I'm new and need expert opinion :)

Rändajad

Reaction score
Hi there!

I did the myheritage test and got following results:
almost 60% Balkan, than 17 % Greek, 10% Italian, 7,% Baltic, 6% Finnland.

My mother got almost 85% Balkan and the remaining is Eastern European.

The first question is: is it possible that my Baltic/ Finnish results are the one showing in my mothers Eastern European? I do not know my father, as far as I know he is from the Balkan with some ancestry in the russian region - or is it more likely that this is the reason my results show the Baltic/ Finn?

I also uploaded my data to ftdna- similiar results but one surprise:
11 % British- but no Baltic/ Finnland! Does somebody know how to interpret this?

Thank you,
Rändajad

Hi there!

I did the myheritage test and got following results:
almost 60% Balkan, than 17 % Greek, 10% Italian, 7,% Baltic, 6% Finnland.

My mother got almost 85% Balkan and the remaining is Eastern European.

The first question is: is it possible that my Baltic/ Finnish results are the one showing in my mothers Eastern European? I do not know my father, as far as I know he is from the Balkan with some ancestry in the russian region - or is it more likely that this is the reason my results show the Baltic/ Finn?

I also uploaded my data to ftdna- similiar results but one surprise:
11 % British- but no Baltic/ Finnland! Does somebody know how to interpret this?

Thank you,
Rändajad

No experts here

But , MyHeritage contacted me yesterday for other matters and I asked them how old does their admixture testing go back to........reply was 8 generations ( IMO 8 x 31 = about 250 years )

Thank you for your answer.
I hoped that maybe someone else had the same problem and could help me analyze this better..

This thread has been viewed 2442 times.

Back