Eochaidh

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Insular Celtic
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-M222>A725>S679
mtDNA haplogroup
H4a1a4b
The new and interesting thread about E-V13 and the "Hallstatt Celts and Italics" prompted a question in my mind which I did not wish to ask in that thread for fear of a derailment.

My family was brought into the Genetic Genealogy field by an email to our website from someone of the same surname as ours and who suggested testing with FTDNA to confirm a link. We are R1b-M222 and they are E-L117, (which I believe is a new name for E-M35 and the E-M35 group is where the FTDNA data is located), so there is no link.

Y-Full has this: E-M35>E-L539>E-M78>E-Z1919>E-L618>E-V13, so I don't know how far down towards V13 they are.

My surname is Irish and we descend from an old Irish family from county Louth, but about 1/2 of the people who contact our website or I come across in other ways descend from a Plantation (1600's) family (or families) surnamed Huey. Both lines often spell their name in a similar way now, but some Plantation descendants still use Huey. I believe that the pronunciation is similar to Christiaan Huygens the scientists from the Netherlands. The Netherlands is the origin of many of the Plantation families who arrived with William of Orange in 1689, so I think that there may be a connection to the Low Countries.

The E-L117 family has had little luck in finding anything about their origins (they only have 37 STR tests) and I would be grateful if anyone with knowledge of such a family from the Low Countries either history or DNA, could inform me.

Thanks

The new and interesting thread about E-V13 and the "Hallstatt Celts and Italics" prompted a question in my mind which I did not wish to ask in that thread for fear of a derailment.

My family was brought into the Genetic Genealogy field by an email to our website from someone of the same surname as ours and who suggested testing with FTDNA to confirm a link. We are R1b-M222 and they are E-L117, (which I believe is a new name for E-M35 and the E-M35 group is where the FTDNA data is located), so there is no link.

Y-Full has this: E-M35>E-L539>E-M78>E-Z1919>E-L618>E-V13, so I don't know how far down towards V13 they are.

My surname is Irish and we descend from an old Irish family from county Louth, but about 1/2 of the people who contact our website or I come across in other ways descend from a Plantation (1600's) family (or families) surnamed Huey. Both lines often spell their name in a similar way now, but some Plantation descendants still use Huey. I believe that the pronunciation is similar to Christiaan Huygens the scientists from the Netherlands. The Netherlands is the origin of many of the Plantation families who arrived with William of Orange in 1689, so I think that there may be a connection to the Low Countries.

The E-L117 family has had little luck in finding anything about their origins (they only have 37 STR tests) and I would be grateful if anyone with knowledge of such a family from the Low Countries either history or DNA, could inform me.

Thanks

there are many E-L117 in this ftdna project
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/northitaly?iframe=yresults

This thread has been viewed 3780 times.

Back