PDA

View Full Version : London advice

gprelovski
06-03-18, 20:36
Hello!

I'm going to visit London in July with my family. Can you advise some special places to visit?

Thanks!

michaelmanson
06-03-18, 20:43
Hi! I've just registered specially for you!Cmon gprelovski, there are a lot of portals for your needs, really...You can google 100 places in London. It's annoying...For example, I suggest looking on visitlondon.com or search on the tripadvisor forums for recommendations about what to do. The active leisure you can find using London’s escape rooms (https://www.nowescape.com/london-uk-escape-rooms) platform, it’s really useful.Good luck!

ThirdTerm
07-03-18, 00:31
London Eye: Huge observation wheel giving passengers a privileged bird's-eye view of the city's landmarks.

Buckingham Palace: Home of the British Queen & State Rooms

British Museum: Huge showcase for global antiquities, including Egyptian mummies and ancient Greek sculptures.

Hyde Park: Huge green space, home to Diana Memorial Fountain, with boating and swimming in the Serpentine lake.

Trafalgar Square: Nelson's Column, fountains & lions

St Paul's Cathedral: Iconic cathedral's churchyard & garden

Shakespeare's Globe: Oak-and-thatch replica of original Elizabethan theatre, showing Shakespeare plays in the open air.

Churchill War Rooms: Secret underground headquarters where Prime Minister Winston Churchill lived and worked during WWII.

I especially recommend Shakespeare's Globe, where Othello, Hamlet, As You Like It and The Winter's Tale are scheduled to be performed in the summer theatre season.

Salento
07-03-18, 16:38
Covent Garden: Shopping, Food and Entertainment.
221B Baker Street, the Room of Sherlock Holmes shared with Dr Watson (Fictional Characters). The World 's most famous address.
Kew Gardens: Royal Botanic Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

AdeoF
07-03-18, 20:42
It really depends on your budget and how much time you got bow however what they all said at top is fine

paul333
10-03-18, 01:23
Don,t forget to visit the tower of london if you have the time.

PalmerDor
26-09-19, 14:10
What are some of the places to visit in London that don't break the bank by the way? It's going to be 5 of us so we have to be careful with spending.