Moshe Dayan

non-foras-ire

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1-m253
mtDNA haplogroup
H1n
Moshe Dayan, israeli military leader with an eyepatch, belongs to R1a.

I wish i could post a link here or a photo, but the source can be found from Geni master profile for him.

geni.com/people/משה-דיין/5424460608490068899

Sent from my NEM-L21 using Tapatalk

Although born in Palestine, his parents were Ukrainian Jews - Ashkenazi.

Last edited:
Although born in Palestine, his parents were Ukrainian Jews - Ashkenazi.

all our leaders are r1a lol :)
benjamin nethaniahu is also r1a ;)

The likelihood is, as Eastara pointed out, that it has nothing to do with any y line picked up in Europe.

"Approximately 300,000 men around the globe self-identify as Ashkenazi Levites, of whom two thirds were previously shown to descend from a single male. The paucity of whole Y-chromosome sequences precluded conclusive identification of this ancestor’s age, geographic origin and migration patterns. Here, we report the variation of 486 Y-chromosomes within the Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi Levite R1a clade, other Ashkenazi Jewish paternal lineages, as well as non-Levite Jewish and non-Jewish R1a samples. Cumulatively, the emerging profile is of a Middle Eastern ancestor, self-affiliating as Levite, and carrying the highly resolved R1a-Y2619 lineage, which was likely a minor haplogroup among the Hebrews. A star-like phylogeny, coalescing similarly to other Ashkenazi paternal lineages, ~1,743 ybp, suggests it to be one of the Ashkenazi paternal founders; to have expanded as part of the overall Ashkenazi demographic expansion, without special relation to the Levite affiliation; and to have subsequently spread to non-Ashkenazi Levites."

I wonder if either or both are Levites.

all our leaders are r1a lol :)
benjamin nethaniahu is also r1a ;)

The Gatekeepers of the Kaaba in Mecca are also R1a ... a conspiracy to take over the world :LOL:

They claim direct patrilineal descent from father to son documenting all 109 gatekeepers since Muhammad. People here are accusing them of being medieval South Asian frauds, who knows ?

Yes, the gatekeepers of the Kaaba were proven to be from the Indian subbranch of R1a - Z93/L657. I think they must be here:
https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y2594/

It is common also on the Arabian peninsular, but which way was the migration, I can't say.

This thread has been viewed 7825 times.

Back