south turkey 1.5%
iran 1.3%

africa
north africa 1.2%
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Is LivingDNA's ancestry composition really accurate?

According to herself this woman is half from Iran and half from Bahrain (Bahraini Baharna).

fsP7PTN.png

WFuQhcJ.png

I think I saw some full ashkenazi members in another forum get Southern European in the high 50's with maybe some extra Northern percentage. Kurds calculator gave 55-60 Southern as well. I know kingjohn isn't fully but I felt like mentioning this.

Somekne half Iran half Bahrain should not be scoring anything European, let alone 35 percent. That result is almost completely off the mark

I think I saw some full ashkenazi members in another forum get Southern European in the high 50's with maybe some extra Northern percentage. Kurds calculator gave 55-60 Southern as well. I know kingjohn isn't fully but I felt like mentioning this.

Somekne half Iran half Bahrain should not be scoring anything European, let alone 35 percent. That result is almost completely off the mark

This is a Kurd (fully Kurd according to himself).

1wHHmm9.png

They're picking up traces of very ancient correlations in her, i.e. Spanish and Italian EEF like ancestry etc.

Hope people don't go off half-baked thinking this means they have ancestry from these areas in genealogical time, or even historical time.

They're picking up traces of very ancient correlations in her, i.e. Spanish and Italian EEF like ancestry etc.

Hope people don't go off half-baked thinking this means they have ancestry from these areas in genealogical time, or even historical time.

Yes, they're picking up traces of very ancient correlations but they use modern-day names of ethnic groups, sub-ethnic groups, geographical regions... this clearly helps to create a bit of confusion.

Living DNA states that "We put your ancestry into context showing your breakdown today (going back up to 10 generations), and also the spread of your ancestors at different points in history, showing how we are all connected." This also does not help.

i believe many of the italian components are hiding in my aschenazi ancestery
as there is no aschenazi refernce here .....
and i also believe my north african 1.2% from my sefhardi heritage .......
the france 2.3% also could be from aschenaiz communities along the rhine .....
having said that east balkan and also the aegean probably from my bulgarian granny ......

Hi Kingjohn.. Have you got also your y/mtdna?

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Last edited:
Living DNA states that "We put your ancestry into context showing your breakdown today (going back up to 10 generations), and also the spread of your ancestors at different points in history, showing how we are all connected." This also does not help.

I will contact them about this sentence and ask them to remove it. The results clearly show ancient ancestry, not anything in genealogical times.

i believe many of the italian components are hiding in my aschenazi ancestery
as there is no aschenazi refernce here .....
and i also believe my north african 1.2% from my sefhardi heritage .......
the france 2.3% also could be from aschenaiz communities along the rhine .....
having said that east balkan and also the aegean probably from my bulgarian granny ......

This is what it shows when you click on Aegean: far southern Italy (Calabria, Apulia/Salento), Greece mainland, Greek islands + Crete, + most part of Albania and southern FYROM.

So not necessarily a Bulgarian source, I think.

EYwCX8d.png

I will contact them about this sentence and ask them to remove it. The results clearly show ancient ancestry, not anything in genealogical times.

That's very helpful, thanks Maciamo!

Do you know which Italian and Iberian regions the half Iranian is getting? Same question for the Kurd.

Do you know which Italian and Iberian regions the half Iranian is getting? Same question for the Kurd.

See the maps. The half Iranian a bit of anything (including Iberian regions except Basque and a very small subregion at the border with France). The Kurd anything (north, central and far southern Italian there included in the Aegean component. See post above) except southern Italian. Southern Italy seems divided into southern Italy and far southern Italy (Aegean).

In my opinion LivingDNA has a very good value-for-money and tests a very large amount of autosomal SNP's, but their autosomal ancestry report has yet to be improved, having more reference populations doesn't imply more accuracy. 20 subregions for United Kingdom and only 10 ancestral regions for the Middle East.

This is a Vietnamese with no known European ancestry scoring southern Italian. Ok, anything is possible, but that's very unlikely.

NcaiMQ8.png

South Italy and the Italian side of the Aegean Overlap in this maps :
f459adf6b52cebe314921fe02e6c240f.jpg

8b0818969d7fae10f56e4d63ff8b2fc3.jpg

Wow!! I mean I can see how a middle Eastern person would score Southern European due to having a lot Neolithic farmer ancestry but the fact that an East Asian scores south Italian blows my mind. There's like nothing in common between East Asians and Italians besides, well, being human. That's as far as it goes in my mind.

This is what it shows when you click on Aegean: far southern Italy (Calabria, Apulia/Salento), Greece mainland, Greek islands + Crete, + most part of Albania and southern FYROM.

So not necessarily a Bulgarian source, I think.

EYwCX8d.png

That's very helpful, thanks Maciamo!

i saw 2 full aschenazi results they didn't score aegean in the complete mode
they do score south italy , tuscany , and north italy .......
contrary i saw a bulgarian and romanian results and they do score aegean in ther southern european component ....
and even if i will agrre with you
do we agree the 16% east balkan from my granny nikolinka :)

Gabriele Pashaj gabriele pashaj
the answere is yes y haplogroup e-m84 { like in geno2 next }
mtdna h3ap {like in ftdna }

If the Aegean Map is Related mostly to Greek Ancestry, why is Sicily not part of it ?
“Magna Graecia”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Graecia

They have likely included only Calabria and Salento based on geographical placement of the Griko speakers.

The Greek-speaking minority in Sicily ("Greci di Messina") has been recognized only very recently (2012), it is not yet clear at all if it can be considered part of the Griko communities. At least it's not so clear to me.

Wow!! I mean I can see how a middle Eastern person would score Southern European due to having a lot Neolithic farmer ancestry but the fact that an East Asian scores south Italian blows my mind. There's like nothing in common between East Asians and Italians besides, well, being human. That's as far as it goes in my mind.

Exactly so. It is quite evident that these scores should not always be taken literally.

Thanks for Classifying me as a “Human”, I appreciate that. ( or am I ? Could it be? )
LOL lol :) :LOL:

Last edited:
the east balkan from living dna { tharcains and dacians please unite }

East Balkans description from living dna
Politics has obscured the histories and origins of the populations of the East Balkans over the years, as people have attempted to use archaeology to create boundaries between Bulgaria and Romania. However, this genetic signature spans across present day Romania, Bulgaria and parts of Moldova and Serbia. What we know is that humans inhabited the lands from around 8000 BC, sometime after the end of the Ice Age. From the New Stone Age to the Iron Age, hunter gatherers eventually transformed into farmers and metalworkers - migrations across Europe can be thanked for such technological advancements. Bulgaria is home to Europe’s oldest known prehistoric town, which was created over 1000 years before the birth of Greek civilisation.

From the Bronze Age, what came to be Bulgaria was occupied by the Thracian tribes whilst present day Romania was dominated by the Dacians. It is strongly thought that the Thracians and Dacians were closely related groups, demonstrating an ancient link between Bulgaria and Romania. The tribes were eventually absorbed and dispersed by the Roman, Greek and Persian colonisations. Despite originating in prehistory, these tribes leave a legacy in culture and tradition, such as the masked Bulgarian Kukeri. The name ‘Bulgaria’ was attributed by the Bulgars who migrated from Western Eurasia during the Great Migratory Period and formed the first Bulgarian

tharcian and dacians unite
smile.gif

Changed very much now(update):
(I purchased the kit in 2017 orion chip)
Only one question where is the east balkan?
granny:unsure:
Other than that looks logic :

Last updated February 3, 2020
Your recent ancestry results

Europe (South)
89.5%

South Italy
61.3%

Aegean
28.2%

Arabia
8%

North Africa
2.4%

p.s
i lost 12% north italy , 10% tuscany , 16% east balkan , 2% west balkan , 3.8% west europe ,15% levant
maybe all went to south italy and the aegean ......:unsure:

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 12481 times.

Back