Redmayne

Reaction score
Ethnic group
English, Irish and German
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1c
mtDNA haplogroup
W
I was a bit shocked to discover that forum reg. Sile was banned. Or at least it says under his name. Is this for real or a joke? :startled:

So why, and what did Sile get banned for? :petrified:

One of your compatriots (not Virginia, though) systematically abuses power.

Last edited:
Sile helped me multiple time. I’ve learn a lot about my Y haplogroup and the tribes through his writing.
He’s been Kind to me, and is a Great Guy.
Sile is the reason I joined Eupedia, because He had the Answers to my Questions.
What a shame.
Bring him Back. Please.

Sile was banned for accumulation of infraction points. The ban is not yet permanent, but soon will be if he doesn't stop his bad habits. His last infraction was given because he refused to comply with a reasonable request from a moderator, and then used insulting language. I didn't give it, but I was about to.

His prior infraction points were likewise given for insulting not only moderators but also numerous other members, who complained many times to moderators.

Many members have also complained about his habit of posting opinions that are totally bizarre, and when asked for proof of the assertions he usually ignores the request, which gives not only the complaining members but the moderators the impression he's making it up.

In addition, he may have some knowledge of the mechanics of his yDna, but he is completely clueless about everything else. For goodness' sakes, it took two forums (this one and anthrogenica), multiple members, and dozens and dozens of posts to finally convince him that a language and a script are not the same, and that Gauls and Celts are basically the same people. It's one thing to be uninformed, and another to insist on something out of some combination of lack of reasoning ability and stubbornness.

Forgive me if I'm not overwhelmed by his intelligence.

Now, these two posts could be construed as resisting moderation, which is, in itself, grounds for an infraction.

Don't question Jovialis' judgment again.

Leave it to Sile after getting banned for not following the rules to up vote posts in his favor by using his "son's" account, under which he used to post for years, before using the Sile account. Following the rules is not his forte.

^^Indeed,

So it's clear to everyone, I was the one that had issued Sile the infraction that had gotten him banned. As Angela said, it was an accumulation of infraction points. Sile had not only refused to comply with a moderator, he was very disrespectful. When people break the rules they are issued infractions. We do not outright ban people.

For goodness' sakes, it took two forums (this one and anthrogenica), multiple members, and dozens and dozens of posts to finally convince him that a language and a script are not the same, and that Gauls and Celts are basically the same people. .

Ok now i know why people had a go at him, like really even i know that and im a eupedia-noob here compared to most people here.

Ok now i know why people had a go at him, like really even i know that and im a eupedia-noob here compared to most people here.

The problem is that he gets insulting when you question his often ridiculous assertions. Multiple members have complained, which is why he got so many infractions.

We can only give infractions for that kind of behavior. We can't "ban" anyone outright.

If people get infraction after infraction for insulting other members they have no one to blame but themselves.

Now, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 4805 times.

Back