, really interesting to see another albanian's results

You're welcome! our results are very similar. Give or take some differences. I thought my high British was due to few Balkan/Albanian samples. But, you do not seem to score much of it on yours. I wonder if this is genuine then? Until regionalization is available, I reckon most of the Albanian like ancestry is part of the "Aegean Cluster".

You're welcome! our results are very similar. Give or take some differences. I thought my high British was due to few Balkan/Albanian samples. But, you do not seem to score much of it on yours. I wonder if this is genuine then? Until regionalization is available, I reckon most of the Albanian like ancestry is part of the "Aegean Cluster".

In the standard and cautious the england and wales dissapears and goes into unassigned europe. If it is genuine then it's possible
its related to roman empire remnants in UK? Who knows.

In the standard and cautious the england and wales dissapears and goes into unassigned europe. If it is genuine then it's possible
its related to roman empire remnants in UK? Who knows.

It only falls off for me in Cautious, and is referred to as 8% northwest euro related ancestry(includes the Scandinavian with it). Both are broken down in standard and complete though. From what I remember(I was reading an thread on anthro), people with higher south england/wales like ancestry were those with input from Viking settlements. My guess is(I could be dead wrong) that its connected to Norman occupation of Albania? If its true the admixture is related to Viking settlements. British and Irish folk seem to score less for that area. My understanding is that Tuscan/Central Italy type ancestry is related to Romans, as people from northwest Europe can score anywhere between 10-15 or so percent Tuscan.

If anyone knows about the U1a1a subclade I would love some more links or info I cant find much on the web about it. I wrote Livingdna asking them to show me where they saw that 50% of Dagestan is U1 but they

Correction, I found the thread, nothing to do with mummies, just egyptian romano christians. Here is the original thread:

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...ano-Christian-burial-in-Egypt?highlight=U1a1a

If anyone knows more about U1 I would love the run down as there doesn't seem to be a U1 section like there is for
other U mtdna clades.

If 50% of dagestan is really U1 then this is quite significant, but I haven't been able to find anything about this except on Livingdna's
map, they did not provide me with a link or citation after I requested.

Correction, I found the thread, nothing to do with mummies, just egyptian romano christians. Here is the original thread:

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...ano-Christian-burial-in-Egypt?highlight=U1a1a

If anyone knows more about U1 I would love the run down as there doesn't seem to be a U1 section like there is for
other U mtdna clades.

If 50% of dagestan is really U1 then this is quite significant, but I haven't been able to find anything about this except on Livingdna's
map, they did not provide me with a link or citation after I requested.

Their whole rep is in question. I find it suspect that Kosova was not included under your haplo description, especially being the chief region with that line. Also, Kosova is still listed as Yugoslavia on their site, despite Maciamo's claim otherwise.

View attachment 9438

Being Berishe you most certainly are FGC33625+, but of course there is no way of knowing it without testing at yseq or ftdna (ps. assigning V13 to Myceneans or Greek expansion is absolutely horseshit, just like their autosomal clusters).

Last edited:
Being Berishe you most certainly are FGC33625+, but of course there is no way to know it without testing at yseq of ftdna (ps. assigning V13 to Myceneans or Greek expansion is absolutely horseshit, just like their autosomal clusters).

I will eventually do yseq once i save enough money

Don't take the autosomal results very seriously. Anyway congratulations. I would advise you do what Leki has suggested and get a YSEQ kit when you can.

It only falls off for me in Cautious, and is referred to as 8% northwest euro related ancestry(includes the Scandinavian with it). Both are broken down in standard and complete though. From what I remember(I was reading an thread on anthro), people with higher south england/wales like ancestry were those with input from Viking settlements. My guess is(I could be dead wrong) that its connected to Norman occupation of Albania? If its true the admixture is related to Viking settlements. British and Irish folk seem to score less for that area. My understanding is that Tuscan/Central Italy type ancestry is related to Romans, as people from northwest Europe can score anywhere between 10-15 or so percent Tuscan.

The south of England and Wales actually had the least Viking settlements. Vikings settled more the North of England, Scottish Isles and areas of Ireland not so much the south of England and Wales. Normans aren't exactly the same as Vikings. Normans were a more mixed population. I don't think Tuscan is that common in Northwest Europeans. I know some English have got it but most British / Irish don't get it with LivingDNA. British and Irish populations do score Scandinavian with LivingDNA.

Congrats!

As Leka mentioned, being Berishë and confirmed E-V13, most definitely you are E-V13>CTS5856>Z5018>S2979>FGC33621>FGC33625 like all V13 Berishas. You can confirm this with only Y-DNA12 at FTDNA or YSEQ Alpha (Y18), both of which cost around $60. No higher marker like Y37/Y67 needed, since this cluster has some distinctive STR values. You may also join our corresponding Albanian Bloodlines group ;)

Otherwise, IMHO, pretty general Autosomal results. For Y-DNA most definitely they did not test below E-V13 ether. Or if they did, the few SNPs they tested were a combination of no-call (unknown) and negative.

Congrats!

As Leka mentioned, being Berishë and confirmed E-V13, most definitely you are E-V13>CTS5856>Z5018>S2979>FGC33621>FGC33625 like all V13 Berishas. You can confirm this with only Y-DNA12 at FTDNA or Y18 from YSEQ, both of which cost around $60. No higher marker like Y37/Y67 needed, since this cluster has some distinctive STR values.

Otherwise, IMHO, pretty general Autosomal results. For Y-DNA most definitely they did not test below E-V13 ether. Or if they did, the few SNPs they tested were a combination of no-call (unknown) and negative.

Thanks, yes i will be doing further clade analysis as soon as i have some spare change, ill be sure to send you the info once i get it.

I'm Berisha e kuqe if that makes any difference : )

Thanks, yes i will be doing further clade analysis as soon as i have some spare change, ill be sure to send you the info once i get it.
I'm Berisha e kuqe if that makes any difference : )

Interesting. I thought you were just Berisha. AFAIK, Berisha e Kuqe in Kosove is Kuqi. There is a few Kuqis tested at FTDNA and they have no close relationship to the Berisha tribe, since Kuqi is E-S2979>>Z16661, while Berisha being E-S2979>>FGC33625 even though both are E-V13. You should test at YSEQ Alpha-Beta (Y37) sometime to confirm which one you are, but if Berisha e Kuqe, likely E-S2979>>Z16661. See:

V13Final-1.jpg

Interesting. I thought you were just Berisha. AFAIK, Berisha e Kuqe in Kosove is Kuqi. There is a few Kuqis tested at FTDNA and they have no close relationship to the Berisha tribe, since Kuqi is E-S2979>>Z16661, while Berisha being E-S2979>FGC33625 even though both are E-V13. You should test at YSEQ sometime to confirm which one you are, but if Berisha e Kuqe, most likely E-S2979>>Z16661. See:

V13Final-1.jpg

Yeah i remember reading theories that kuqi used to be berisha e kuqe, i guess when i do the next test it will be more clarified. Heres hoping.

Nihemi!

This thread has been viewed 19538 times.

Back