please classify him

avarex

Reaction score
where could he pass? presumed origin? taxonomy?

o2GN8Ur.png

K-jDlRjs_400x400.jpg

Indian/South Asian

I eliminate northern Europe, East Asia, and all of Africa.

His pigmentation doesn't make him South Asian, and if he was north Indian or Pakistani he would have a very different nose.

Not Arabian.

what remains is the core parts of the Near East and and southern Europe, but there is something East Asian in him ...

1- he is Turkish. or
2- somewhere in Latin America.

The girl in the second picture can fit anywhere in the Near East or Mediterranean Europe, she reminds me of one of my cousins.

Last edited:
Is he mixed, avarex?

He's actually a Greek from the Dodecanese island group, 3/4's Karpathian, with a paternal link to Rhodes. I'm particularly interested in this island cluster, particularly the two aforementioned islands as they produce some bizzare and disparate phenotypes. The boy in the picture is not mixed (for all he knows as his family speaks and identifies as Karpathian Greek), but is never presumed to originate from Greece when superficially analyzed. How do you think he ended up with such a ethnically ambiguous look?

I don't have a clue.

btw, I saw your profile pic, is that you? You look very much like a friend I had in high school, he was also Czech.

Avarex, just in case you missed my posted, I was just curious if that was you in the picture on your profile. I'm interested to know, because you look almost exactly like this person I knew from high school.

Sorry Jovialis, the picture was found online. I didnt have a good picture of myself at the time, and I thought he looked like an average person from my country. I believe he is a low tier athlete of some sort, will try to find his information.

Sorry Jovialis, the picture was found online. I didnt have a good picture of myself at the time, and I thought he looked like an average person from my country. I believe he is a low tier athlete of some sort, will try to find his information.

I see. But I must say, that's rather peculiar to use some random low-tier athlete as a profile picture. While it's not technically against the rules, I hope your intention was not to deceive people into thinking that was you. But I also find it peculiar that I had to ask you twice before you addressed it...

Oh

I'll post a picture myself now then. This wasn't intended to be permanent, I was under the impression that a picture was needed to validate the account. As i created the account from my phone, I didn't have a picture of myself saved.

I see it as from Spanish-speaking America. The lips are very thick, the face very long and the nostrils somewhat wide, in no way could it seem of the European Mediterranean. The eyes are very wide apart, perhaps he has an ancestor from northern Europe. I see Asian American features, and some European nordic, maybe also Arab and Jewish.

He doesn't look Greek at all, although the girl does. I would also say New World Hispanic mix of some sort. There are a lot of people who look like that.

Pictures should not be used for guessing games unless one is sure of 100% of the ancestry, especially if the image is discordant with the appearance of most people of that ancestry.

We don't want to be accused of harboring t-rolls, in this case against Greeks.

He doesn't look Greek at all, although the girl does. I would also say New World Hispanic mix of some sort. There are a lot of people who look like that.

Pictures should not be used for guessing games unless one is sure of 100% of the ancestry, especially if the image is discordant with the appearance of most people of that ancestry.

We don't want to be accused of harboring t-rolls, in this case against Greeks.

Indeed, he does not look Greek. If he's even truly a Greek, since the validity of his actual identity is dubious.

I am in a relationship with a Karpathian girl from the village he derives from.
Believe it or not, the boy in the photo's look is not an outlier on his island. It is however discordant with the look of other Greeks, particularly mainlanders. What I'm trying to deduce is what could cause this. The girl in the photo is indeed his biological sister by the way.

greek-island-karpathos-woman-with-traditional-dress-in-the-mountain-BB42J5.jpg

Traditional-Greek-Island-of-Karpathos-LifeBeyondBorders.jpg

3a9043685a8914cc152c7cfe278557f8--karpathos-greece-islands.jpg

olympos-karpathos.jpg

women-wearing-traditional-costumes-at-vroukounta-village-karpathos-D1MY26.jpg

amd-karpathos-woman-jpg.jpg

bf36a858c84bc9e03369fdddae7113e4.jpg

These are the pictures as they came up, in order, none excluded, if you go to Bing and type in people of Karpathos.

To my eye, the only one that looks a bit like him is the girl on the left in the fourth photo.

Those are mainly Karpathians from Olymbos, the cultural tourist site of the island said to be a cultural time capsule of the past due to its relative inaccessibility as it is treachoursly buried in the northern mountains of the island. This village has undergone touristic changes in the 20th century, and it's fidelity to the past has been distorted; garb especially.
-
The village in question is named Spoa, not Olymbos. If pictures are needed to validate his origin, I can post them.

Those are mainly Karpathians from Olymbos, the cultural tourist site of the island said to be a cultural time capsule of the past due to its relative inaccessibility as it is treachoursly buried in the northern mountains of the island. This village has undergone touristic changes in the 20th century, and it's fidelity to the past has been distorted; garb especially.
-
The village in question is named Spoa, not Olymbos. If pictures are needed to validate his origin, I can post them.

No need. I just think it's going a bit far to say his is a common look on that island. The people who come up just look like Southern Europeans, and more specifically like Greeks to me, with the exception of perhaps the last girl, which he does not, imo.

On the other hand, occurrences of unusual looks for an area are not limited to the Greek Islands, so it's perfectly possible. We have some positively Cro-Magnon looking types in my own area who look totally out of place in terms of bone structure.

This thread has been viewed 20229 times.

Back