When did ancient humans first "speak"

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
According to these anthropologists, three years after they developed the ability to do it 100,000 years ago.

See:
https://www.theonion.com/new-report-finds-it-took-humans-3-000-years-after-devel-1819580410

These kinds of assertions are very revealing of how anthropologists work, imo, and why I'm very skeptical of their papers. How could we possibly know that?

They're as bad as social scientists.

No wonder they're the biggest block in opposition to Reich's book.

Ignore, as given the outlet it might be "fake" news.

LOL ROTFL you got it from The Onion!!!
No offense, but you know that's a parody site right? :LOL:

Yep onion is a joke website Angela and for everyone to know

I know I can always count on you to find any of my miniscule errors and highlight them Davef.

Does it help your feelings of inferiority? Happy to oblige by not being perfect.

Oh um no, i wasn't trying to insult your intelligence or trying to satisfy feelings of inferiority. I just thought it was funny that you were tricked by that site, kind of like how someone would laugh (not out of disrespect) at someone being tricked by a fake peanut jar with the snakes popping out after opening it at a party. Not laughing at the person or judging the person's character or intellect, it's just the situation that's funny.

btw I've been fooled by that site myself

Angela, they got me once too
I started a threat about a Viking ship discouvered somewhere in the Missisippi basin ...

;)

1st word spoken by Humans: “Shut-up”. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Salento, that's a bit illogical. The "shut up" would be in response to what was spoken before it....

When did ancient humans first "speak"

Salento, that's a bit illogical. The "shut up" would be in response to what was spoken before it....

It’s a paradox. A Joke. :)

Angela, they got me once too
I started a threat about a Viking ship discouvered somewhere in the Missisippi basin ...
;)

My God, talk about a "Northwest Passage"! :)

Thanks, Bicicleur.

Very interesting thread... but i fear that is so hard to determine when the human first spome

Very interesting thread... but i fear that is so hard to determine when the human first spoke

It could be also more interesting to know if there is a first place when language first appeared

HUMANS INSIST THEY ARE NOT DUMBER THAN RICE

San Diego, Calif. (SatireWire.com) — Word that genetic researchers have discovered a cell of rice contains more genes than a human cell has caused widespread outrage as people across the globe attempt to prove that humans are easily as smart as a grain of rice.
The guy who drove into a brick wall to see if the rice would move.....lmao!!!!

ahhh
this onion!!!!

i though the other onion,
the one out of seven keys.

Yeah the onion is satirical. Some of their "news stories" are quite funny. The Mississippi ship was actually an urban legend that existed before the onion and there are people who still believe it although it has been discredited.

There's plenty of really good social science by the way.

This thread has been viewed 9939 times.

Back