Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
The study found:

Microwaves emit 7.7 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent per year in the EU. This is equivalent to the annual emissions of 6.8 million cars.

Microwaves across the EU consume an estimated 9.4 terawatt hours (TWh) of electricity every year. This is equivalent to the annual electricity generated by three large gas power plants.

Efforts to reduce consumption should focus on improving consumer awareness and behaviour to use appliances more efficiently

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-01-microwaves-bad-environment-cars.html#jCp

Cook your meals with a conventional oven; the environment depends on it.

Cook your meals with a conventional oven; the environment depends on it.

I never use it for anything but to defrost or reheat, but maybe I shouldn't use it at all. It's not even that great for re-heating. The food gets cold again very quickly.

Much better to just use a toaster oven.

Sigh....thanks for the article but i begin to wonder how many things I'm doing wrong and how much I'm harming myself

I saw people freaking out at a running Microwave Oven located at waist level believing that will lower sperm count and damage those organs, because some of the heat waves would leak out of the poorly shielded microwave oven.
[emoji30][emoji2]

ps Microwaves are everywhere in Space, left over of the Big Bang.
( I must it seen it on “Ancien Aliens”) [emoji4] [emoji89]

Last edited:
I saw people freaking out at a running Microwave Oven located at waist level believing that will lower sperm count and damage those organs, because some of the heat waves would leak out of the poorly shielded microwave oven.
[emoji30][emoji2]

ps Microwaves are everywhere in Space, left over of the Big Bang.
( I must it seen it on “Ancien Aliens”) [emoji4] [emoji89]
I miss Hot Pockets, loved those as a kid, especially the pizza and ham and cheese ones, only issue is that they could never heat up evenly. Some sections were hot enough to burn my tongue off (I wasn't particularly fond of getting hot cheddar burning through my tongue) whereas others were still perfectly frozen.

I miss Hot Pockets, loved those as a kid, especially the pizza and ham and cheese ones, only issue is that they could never heat up evenly. Some sections were hot enough to burn my tongue off (I wasn't particularly fond of getting hot cheddar burning through my tongue) whereas others were still perfectly frozen.
After microwavingI the Hot Pockets, or most bread base food, I often throw it in the toaster oven for 4 or 5 minutes at around 280 or 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Crispy in the outside, and softer inside. [emoji846]

This thread has been viewed 4104 times.

Back