PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Lombard DNA

Angela
22-11-17, 22:00
This is from a poster of a recently presented paper by C. Eduardo Amorim

See:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgvuxv3h2p09aju/poster_hinxton.pdf?dl=0

This is another one where I'm going to need the actual paper to figure out what's going on.

Did they find that the Langobard samples from Hungary already included samples much like Finns and other far north and northeastern Europeans and also ones that were already very "Italian like". One of those Hungary samples lands practically on my head going by it's placement on the map of Italian variation.

Is the exact same thing true for the samples found in the Lombard sample in western Piemonte?

As to the former I suppose it makes sense as a sign that the Langobards mixed with still very EEF like populations in Iron Age Hungary.

However, if that's the case, then how can any estimates be made of how much impact the Langobards had on northern and Central Italian genetics?

Also, what do they mean about all these CEU samples in northern Italy. Didn't they use anything other than 1000 genomes? What they may be picking up is "Celtic" samples from the Celtic migrations into Northern Italy that first arrived around 400 BC.

Also, what place and time period does that lone "Roman" sample come from? It seems to place at the meeting point between Spanish and Northern Italian populations. "Roman" meant different things at different time periods. Is it a local sample from Piemonte from the same time as the Langobard settlement?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you can get bigger and clearer pictures of the various graphics in the poster that would be great.

Pax Augusta
22-11-17, 22:55
This is from a poster of a recently presented paper by C. Eduardo Amorim

See:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgvuxv3h2p09aju/poster_hinxton.pdf?dl=0

This is another one where I'm going to need the actual paper to figure out what's going on.

Did they find that the Langobard samples from Hungary already included samples much like Finns and other far north and northeastern Europeans and also ones that were already very "Italian like". One of those Hungary samples lands practically on my head going by it's placement on the map of Italian variation.

Is the exact same thing true for the samples found in the Lombard sample in western Piemonte?

As to the former I suppose it makes sense as a sign that the Langobards mixed with still very EEF like populations in Iron Age Hungary.

However, if that's the case, then how can any estimates be made of how much impact the Langobards had on northern and Central Italian genetics?

Also, what do they mean about all these CEU samples in northern Italy. Didn't they use anything other than 1000 genomes? What they may be picking up is "Celtic" samples from the Celtic migrations into Northern Italy that first arrived around 400 BC.

Also, what place and time period does that lone "Roman" sample come from? It seems to place at the meeting point between Spanish and Northern Italian populations. "Roman" meant different things at different time periods. Is it a local sample from Piemonte from the same time as the Langobard settlement?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you can get bigger and clearer pictures of the various graphics in the poster that would be great.

What is SK in the PCA? Roman with southern French or north-western Italians?

Angela
22-11-17, 23:38
What is SK in the PCA? Roman with southern French? Oh, right. Eduardo Amorim sounds so Atlantic facade.

No, it means Slovakia. That's a sample which somehow was labeled Slovakian in the original Novembre study, I think, but clearly is not. It's been wrong ever since. Novembre would have to be the one to correct the PCA by removing it. Just ignore it. They're just using it to plot the ancient samples on a broadly European dataset.

Do you have any idea what's going on with those samples?

If this was a thread about Levantine samples found in Southern Italy there would be 100 posts by now! :)

Bollox79
23-11-17, 05:54
Any Y-DNA results with these samples???

bicicleur
23-11-17, 10:57
is the TSI component also the result of import from Hungary to Italy, or is this 3-component model to simple to make a differentiation?

Promenade
23-11-17, 13:07
Are these all from the same era? If so it's clear this was no longer a homogenous population by the time they came to Italy and the same can be applied to the Roman sample as a Roman at that time could refer to anyone from Britian to the Levant. I'm guessing we'd see the same thing for the Avars since these two look essentially like Slavs, these weren't homogenous tribes but multi ethnic confederations varying similarly as the Roman Empire did.

Angela
23-11-17, 15:36
is the TSI component also the result of import from Hungary to Italy, or is this 3-component model to simple to make a differentiation?

I have no idea, really, since all I know is what's on the poster to which I linked, and I can't even make out some of the graphs.

I doubt there were any Tuscans in Pannonia, though, so I have a feeling perhaps it's that people pretty similar to modern Tuscans were still living in Pannonia all the way into the post Roman era? Perhaps it's like the fact that Globular Amphora people were pretty close to modern Tuscans, or Spain Chalcolithic?

This may be a problem having to do with only using 1000 genomes populations. That's how they wound up with CEU people in Italy too.

@Bollox,
I don't know

@Promenade,
I don't know. This is becoming a theme, isn't it? :) It would seem so to me. I mean, it makes sense for the Italian cemetery, but some of those samples are clearly labeled as coming from the cemetery in present day Hungary.

I think we'll have to wait for the paper, but it certainly is intriguing.

Bollox79
25-11-17, 17:00
Angela,

Looks like an earlier paper was done on the same population? Or is it the same paper? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25369022

Angela
25-11-17, 17:31
Angela,

Looks like an earlier paper was done on the same population? Or is it the same paper? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25369022

I think it's a new paper. The same group has been studying those samples forever. They're slow as molasses in January, almost as bad as the group in Bolzano working on Otzi.

Sile
25-11-17, 18:36
Angela,

2014 paper....link below is the full paper

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0110793

Wonomyro
25-11-17, 19:42
Could this be helpful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannonian_Romance

Angela
25-11-17, 20:21
Could this be helpful:

How interesting. I knew nothing of this culture.

I wonder if it's indeed possible that the Lombards, who seem to have originally been a very northern even northeastern group could have absorbed these people while in Pannonia?

The red marker is Szolad, the Lombard settlement. Look how close it is to Keszthely to its west.

Click to enlarge.

I wonder if the dates match, though?

Well, I did say one of those Szolad samples lands virtually on my head. :)

Wonomyro
25-11-17, 21:29
How interesting. I knew nothing of this culture.

I wonder if it's indeed possible that the Lombards, who seem to have originally been a very northern even northeastern group could have absorbed these people while in Pannonia?

The red marker is Szolad, the Lombard settlement. Look how close it is to Keszthely to its west.

Click to enlarge.

I wonder if the dates match, though?

Well, I did say one of those Szolad samples lands virtually on my head. :)

I can imagine that Langobards picked most of romanized locals from Panonia and Noricum to repopulate northern Italy:

Following this victory, Alboin decided to lead his people to Italy, which had become severely depopulated and devastated after the long Gothic War (535–554) between the Byzantine Empire and the Ostrogothic Kingdom there.

Such scenario could fairly explain the PCA plot. After most of the Panonian Romans fled to Italy, Slavs from Slovakia and Ukraine repopulated the deserted land.

These Keszthely people were the Roman survivors in Panonia:

Under the Avars, the Roman castle of Fenékpuszta near Keszthely and the surroundings were not occupied, so the original Romanized inhabitants lived on undisturbed. They paid food and artisan goods for peace from the Avars. After 568 new Christian Romanized Pannonians arrived here, probably from the destroyed Aquincum (modern Budapest).

Angela
26-11-17, 03:50
I can imagine that Langobards picked most of romanized locals from Panonia and Noricum to repopulate northern Italy:

Such scenario could fairly explain the PCA plot. After most of the Panonian Romans fled to Italy, Slavs from Slovakia and Ukraine repopulated the deserted land.

These Keszthely people were the Roman survivors in Panonia:

Personally, I no longer take what the ancient authors say all that literally any more. Genetics has already proved them wrong a lot of times. So often, annals in the past were just to inflate the ego of the general or leader. The same thing happened with the Ligures. If you were to believe the Roman reports, all the Apuani were either exterminated or exiled to Sabine lands. Meanwhile , there's no sign of them there, and the mountains of Liguria are full of signs that they fled there and returned later.

In regard to the Lombards, in particular, according to isotope analysis in the first paper by this group they spent only one generation in Pannonia. I don't think there was any triumphant conquest going on: these people were stressed physically, especially the children.

"The child mortality rate of 22.7% exhibited by the age group infans I (0–6 y.) appears higher than that of contemporaneous cemeteries in south-western Germany [26] (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4219681/#pone.0110793-Lohrke1), for instance, but may be a reflection of different burial customs. While the risk of contracting infection and complications generally increases at the end of the nursing period due to the introduction of solid food, many active periosteal lesions of children at Szólád point to additional chronic infectious and deficiency diseases or anaemia which led to a number of infant deaths. Because these findings primarily occur among children with Sr isotope ratios in range II, who, we assume, were born at Szólád, the increased child mortality rate is unlikely to have been caused by a mobile lifestyle. Malnourishment, however, due to the fact that the farming economy had not yet been fully established in the new place of residence, could possibly explain the phenomenon. Both the rich offerings of weaponry in some of the male burials and the recurring evidence of interpersonal violence point to the difficult political situation during the Migration Period."

It looks more like a stop to regroup and gather strength to me, although it's clear the elites had rich grave goods.

"An initial patrilocal group with narrower male but wider female Sr isotope distribution settled at Szólád, whilst the majority of subadults represented in the cemetery yielded a distinct Sr isotope signature. Owing to the virtual absence of Szólád-born adults in the cemetery, we may conclude that the settlement was abandoned after approx. one generation.

I think we're probably looking at a situation where a group of marauding males from far northern Europe picked up women along the way, creating a group with a very wide assortment of mtDna. Poor women, they weren't treated very well. They seem to have been knocked around and to have not had the same diet as the elite males.
" Sex-specific patterns point to social inequality as reflected in the men's preferred access to animal-derived foodstuffs. This is especially remarkable among the well-furnished burials, which probably represent higher social ranks. The collagen stable isotope data do not point to an extensive consumption of freshwater fish, which would have been readily available from Lake Balaton nearby. Whilst further confirmation could be obtained from sulphur isotope data [66] (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4219681/#pone.0110793-Nehlich1), [94] (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4219681/#pone.0110793-Nehlich2), this observation supports the notion that the community had not long arrived in the locality and suggests that they adhered to the sociocultural traditions that had previously been established in areas where fish was less readily available."

Once the paper is released we'll know more, as we can check whether the samples from Hungary with the "CEU" autosomal signature and the "Southern" signature are often women. If the elite males also had varied autosomal signatures we'll know whether they incorporated men from the areas through which they traveled too.

"They have yielded evidence of funerary customs and characteristics of material culture that are comparable to those in the surrounding areas and the regions around the postulated route of migration. This has raised questions and hypotheses regarding the identification and social structure of the Lombards as well as the impact of residential relocation. Despite snippets of information from written records and archaeological evidence it still remains unclear whether any migrations of larger groups took place, or whether the sources were biased by military interests and thus possibly exaggerated the role played by mass movement.:"

"The biological evidence suggests that the residents of Szólád were not a close reproductive community. This is in agreement with the notion of a partnership of convenience that resembled Germanic tribe formations with people of different cultural backgrounds maintaining regular contact with other contemporary gentes. Influence from several different European regions is supported archaeologically by the grave constructions that included ledge graves and graves with straight walls, some of which were surrounded by rectangular or circular ditches. The stylistic analysis of the grave goods, such as brooches and weaponry, revealed parallels to south-western and central Germany, Moravia and the middle Danube as well as to Italy. The latter also indicates the possible presence of members of the Roman population of Pannonia, who had settled the area prior to the Lombard period. "

That reminds me...The use of the word "Romanized" for this Hungarian group gives the impression that they are local people who were just Romanized as to culture. However, take a look at where some of the "Szolad" samples land in Italy. Some of them are very far south. Either this was a refuge area for people who were still largely EEF, or there was a lot of Roman colonization around there.

davef
26-11-17, 07:28
We do have the modern equivalent of those ancient authors you no longer trust; they're the anthro-forum t-rolls and nationalistic blogging nutcases (eurogenes, anyone?).

bicicleur
26-11-17, 10:56
We do have the modern equivalent of those ancient authors you no longer trust; they're the anthro-forum t-rolls and nationalistic blogging nutcases (eurogenes, anyone?).

why only them? they are just a few marginals
we have the climate lobby
we have political correctness

there is fake news and self-declared experts everywhere, also in accepted mainstream and also in traditional media

bicicleur
26-11-17, 11:03
Could this be helpful:

it there some historical connection between these guys and Noricum?

srdceleva
26-11-17, 11:54
No, it means Slovakia. That's a sample which somehow was labeled Slovakian in the original Novembre study, I think, but clearly is not. It's been wrong ever since. Novembre would have to be the one to correct the PCA by removing it. Just ignore it. They're just using it to plot the ancient samples on a broadly European dataset.

Do you have any idea what's going on with those samples?

If this was a thread about Levantine samples found in Southern Italy there would be 100 posts by now! :)The Slovakian sample was from a slovak Jewish guy. It was corrected later by the authors. Real slovaks placed a bit nore north east than czechs

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Wonomyro
26-11-17, 13:54
it there some historical connection between these guys and Noricum? Yes, they were two neigbouring Roman provinces:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Roman_provinces_of_Illyricum%2C_Macedonia%2C_Dacia %2C_Moesia%2C_Pannonia_and_Thracia.jpg

This too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hallstatt_LaTene.png

Wonomyro
26-11-17, 14:05
That reminds me...The use of the word "Romanized" for this Hungarian group gives the impression that they are local people who were just Romanized as to culture. However, take a look at where some of the "Szolad" samples land in Italy. Some of them are very far south. Either this was a refuge area for people who were still largely EEF, or there was a lot of Roman colonization around there.

They seem to represent Roman Empire average. The question is were there also any indigenous Panonians or Dalmatians among them.

If yes, which of the circles could belong to them or be the closest match?

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9459

davef
26-11-17, 15:58
why only them? they are just a few marginals
we have the climate lobby
we have political correctness

there is fake news and self-declared experts everywhere, also in accepted mainstream and also in traditional media

Why only them? I wasn't saying they're the only equivalents. It was just a joke post not to be taken seriously and I wanted to choose a group relevant to anthro forums.

Angela
26-11-17, 18:06
They seem to represent Roman Empire average. The question is were there also any indigenous Panonians or Dalmatians among them.

If yes, which of the circles could belong to them or be the closest match?

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9459

I don't think there was any "Roman average". We have "gladiator" or "soldier" samples from the Roman era in Britain, and they're pretty similar to modern day Brits and Dutch, Belgian, and northern French people. The one "outlier" is clearly from either the Levant or Arabia.

In some areas you do have Roman colonies of veterans, so you would get some admixture, but after a hundred years the signature would start to wash out because of intermarriage with the much larger surrounding population. Anyway, there don't seem to be very many in Pannonia, at least not in the second century, so that part of my speculation upthread is probably wrong.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Romancoloniae.jpg

I think it's far more likely that these "Italian" plotting people are the "native" people of the area. This was densely populated EEF territory. There wasn't the large effect from the Indo-European migrations that we see further north in Europe. Remember the results in Mathiesen et al, where even in the Iron Age the "steppe" component in most of the samples was about 10%, and some of the samples also looked quite "Tuscan" like. Let's not forget that the GAC had many of the hall marks of an Indo-European culture, but they were just MN European farmers genetically. Language change apparently took more, but 10-20% seems to have been enough.

The closest ancient population to modern Italians is often the Hungarian Bronze Age, which also isn't very "steppe". Actually, a lot of this is starting to fall into place for me.

As for the "CEU" type samples, I'm not sure why the authors are surprised. The area had experienced its own "Celtic" migrations, similar to what had happened in Northern Italy and all the way down to Rome. I would think there might be "Celtic" settlements, as there was a "Lombard" one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannonia

Sile
26-11-17, 18:29
2014 paper....link below is the full paper
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0110793
from Pannonia to Italy
http://real.mtak.hu/37597/1/The_Lombards_move_to_into_Italy_Posan_La.pdf

about Gepids
The Gepids (Latin: Gepidae, Gipedae) were an East Germanic tribe. They were closely related to, or a subdivision of, the Goths.

Sile
26-11-17, 18:37
roman empire based prior to 400AD , before Lombard, Gepid or Avar invasion.
Diocese ( provinces ) split by ethnic race by Roman standards....................note that the Dacians escaped from their homeland in Romania to seek refuge south of the Danube river.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocese_of_Pannonia#/media/File:Illyricum_%26_Dacia_-_AD_400.png

bicicleur
26-11-17, 19:49
I don't think there was any "Roman average". We have "gladiator" or "soldier" samples from the Roman era in Britain, and they're pretty similar to modern day Brits and Dutch, Belgian, and northern French people. The one "outlier" is clearly from either the Levant or Arabia.
In some areas you do have Roman colonies of veterans, so you would get some admixture, but after a hundred years the signature would start to wash out because of intermarriage with the much larger surrounding population. Anyway, there don't seem to be very many in Pannonia, at least not in the second century, so that part of my speculation upthread is probably wrong.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Romancoloniae.jpg
I think it's far more likely that these "Italian" plotting people are the "native" people of the area. This was densely populated EEF territory. There wasn't the large effect from the Indo-European migrations that we see further north in Europe. Remember the results in Mathiesen et al, where even in the Iron Age the "steppe" component in most of the samples was about 10%, and some of the samples also looked quite "Tuscan" like. Let's not forget that the GAC had many of the hall marks of an Indo-European culture, but they were just MN European farmers genetically. Language change apparently took more, but 10-20% seems to have been enough.
The closest ancient population to modern Italians is often the Hungarian Bronze Age, which also isn't very "steppe". Actually, a lot of this is starting to fall into place for me.
As for the "CEU" type samples, I'm not sure why the authors are surprised. The area had experienced its own "Celtic" migrations, similar to what had happened in Northern Italy and all the way down to Rome. I would think there might be "Celtic" settlements, as there was a "Lombard" one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannonia
you shouldn't overestimate these colonies

e.g. the Roman impact in Belgium was limited to the fertile loess plateaus, just south of the road between Cologne and Calais
and yes, probably populated mainly by veterans, the Romans themselves didn't like so much coming to these areas

I see many blanc spaces on the map

Ygorcs
26-11-17, 19:56
Inoffensive newbie question: before the Romanization of Pannonia, do we really know the ethnic composition of those lands? Were they overwhelmingly Celtic, or perhaps Balto-Slavic tribes were already present on the margins? Did Illyrians settle as north as present-day Hungary or did they basically "stop" at the highlands of Croatia and Slovenia?

Angela
26-11-17, 20:02
you shouldn't overestimate these colonies

e.g. the Roman impact in Belgium was limited to the fertile loess plateaus, just south of the road between Cologne and Calais
and yes, probably populated mainly by veterans, the Romans themselves didn't like so much coming to these areas

I see many blanc spaces on the map

That's what I said, Bicicleur. Residents of "Italia" at that time didn't migrate to those areas. It was colonies of veterans who had been granted land at the end of their long years of service. These weren't big folk migrations, and at the end of a hundred or two hundred years those people would have admixed and blended, although leaving behind perhaps some uniparental dna.

Angela
26-11-17, 21:41
Inoffensive newbie question: before the Romanization of Pannonia, do we really know the ethnic composition of those lands? Were they overwhelmingly Celtic, or perhaps Balto-Slavic tribes were already present on the margins? Did Illyrians settle as north as present-day Hungary or did they basically "stop" at the highlands of Croatia and Slovenia?

The only thing we can go by are ancient samples and we need more of them.

However, we know, for example, that this was EEF central during the Neolithic.

We know what Early Neolithic Hungary looked like...they were more southeastern than the Sardinians
See:Gamba et al

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xPGV13M4lSM/VEaknJoP-jI/AAAAAAAAJ0I/XmX-S48tr2A/s1600/ncomms6257-f2.jpg

Then it was a Linear Pottery area...

Look at the yDna...
http://s2.postimg.org/zebg23dw9/Y_DNA_8_do_5_kya.png"
Mesolithic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesolithic) sites are rare, but start to appear after systematic surveys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeological_field_survey), especially in the Jászság (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A1szs%C3%A1g) area (Latin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin)Jazygia) in northern Hungary (Jászberény I (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=J%C3%A1szber%C3%A9ny_I&action=edit&redlink=1)). Neolithic settlement begins with the Criş Körös culture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star%C4%8Devo_culture), carbon-dated to around 6200 BC. The Middle Neolithic sees the Western Linear Pottery (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Pottery_Culture) culture in Transdanubia and Satu-Mare (Szatmar) and Eastern Linear pottery (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Eastern_Linear_pottery&action=edit&redlink=1) (called "Alföld Linear Pottery" in Hungary) in the East, developing into Želiezovce (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeliezovce) (Slovakia) and Szakálhát (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Szak%C3%A1lh%C3%A1t&action=edit&redlink=1) and Bükk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%BCkk), respectively. The Late Neolithic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic) Tisza culture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisza_culture) is followed by the Eneolithic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalcolithic) Tiszapolgár (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiszapolg%C3%A1r) and Bodrogkeresztúr (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodrogkereszt%C3%BAr) cultures.We can then move on to Baden, which is Chalcolithic or Copper Age. Gimbutas was sure that they were an Indo-European group, as Anthony was sure Remedello was Indo-European. However, although there was some steppe influence in Baden, they were still mostly Late Neolithic farmer, which across Europe averaged out at about 75% AN and 25% WHG.

Take a look at the Haak PCA below. Click and it will expand a lot. The modern populations on which the samples land are also labelled.

The Neolithic samples from Hungary are labeled Gamba EN. They plot with Sardinians, who are the "Mediterranean" cluster in a lot of calculators. Baden is labeled Gamba CA or Copper Age. It's still just west of modern day Sardinians. You can see the Bronze Age samples are somewhat French like. Again, these are eilte samples. Only in Gamba IA or Iron Age do we get a really "Northern" sample. I doubt that this was the autosomal signature of the majority of the locals.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f-kkQdPqKmE/VN2QquPvw8I/AAAAAAAAC5A/6NFEE9Edboo/s1600/HaakPCA.png

Go to this link to enlarge it even more.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f-kkQdPqKmE/VN2QquPvw8I/AAAAAAAAC5A/6NFEE9Edboo/s1600/HaakPCA.png

I think that in the past people assumed that if a group spoke an Indo-European language then they were some sort of "pure" Indo European. We know now that's not the case.

I'd have to go back and read the paper carefully to get the date of that Iron Age sample. At any rate, in the Balkans the Iron Age sample was even less "steppe" than the Bronze Age samples. In the last few centuries of the first millennium BC, which is also Iron Age, you have the Celts moving in, as happened in Italy.

Later on in history, of course, you have the Magyars, who seem to have left little genetic trace but did change the language, and then lots of movement from Germanic peoples to the west.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hungary_before_the_Hungarian_Conquest

This is from the Mycenaean paper. Look at how far "south" some of the Europe Late Neolithic/Bronze Age people plot.

Also, go take a look at page ten of the Mathiesen paper. The "ethnic" breakdown of the samples can be found there. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/05/09/135616.full.pdfhttp://i.imgur.com/H0lwXeD.png

Wonomyro
26-11-17, 22:29
This could be helpful too. Dalmatian Bronze age women from Jazinka Cave plots in the middle of present day Bulgarian cluster:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303044230_Preliminary_results_of_a_prehistoric_hum an_ancient_DNA_time_series_from_coastal_and_hinter land_Croatia

Jovialis
27-11-17, 02:51

https://i.imgur.com/cJJeWZI.png

https://i.imgur.com/kFZtvb1.png

https://i.imgur.com/bNj82Cc.png

https://i.imgur.com/FFubFj4.png

https://i.imgur.com/q2UrK0L.png

https://i.imgur.com/mMR1hE1.png

https://i.imgur.com/uGBjLGp.png

Angela
27-11-17, 21:47
^^Thanks Jovialis, I appreciate it.

When the paper is published I may find out this is all wrong, but it looks to me based on the admixture analysis in that poster that the Lombards brought a lot of Northwestern and Tuscan looking people (in terms of genotype) with them to Italy.

I have no idea why they would have used only 1000 genomes for comparisons. For goodness' sakes, why didn't they compare to ancient samples?

Pax Augusta
28-11-17, 04:03
^^Thanks Jovialis, I appreciate it.

When the paper is published I may find out this is all wrong, but it looks to me based on the admixture analysis in that poster that the Lombards brought a lot of Northwestern and Tuscan looking people (in terms of genotype) with them to Italy.

I have no idea why they would have used only 1000 genomes for comparisons. For goodness' sakes, why didn't they compare to ancient samples?

They use only 1000 genomes for comparisons because it's cheap and has no cost. But 1000 genomes also have a limited number of populations.

Unfortunately most of the studies are very low budget.

alexfritz
17-12-17, 05:31
the nomadic tribes of the migration-era all have their own structure and dynamic with the longobards being unique in possessing a certain class with arms-bearing[warrior] and land-owning rights with the 'arimanni' as truly reflected in the tombs of szolad/collegno yet an important feature of szolad/collegno is also that both NEA/SEA (germanic-lombards/roman-provincials) did intermix with each other as by family-f[collegno] and family-c[szolad] and other burials; paulus diaconus mentioned noricans and pannonians as part of the trek and indeed amorim et al per sr-isotope determines all of the same trek 'migrate together' and in an upcoming/published paper on the alamanni burial of niederstotzingen a further feature is revealed in that roman-provincials (PCA akin to amorim et al pannonians/noricans and modern south-europeans) in alamanni society even possessed the right to bear arms as revealed by 'reihengrab' grave-3 [2/3 SEA 1/3 NEA one a native[raetian] and the other a non native per sr-isotope];

Lukas
18-12-17, 03:05
They use only 1000 genomes for comparisons because it's cheap and has no cost. But 1000 genomes also have a limited number of populations.

Unfortunately most of the studies are very low budget.
I have on my disk many free public datasets with ancients. It's not the explanation. They have some agenda rather, why they use only 1000 genomes data.

Zanatis
18-12-17, 05:35
I have no idea, really, since all I know is what's on the poster to which I linked, and I can't even make out some of the graphs. I doubt there were any Tuscans in Pannonia, though, so I have a feeling perhaps it's that people pretty similar to modern Tuscans were still living in Pannonia all the way into the post Roman era? Perhaps it's like the fact that Globular Amphora people were pretty close to modern Tuscans, or Spain Chalcolithic? This may be a problem having to do with only using 1000 genomes populations. That's how they wound up with CEU people in Italy too.
Sorry for bringing this up only now, but I don't think it's strange the fact that Pannonians were similar to Tuscans since they were mostly Illyrians after all.

Having said that, aren't Albanians similar to Tuscans?

I know some will be rightfully suspicious/cautious of such a connection due to the distance between Albania and Pannonia, but to anticipate that I'd like to add that the Northernmost Albanian settlements (modern Serbia) aren't that far from Pannonia, in addition to the fact that they were continuously pushed further South during the centuries.

I don't think it's that far-fetched as an explanation.

Angela
18-12-17, 06:12
Sorry for bringing this up only now, but I don't think it's strange the fact that Pannonians were similar to Tuscans since they were mostly Illyrians after all.

Having said that, aren't Albanians similar to Tuscans?

I know some will be rightfully suspicious/cautious of such a connection due to the distance between Albania and Pannonia, but to anticipate that I'd like to add that the Northernmost Albanian settlements (modern Serbia) aren't that far from Pannonia, in addition to the fact that they were continuously pushed further South during the centuries.

I don't think it's that far-fetched as an explanation.

On PCAs, Albanians plot like "eastern shifted" Tuscans. Perhaps we have two very EEF like populations, but one was a bit impacted by northeastern populations at later periods, and one more by northwestern populations. Of course, that's a very big simplification.

If there are no Albanian samples in a calculator, some Albanians get Tuscans as the first population, but of course at a much longer genetic distance than Tuscans would get.

I just think it's interesting how way into the Iron Age we have a quite "Tuscan like" Thracian, and now, perhaps, some "Tuscan like" people in Pannonia. I think some people expected populations in Europe to be pretty homogeneous by the Iron Age, and certainly by the Migration Period, but it doesn't seem the case.

So a lot of commentary to the effect, for example, that Central European genetics was pretty much set by the Bronze Age would actually be incorrect.

Ygorcs
18-12-17, 06:34
In my opinion, the hypothesis that Albanians are actually descendants of an offshoot of Daco-Thracians from around present-day Serbia is quite likely (in the sense of "worhy of further research and discussion"). If Albanians are connected with Dacians, then there is also a high possibility that Albanian-like tribes existed in eastern Pannonia near the Carpathians, where Dacians existed historically and possibly also descended to the lower hillfoots.

Zanatis
18-12-17, 08:55
On PCAs, Albanians plot like "eastern shifted" Tuscans. Perhaps we have two very EEF like populations, but one was a bit impacted by northeastern populations at later periods, and one more by northwestern populations. Of course, that's a very big simplification.

If there are no Albanian samples in a calculator, some Albanians get Tuscans as the first population, but of course at a much longer genetic distance than Tuscans would get.

I just think it's interesting how way into the Iron Age we have a quite "Tuscan like" Thracian, and now, perhaps, some "Tuscan like" people in Pannonia. I think some people expected populations in Europe to be pretty homogeneous by the Iron Age, and certainly by the Migration Period, but it doesn't seem the case.

So a lot of commentary to the effect, for example, that Central European genetics was pretty much set by the Bronze Age would actually be incorrect.
Well, it makes sense.

Could it be that the later Celtic admixture made the Pannonians more Tuscan-like than Albanians? After all, both Pannonia and Po Valley experienced the Celtic expansion/migration so we could have had the case of 2 very similar populations influenced by the same wave, producing again a similar result in the end.

But as always, waiting is the answer.

In my opinion, the hypothesis that Albanians are actually descendants of an offshoot of Daco-Thracians from around present-day Serbia is quite likely (in the sense of "worhy of further research and discussion"). If Albanians are connected with Dacians, then there is also a high possibility that Albanian-like tribes existed in eastern Pannonia near the Carpathians, where Dacians existed historically and possibly also descended to the lower hillfoots.
Don't go there bro. The wolves are waiting at the door. Then Albanians will get defensive and involved, followed by a series of infractions and a closed thread.

Pax Augusta
18-12-17, 09:26
I have on my disk many free public datasets with ancients. It's not the explanation. They have some agenda rather, why they use only 1000 genomes data.

This can be true for any study though, peer-reviewed or not peer-reviewed.

Jovialis
18-12-17, 16:28
Just because it's free to the public, doesn't mean you can use it for "commercial purposes", i.e. publishing it to an academic journal, receive compensation. You would probably have to procure the use of it first.

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/public-domain/welcome/
The term “public domain” refers to creative materials that are not protected by intellectual property laws such as copyright, trademark, or patent laws. The public owns these works, not an individual author or artist. Anyone can use a public domain work without obtaining permission, but no one can ever own it.

An important wrinkle to understand about public domain material is that, while each work belongs to the public, collections of public domain works may be protected by copyright. If, for example, someone has collected public domain images in a book or on a website, the collection as a whole may be protectable even though individual images are not. You are free to copy and use individual images but copying and distributing the complete collection may infringe what is known as the “collective works” copyright. Collections of public domain material will be protected if the person who created it has used creativity in the choices and organization of the public domain material. This usually involves some unique selection process, for example, a poetry scholar compiling a book—The Greatest Poems of e.e. cummings.

Lukas
18-12-17, 18:10
Just because it's free to the public, doesn't mean you can use it for "commercial purposes", i.e. publishing it to an academic journal, receive compensation. You would probably have to procure the use of it first.

I'm not sure if they earn something from publication. Those days usually YOU must pay to the journal for acceptation of paper, for example 500 $, and there are poor-quality journals from India or Africa.

Jovialis
18-12-17, 18:26
I'm not sure if they earn something from publication. Those days usually YOU must pay to the journal for acceptation of paper, for example 500 $, and there are poor-quality journals from India or Africa.
The fact remains that someone is making a profit from it.

Kiltie
01-07-19, 18:22
Do we have haplogroups for Lombard DNA? I have a family line (terminal SNP) which is downstream of R-Z43 and Z56. Two samples are UK and five are all Italian surnames and four are in Italy.

torzio
01-07-19, 20:00
Do we have haplogroups for Lombard DNA? I have a family line (terminal SNP) which is downstream of R-Z43 and Z56. Two samples are UK and five are all Italian surnames and four are in Italy.

give us the 4 italian surnames and we will see

italouruguayan
01-07-19, 20:31

From what I see, you share a line with other Italians. On the other hand, in group U106 L 44 of the R1b U106 Project I am with British and Germans, and in Yfull I am with a Czech; There are no Italians. But in Anthrogenica I met a man from Bergamo, who has occasionally participated in Eupedia (Sirto), which is also L44. And my family, although it's from Veneto, has a distant origin in the valleys of Bergamo ...

Das
10-01-20, 20:46
How do u comment my result ?

i am lebanese 100% origin

Eurogenes K13 ANCIENT

Distance to:
Das

Sidon_BA_ERS1790730

caananite_ERS1790733_caananite_ERS1790733

Sidon_BA_ERS1790733

Sidon_BA_ERS1790731

IA_Ardea_R850

CL30_collegno_italy_longobard

CL38_collegno_italy_longobard

i1632_areni_merged

CL25_collegno_italy_longobard

I1665_IRAN_CHL_I1665

Chalcolithic_Age_Anatolian_Barcinhoyuk._Turkey_394 3_BC

CrusaderSI53KingdomofJerusalem

i1674_iranchl

SZ31_szolad_hungary_longobard

LevantBA_M291439

SZ40_szolad_hungary_longobard

I3808_morisco_I3808_morisco

ArmeniaCA_I1631_Armenia_425004050_BC

i1662_iranchl

IA_Prenestina_Selicata_R437

copt315_copt315

I3808_iberia

I8215_2iberia

I8215_3iberia

I1658_ArmeniaEBA

Angela
10-01-20, 22:58
How do u comment my result ?

i am lebanese 100% origin

Eurogenes K13 ANCIENT

Distance to:
Das

Sidon_BA_ERS1790730

caananite_ERS1790733_caananite_ERS1790733

Sidon_BA_ERS1790733

Sidon_BA_ERS1790731

IA_Ardea_R850

CL30_collegno_italy_longobard

CL38_collegno_italy_longobard

i1632_areni_merged

CL25_collegno_italy_longobard

I1665_IRAN_CHL_I1665

Chalcolithic_Age_Anatolian_Barcinhoyuk._Turkey_394 3_BC

CrusaderSI53KingdomofJerusalem

i1674_iranchl

SZ31_szolad_hungary_longobard

LevantBA_M291439

SZ40_szolad_hungary_longobard

I3808_morisco_I3808_morisco

ArmeniaCA_I1631_Armenia_425004050_BC

i1662_iranchl

IA_Prenestina_Selicata_R437

copt315_copt315

I3808_iberia

I8215_2iberia

I8215_3iberia

I1658_ArmeniaEBA

Then why are you flying the Italian flag???

Please post a screenshot of all your results, from the beginning, not just from 11 on...

Not that these can't be altered, as anyone working with them can attest.

I don't see any of these "Lebanese" hits in my husband's results, and three quarters of his ancestry is from far southern Calabria, and one quarter from Napoli, hardly a "Nordic" area, and his next closest hit after Calabria is Sicily, so I am suspicious already.

I'm telling you now, my tolerance for t-rolls from other sites is ZERO. Chiaro???

MOESAN
16-01-20, 15:24

We can suppose that the most of the future European mix elements were already present there at BA but the complete mixing was not achieved and even if some central regions can appear as an eden for total allover crossings, we have to take in account that at those times all tribes did not completely mix with others (even if elites did more) even it hese central regions, and that some new moves occurred from peripheric regions where mixes were very weaker: so the crossings took place since long enough ago, but they progressed slowly in a lot of regions of Europe: curiously or not, the mixture of Y-haplo's and of auDNA seem having found more difficulties in contrasted landscapes of West and Central Europe than later in Steppes: socio-cultural habits + geography?
ATW even in the today world of communications, European pops are all of them of similar mixes, but still of different percentages, spite of the time passed since BA or before.

Das
11-10-20, 00:05
Then why are you flying the Italian flag???

Please post a screenshot of all your results, from the beginning, not just from 11 on...

Not that these can't be altered, as anyone working with them can attest.

I don't see any of these "Lebanese" hits in my husband's results, and three quarters of his ancestry is from far southern Calabria, and one quarter from Napoli, hardly a "Nordic" area, and his next closest hit after Calabria is Sicily, so I am suspicious already.

I'm telling you now, my tolerance for t-rolls from other sites is ZERO. Chiaro???

ma chi sei scusa , chi ti conosce ? , Meglio che ti dai una calmata ..

for your husband , naturally as he is from south italy , he is genetically closer to Africa and not to the middle east

regarding the flag , it must be the: Your country of residence (displays a flag in your posts)

Eurogenes K13 original spredsheet

Distance to:
DAS

Lebanese_Muslim

Kurdish_Jewish

Lebanese_Druze

Iranian_Jewish

Lebanese_Christian

Syrian

Assyrian

Samaritan

Jordanian

Palestinian

Cyprian

Georgian_Jewish

Armenian

Bedouin

Turkish

Tunisian_Jewish

Libyan_Jewish

Azeri

Sephardic_Jewish

Kurdish

Iranian

Italian_Jewish

Algerian_Jewish

Egyptian

South_Italian

Ashkenazi

East_Sicilian

Central_Greek

Yemenite_Jewish

Saudi

Italian_Abruzzo

West_Sicilian

Turkmen

Tunisian

Greek_Thessaly

Kumyk

Georgian

Algerian

Abhkasian

Adygei

Mozabite_Berber

Moroccan

Tuscan

Balkar

Ossetian

Kabardin

North_Ossetian

Lezgin

Chechen

Bulgarian

Nogay

Afghan_Tadjik

Tabassaran

Romanian

Tadjik

North_Italian

Afghan_Turkmen

Serbian

Afghan_Pashtun

Makrani

Uzbeki

Aghan_Hazara

Spanish_Extremadura

Uygur

Moldavian

Portuguese

Hazara

Spanish_Andalucia

Spanish_Murcia

Spanish_Galicia

Brahui

Spanish_Valencia

Balochi

Sardinian

Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon

K13 ANCIENT

CL30_longobard_north_italy

col003_col003_

CL38_longobard_north_italy

i1632_areni_merged_

CL25_longobard_north_italy

col002_col002_F_H_

CLEAR OUTPUTMAX OUTPUT NUMBER: ADD GRADIENT - YESGRADIENT FROM: GRADIENT TO:
RUN ALLDAS

Distance to:
DAS

R68_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R76_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MA2210_Anatolia_EBA.SG_4700_ybp

65_Lebanon_Canaanite_MBA.SG_3650_ybp

R42_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R38_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R1547_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R70_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R1550_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

54_Lebanon_Canaanite_MBA.SG_3770_ybp

R67_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Canaanite_ERS1790730_

Sidon_BA_ERS1790730_

MA2205_Anatolia_MLBA.SG_3800_ybp

R71_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MA2213_Anatolia_EBA.SG_4700_ybp

R130_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R126_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

R1551_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MA2206_Anatolia_MLBA.SG_3800_ybp

I2683_Anatolia_EBA_4494_ybp

MA2200_Anatolia_MLBA.SG_3800_ybp

Canaanite_ERS1790733_

Sidon_733_Lebanon_

caananite_ERS1790733_caananite_ERS1790733_

Canaanite_

Sidon_BA_ERS1790733_

46_Lebanon_Canaanite_MBA.SG_3750_ybp

R41_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

75_Lebanon_Canaanite_MBA.SG_3750_ybp

R78_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I2062_Israel_MLBA_3197_ybp

63_Lebanon_Canaanite_MBA.SG_3650_ybp

R75_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R66_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R72_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R123_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

I2499_Anatolia_EBA_4604_ybp

R43_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Sidon_BA_ERS1790731_

Sidon_731_Lebanon_

R73_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R115_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R134_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R128_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

R34_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

R81_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MA2212_Anatolia_EBA.SG_4700_ybp

Canaanite_ERS1790729_

Sidon_BA_ERS1790729_

R1543_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I2495_Anatolia_EBA_4377_ybp

R1545_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MA2203_Anatolia_MLBA.SG_3800_ybp

I1584_Anatolia_C_5776_ybp

R1548_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R44_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R40_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R39_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R50_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Canaanite_ERS1790732_

Sidon_BA_ERS1790732_

R850_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Iron_Age

R133_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

col003_col003_

i1632_areni_merged_

col002_col002_F_H_

I1407_Armenia_C_5875_ybp

3DT26_England_Roman_MiddleEast.SG_1750_ybp

I1632_Armenia_C_6065_ybp

R30_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

R69_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

col006_col006_

Ker1_Russia_Crimea_Pantikapaion.SG_1622_ybp

R1544_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R114_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R137_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

I1955_Iran_Ganj_Dareh_H_493_ybp

R45_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I1665_IRAN_CHL_

R51_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Chalcolithic_Age_Anatolian_Barcinhoyuk_Turkey_3943 _BC

R65_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R53_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R54_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R58_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R436_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R49_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Ovaören_Topakhöyük_AnatoliaEBA_MA2212_Turkey_27 0002000_BC

R56_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R35_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

I1634_Armenia_C_6145_ybp

R136_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

I1705_Jordan_EBA_4032_ybp

I1730_Jordan_EBA_4344_ybp

F38_Iran_IA.SG_2852_ybp

R47_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Eurogenes K13 updated

Distance to:
DAS

Iraqi_Jew

Lebanese_Muslim

Nusayri

Kurdish_Jewish

Lebanese_Druze

Lebanese_Christian

Mandean

Assyrian_West

Assyrian_South

Syrian

Assyrian_North

Samaritan

Mountain_Jew_Chechnya

Jordanian

Palestinian

Cyprian

Greek_Cypriot

Iraqi_Baghdad

Greek_Cappadocian

Georgian_Jewish

Armenian_West

Turk_Cypriot

Armenian

Greek_Trabzon

Greek_Caucasus

Turkmen_Iraq

Bedouin

Armenian_East

Turk_South_East

Turkish_mixed

Tunisian_Jewish

Turk_Central_East

Libyan_Jewish

Turk_East

Greek_Dodecanese

Turk_Turkey_average

Greek_Chios

Greek_Symi_Island

Turk_Central_West

Turk_East_Black_Sea

Kurd_Sorani

Azeri

Kurd_Kurmanji_Turkey

Sephardic_Jewish

Turk_Central_Black_Sea

Turk_Anatolia

Turk_South

Zaza

Azerbaijani_Turkey

Azerbaijani_Iran

Kurd_Iran

Greek_Crete

Lor_Iran

Kurdish

Iranian

Italian_Jewish

Greek_North_Aegean

Algerian_Jewish

IT_Calabria

Talysh

Egyptian

IT_Calabria_ultra

IT_Calabria_citra

Laz

Malta

Ashkenazi

Moroccan_Jew

Turk_North_West

Turk_Meskhetian

IT_Campania

Palermo Trapani
11-10-20, 17:25
Das: I am American of Italian ancestry (South) whose ancestors are all from Sicily, with some ancestors around 1800 BC in Calabria. Naturally, I am going to be closer to the Ancient Roman samples than You. Naturally since your ancestors are from Lebanon, as you state. In addition, my K13 ancient distances for the ancient Lebanon samples range from 28 to 33. So again, naturally I am closer to the ancient Italian and also Greek samples than you are, naturally. In addition, the 4 ancient North African samples Tarofalt and Keb, the distances are 49 to 53 for the 3 ancient North African Tarofalt and about 30 for the KEB4 from Neolithic North Africa, which btw has significant EEF type ancestry. So in summary, naturally, I am like all of the other Italians here from the South closer to the ancient Roman samples than you are.

Distance to:
PalermoTrapani

SZ40_Hungary_Langobard_1442_ybp

R52_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R131_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R973_Lazio_Rome_Renaissance_Italy

R1290_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R107_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R59_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

R35_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R117_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R437b_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Republic

R58_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R122_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R56_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R835_Marche_Roman_Imperial

R65_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

STR300b_Germany_Early_Medieval.SG_1430_ybp

R49_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R47_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R54_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R64_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R113_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R136_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R121_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R118_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R1283_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R969_Lazio_Rome_Renaissance_Italy

R51_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R53_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R1544_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

col018_col018_M_R1b0Z2123_T2b_

R111_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R836_Marche_Roman_Imperial

R60_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

I5769_Bulgaria_IA_2600_ybp

R30_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

R32_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

R970_Lazio_Rome_Renaissance_Italy

R436_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R120_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

scy300_SG_Moldova_Scythian_SG

CL121_longobard_north_italy

R1549_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R57_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

I9041_Greece_Mycenaean_3250_ybp

R114_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I9033_Mycenaean_1352_bc_M_

I8215_3iberia_

I3808_morisco

I8215_2iberia_

R36_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R45_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R133_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

SZ19_Hungary_Langobard_1463_ybp

col006_col006_

col003_col003_

Crusader_SI53_Kingdom_of_Jerusalem_

R50_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R125_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

R850_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Iron_Age

R137_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

R34_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

R134_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

col002_col002_F_H_

R40_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

SZ31_Longobard_M_T1a1a_PF5620_U4c2a_60th_century

I7499_Muslim_Iberian_1000_1100_CE_

scy192_SG_Moldova_Scythian_SG

R1285_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

I8215_iberia_

R44_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R1548_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

SZ37_Hungary_Langobard_1447_ybp

I7424_morisco_

R81_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

SZ36_Hungary_Langobard.SG_1442_ybp

SZ32_Hungary_Langobard_1442_ybp

R1287_Lazio_Rome_Medieval_Italy

R1543_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R123_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

DA198_Hungary_Scythian_550_BC_

R69_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R73_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R80_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R39_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MJ12_Thraco_Kimmerian_

R115_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I3575_Andalusia_Visigoth_

I9010_Mycenaean_1351_bc_

I9006_Greece_Mycenaean_3287_ybp

I8146_Muslim_Iberian(Emirate_of_Granada)2_

scy197_SG_Moldova_Scythian_SG

R475b_Civitavecchia_Etruscan._Iron_Age

SZ43_Hungary_Langobard.SG_1431_ybp

SZ1.SG_longobard_hungary

R1545_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

SZ1_Hungary_BA.SG_3950_ybp

I7457_iberia_

R1_Abruzzo_Teramo_Late_Bronze_Age_Italy

R43_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

MA2203_Anatolia_MLBA.SG_3800_ybp

Ker1_Russia_Crimea_Pantikapaion.SG_1622_ybp

I9005_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp

Chalcolithic_Age_Anatolian_Barcinhoyuk_Turkey_3943 _BC

R41_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

R72_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I2176_Bulgaria_EBA_published_5132_ybp

I3499_Croatia_Starcevo_EN_o_4725_ybp

CL36_longobard_north_italy

Crusader_SI41_Kingdom_of_Jerusalem_

I7041_Hungary_BA_brother.I7043_4300_ybp

I7425_morisco_

R55_Lazio_Rome_Late_Medieval_Italy

R75_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

Bul6_Bulgaria_Beli_Breyag_EBA_4450_ybp

R130_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

I0679_Bulgaria_Krepost_N_7622_ybp

I2520_Bulgaria_EBA_5132_ybp

Ovaören_Topakhöyük_AnatoliaEBA_MA2212_Turkey_27 0002000_BC

R132_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I3807_morisco_

I3582_Andalusia_Visigoth_

I1979_Italy_Bell_Beaker_4015_ybp

NW54_Germany_Early_Medieval.SG_1491_ybp

I1584_Anatolia_C_5776_ybp

I12647_iberia_

R33_Lazio_Rome_Early_Medieval_Italy

I2175_Bulgaria_EBA_5122_ybp

I3920_Greece_Peloponnese_N_5770_ybp

R66_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I1295_Bulgaria_MP_N_7752_ybp

I4331_Croatia_MBA_3526_ybp

CL31_longobard_north_italy

R126_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

STR535_Germany_Early_Medieval.SG_1491_ybp

I3581_Andalusia_Visigoth_

Tep002_Tepecik_Ciftlik_level_5_c_6500_BCE_8500_BP_

Tepecik002_Tepecik002_

I2431_Bulgaria_Middle_C_6615_ybp

I4131_Hungary_Bell_Beaker_EBA_4289_ybp

I7043_Hungary_BA_4000_ybp

I4332_Croatia_MBA_3516_ybp

I2499_Anatolia_EBA_4604_ybp

STR310_Germany_Early_Medieval.SG_1430_ybp

I2430_Bulgaria_Late_C_6448_ybp

I0071_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp

I12515_iberia_

I12644_Muslim_Iberian_1100_1300_CE_

R105_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

I0070_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp

I2364_Hungary_Bell_Beaker_EBA_4215_ybp

CL23_longobard_north_italy

SZ28_Hungary_Langobard_1442_ybp

MA2213_Anatolia_EBA.SG_4700_ybp

merge_ANI159_ANI181_Bulgaria_Varna_EN2_6571_ybp

I7498_Muslim_Iberian_1000_1100_CE_E1b1b1a1b1a_H3a1 _

col001_col001_

I2519_Bulgaria_C_6242_ybp

I3313_Croatia_Early_IA_2733_ybp

I7045_Hungary_Bell_Beaker_4250_ybp

I4088_Romania_C_6154_ybp

R78_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I2424_Bulgaria_Late_C_6304_ybp

I2495_Anatolia_EBA_4377_ybp

RISE483_Hungary_Vatya.SG_3700_ybp

I4089_Romania_C_5653_ybp

I1498_Hungary_MN.SG_7124_ybp

RISE374_Hungary_Maros.SG_3693_ybp

Bar31_Anatolia_Early_Neolithic_

MA2212_Anatolia_EBA.SG_4700_ybp

R474b_Civitavecchia_Etruscan._Iron_Age

I2788_Hungary_Protoboleraz_LCA_5730_ybp

I2425_Bulgaria_Late_C_6515_ybp

I2029_Germany_LBK_EN_7126_ybp

col004_col004_

France_IA_ERS88

I2683_Anatolia_EBA_4494_ybp

I4124_Germany_Bell_Beaker_4284_ybp

I1499_Hungary_Bu_kk_MN_7060_ybp

I1895_Hungary_Vinca_MN_7151_ybp

Boncuklu002

I12516_iberia_

I2110_Ukraine_Trypillian_5735_ybp

R1015_Lazio_Rome_Iron_Age_Villanovan

I1632_Armenia_C_6065_ybp

Tep003_Anatolia_N_Tepecik_Ciftlik.SG_8505_ybp

I2743_Hungary_ALPc_Szakalhat_MN_7050_ybp

I2789_Hungary_Protoboleraz_LCA_5650_ybp

R128_Lazio_Frosinone_Roman_Imperial

I12514_iberia_

R70_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I5119_Hungary_LCA_5100_ybp

R473_Civitavecchia_Etruscan._Iron_Age

I5524_Germany_Bell_Beaker_4250_ybp

I4188_Hungary_ALPc_I_MN_7050_ybp

I1906_Hungary_Lengyel_LN_6600_ybp

GreekNeolithicRevenia_Revenia_6438–6264

Rev5_Revenia_northern_Greece_Neolithic_

R76_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I0022_Germany_LBK_EN_7125_ybp

I0449_Hungary_Tisza_LN_6700_ybp

I1891_Hungary_Sopot_LN_6969_ybp

R1016_Lazio_Rome_Iron_Age_Latini

I0074_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp

N27_Poland_BKG.SG_6250_ybp

I7044_Hungary_Bell_Beaker_4300_ybp

I7040_Hungary_BA_4300_ybp

I2427_Bulgaria_Late_C_6340_ybp

I1506_NE1_HungaryEN_

R71_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I7042_Hungary_BA_6050_ybp

R1021_Lazio_Frosinone_Iron_Age_Latini

I12649_low_quality_

R110_Lazio_Rome_Italy_Late_Antiquity

gun008_Canary_Islands_Guanche_mummy.SG_1015_ybp

I2509_Bulgaria_C_6353_ybp

gun005_Canary_Islands_Guanche_mummy.SG_994_ybp

I1903_Hungary_Lengyel_LN_son.I10619.son.I10624.hal fbro.I10620.halfbro.I10621_6600_ybp

I2785_Hungary_Baden_LCA_5175_ybp

I2355_Hungary_ALBK_Szakalhat_MN_7050_ybp

I2379_Hungary_ALPc_Tiszadob_MN_7011_ybp

i1632_areni_merged_

E09538_Germany_Germany_Bell_Beaker_Augsburg_4288_y bp

I3537_Hungary_ALPc_Szatmar_MN_7371_ybp

I2529_Bulgaria_N_published_7601_ybp

I2358_Hungary_Tisza_LN_6700_ybp

R1550_Lazio_Rome_Roman_Imperial

I5759_Switzerland_Bell_Beaker_4178_ybp

Bon002_Anatolia_N_Boncuklu.SG_10078_ybp

N25_Poland_BKG.SG_6250_ybp