Y-dna time frames

Jesse Elliott

Reaction score
Are there time frames attached to your y-dna matches such as y-12 etc? I have a LOT of matches at y12 with the surname Cole. They all disapear at y25 while other names stay. Is tnis a bit of a clue to my E-M81 source into Britain, time wise? Its said the surname cole originated in E.Anglia & was given to people with a swarthy or dark complection( dark like cole i guess).

Are there time frames attached to your y-dna matches such as y-12 etc? I have a LOT of matches at y12 with the surname Cole. They all disapear at y25 while other names stay. Is tnis a bit of a clue to my E-M81 source into Britain, time wise? Its said the surname cole originated in E.Anglia & was given to people with a swarthy or dark complection( dark like cole i guess).

You are lucky that there is a Cole dna project (Ftdna) with a good number of participants. Like many other surnames it seems that it does not have one Ydna origin and R1b and I's are more frequent then E.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Cole?iframe=yresults

Dang R1bs,always hogging the spotlight. Didnt know there waz a cole project, ill loo, it up.

This thread has been viewed 3108 times.

Back