Is winter ever going to end?

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Outside of every window and door it's a winter wonderland, but it's enough already! Four nor'easters in three weeks now. Is winter ever going to end?

R4zUpSf.jpg
[/IMG]

NbR7ZuA.jpg
[/IMG]

N7XZy3u.jpg
[/IMG]

This winter has been particularly horrible here too. Almost no sun at all from mid-November to late January, then one of the coldest February ever recorded (even if sunny), and now the dreary clouds are back and it's still cold (snowing two days ago) even though we are now officially in Spring. Makes me wonder if the Gulf Stream is starting to change its course due to global warming and the melting of the Arctic ice.

This winter has been particularly horrible here too. Almost no sun at all from mid-November to late January, then one of the coldest February ever recorded (even if sunny), and now the dreary clouds are back and it's still cold (snowing two days ago) even though we are now officially in Spring. Makes me wonder if the Gulf Stream is starting to change its course due to global warming and the melting of the Arctic ice.

It's definitely one for the record books: the snowiest March here for 100 years.

I'm grateful not to be in a real snow belt: this is upstate New York...over 100 feet of snow in some areas.

snowfall-lorraine-volunteer-fire-dept1-ht-mem-171227_4x3_992.jpg

Redfield02112007-2.jpg

i think you made a typo there Angela, you probably meant 100 inches or 100 inches/12 inches= 8 to 9 feet :). Can't imagine 100 feet of snow and you live relatively close to me lol

Oops! It was indeed a typo. 100 INCHES!

That's not my area, though; we have a sort of micro-climate here.

I was talking about the snow belts of upstate New York, nothing close to me now. It goes way above 100 inches in some areas.

Redfield, New York has hit 307 inches for the year: they average 288. :) The March 3rd storm alone dumped 30 inches on some places in New York state.

You haven't really experienced snow until you live in the Mohawk Valley and along the Great Lakes in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio. When I moved to the U.S., the plowed snow was high enough around my house for me to go out my second story bedroom window and sit on the pile of snow. It was great!

I knew it was a typo, 100 feet would be apocalyptic and deadly. Entire towns would be gone and replaced by one massive quasi glacier...then the real fun begins when the temps rise and it melts....

Outside of every window and door it's a winter wonderland, but it's enough already! Four nor'easters in three weeks now. Is winter ever going to end?

I was lucky this morning, because the guy parked in front of me left before me. All I had to do is clean off the roof, and windshield, and drive forward, since there was no snow in front of me.

This is really weird. Let's just hope it doesn't become a new pattern with all this derangement of the climate... Anyway, meanwhile here in Northeastern Brazil "autumn" is just beginning, lol:
tempr.png

forx.jpg

Little ice age?

and when finish caboom?

OK

NOTICE THIS 'ODD"

9k=

Satelite photo from Greece,
can you see S Greece or Crete?
Nahhh
nasa-krhth-skonh-720x375.jpg

why?
Crete yesterday reach 34o celsius
reason a high barometer condition that come from Sahara
bringing also warm Dust

skoni-kriti-4.jpg

4411990.jpg

you understand the conditions,

On the other hand N Greece, Makedonia
Florina

stin-kriti-afrikaniki-skoni-sti-flwrina-erikse-xioni.w_l.jpg

Snow at end of March!!!!!

in my town from 17 C above at 11 o clock drop to 2 C at 13:00 o clock

in Florina from 20 C above drop -3 in less than 2 hours time,

30777088_florina_xionia3.limghandler.jpg

The weather gone mad?
little ice age theory?
global warming theory?

Probably. Here it's okay right now, still kind of cold, but normal. In fact, snow on easter isn't weird- just rare, and with the in general warmer temperatures of the last years people aren't used to it anymore. But I'm cold quickly, so I can't wait for at least sunny and 15 degrees. I'm getting tired of switching between my 4 jumpers too.

.... and it’s snowing again.
I’ve been cold since October, minus a week.
My DNA wasn’t built for this. lol
IMG_6468.jpg

Last edited:

I guess mine was: I just got back from a walk with my dog, and it was glorious :)

It's beautiful when it's clean, and I love the quality of the air, its freshness and crispness. It's enough, though, as I said in the OP.

Time for daffodils and hyacinths and tulips and pansies, and for my flowering cherry and apple trees to bloom.

Time for COLOR! :)

OLvn3Jd.png
[/IMG]

pl2000018781_card2_lg.jpg

And here in Poland it was snowing today (not much, only a little bit, but still).

Last year at the beginning of April it was already Summer-level hot outside.

We don't have winters in Arabia, its just three seasons of summer, and one of a slightly cooler summer.

Is summer ever going to end ?

Was snowing in February in London and a bit in march but April is here now so hopefully it will just rain!

We don't have winters in Arabia, its just three seasons of summer, and one of a slightly cooler summer.Is summer ever going to end ?

Lucky you.
And what you do all summer season?

I had a chance to work at Jedda SA, and Dubai UAE
But family pressure stop me,

I heard that in Arabia the summer is in the day time,
while the winter is at night time,very big differences during the 24 hours.
Is it true?
difference that reach even 30 C sometimes during the day circle?

Lucky you.
And what you do all summer season?

I had a chance to work at Jedda SA, and Dubai UAE
But family pressure stop me,

I heard that in Arabia the summer is in the daytime,
while the winter is at night time,very big differences during the 24 hours.
Is it true?
difference that reach even 30 C sometimes during the day circle?

What do I do all summer ? waiting for it to end.

It's not pleasant, too hot, it can reach 40 C sometimes, even higher.

In the central region yes, too hot in daytime, and cold at night.

There aren't many Europeans in Jeddah, my professor is Greek from Athena, but he is a rare case.

What do I do all summer ? waiting for it to end.
It's not pleasant, too hot, it can reach 40 C sometimes, even higher.
In the central region yes, too hot in daytime, and cold at night.
There aren't many Europeans in Jeddah, my professor is Greek from Athena, but he is a rare case.

No not for ever,
It was for a construction company,
sea constructions, like marines,

IMG_6468.jpg

What do you think was behind these strange weather patterns? Maybe perhaps Giorgio knows....

What do you think was behind these strange weather patterns? Maybe perhaps Giorgio knows....
I’m sure Giorgio Knows ...., I can’t say it bc the Mods will delete it. lol
They say that Giorgio is not “Mainstream Science” material. Or is it? Could it be? Who get to decide what’s Mainstream, or not. I say it’s Possible. :) -

This thread has been viewed 19719 times.

Back