GGB

Reaction score
Ethnic group
IndoEuropean
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L21
mtDNA haplogroup
W3a1
In participating in National Geographic's Geno 2.0, found that mtDNA is W3a1, which is particularly rare in western Europe, where ancestry of last 200 years originated. It is difficult to follow all the surname changes on a genealogy chart up one's maternal line. I'd guess my connection may be France, There is scant information in general, and more prevalence in Pakistan and northern India then anywhere else. I saw an unsubstantiated statements in Biodiversity Forum that Isaric Hebrew Christians claim a W3a1 identity? Supposedly there is a connection of this Samaritan group to the lost tribe of Manasseh. I've only seen threads of communication, so would like to find more evidence perhaps from the Union of Isaric Samaritans on Facebook, or elsewhere. Ideas?

W3a1 has a huge spread from Ireland to Laos and many subbranches (20+), indicating that it has an ancient origin, most probably Stone Age. In the W&N2a mtDNA haplogroup project at FTDNA, we have identified many new subbranches for W3a1 kits which are full sequenced. There are at least 6 known ancient samples of W3a1 as well. Never seen any Isaric Hebrew claim though.

This thread has been viewed 4507 times.

Back