Jean Manco passed away

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have just been informed that Jean Manco passed away on 25th March due to lymphatic cancer, which she had had for a number of years.

For those of you who don't know her, she was a British academic and was well known in the population genetics community for her website Ancestral Journeys (which has already been taken down unfortunately). She wrote the following books:

Ancestral Journeys: The Peopling of Europe from the First Venturers to the Vikings (which I warmly recommend)

Blood of the Celts: The New Ancestral Story (I haven't read it yet, but just ordered it)

The Origins of the Anglo-Saxons: The New Ancestral Story (which she managed to finish and will be published in October 2018)

She was an erudite, intelligent, and reasonable woman. The population genetics community is poorer for her loss.

Requiescat in pace

Wow, i was trying to search ancestral journeys to see if the recent paper of central and south asia was updated but could not found and saw that topic, she gonna miss to the anthropo community. Que son souvenir demeure.

Very sorry to hear this. I have read both her previous books, and look forward to her last.

This thread has been viewed 7800 times.

Back