Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
Are you funny?

I don’t mean funny in the sense of having the laughter of other people at your expense accompanied by pointing, but rather I mean intentionally funny.

The question is not as straightforward as it might seem, for our conception of exactly what a “sense of humor” is can be pretty slippery.

What Is a Sense of Humor, Anyway?

Having a sense of humor might mean having the ability to entertain other people by making them laugh, but it can also mean having a quick wit that is frequently employed to skewer other people with snide comments.

Some might define the sense of humor as the ability to see humor in everyday life or as appreciating the cleverness of puns and other word play, and may think it entirely possible to possess a good sense of humor without ever having those around them become aware of it.

In any case, a sense of humor is a socially valued trait that almost all of us would prefer to have more, rather than less, of -- akin to the way that we think about intelligence or good looks. A person with an undeveloped sense of humor lacks a social skill that puts him or her at a severe disadvantage in the hurly burly of everyday social life.

As desirable as a sense of humor might be, philosophers and psychologist have long struggled to understand exactly what it is or why it even exists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...se-your-sense-humor-attract-minded-companions

I think I have more of a situational sense of humor, where I can find funny things in every day life. I've been told by my friends that I can make funny commentary to things as they happen. I guess that's where I feel most natural to execute the delivery of the joke.

I think I have more of a situational sense of humor, where I can find funny things in every day life. I've been told by my friends that I can make funny commentary to things as they happen. I guess that's where I feel most natural to execute the delivery of the joke.

I think it's so important to mental health to have the ability to see the humor in the human situation, including your own. It decompresses you, and helps you to cope.

It's also one of the most attractive human traits, imo, one that draws other people. I personally overlook a lot, maybe more than I should, if someone makes me laugh all the time. :)

Bad Hair Day !
%CF%84%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%BC%CF%80-1.jpg

Bad Hair Day !
%CF%84%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%BC%CF%80-1.jpg

I absolutely LOVE it. :grin: So much for the crap about not dying his hair. He still seems to have most of it, though, which is why his choice of hair style is so bizarre.

Another one, someone who never has a good hair day, and then I'll stop. I think he's brilliant, really admire his mind, the way he thinks and expresses himself, and I love that Southern drawl and the way he says, "Yes, ma'am" all the time, so much so that I could find him really attractive if it weren't for that haircut. The man mustn't have a shred of vanity. ALso, what were his parents thinking not to pin those ears back. :useless:

494203_treygowdy-370x297.jpg

Sometimes it's hard for me to concentrate on what he's saying because I'm giggling. :)
365_day_234_draco_malfoy_by_korikian-d47krzr.png

Lady Liberty got a Boyfriend
SSVaqlO.jpg

OMG !!!
50Y34xV.jpg

I absolutely LOVE it. :grin: So much for the crap about not dying his hair. He still seems to have most of it, though, which is why his choice of hair style is so bizarre.

Another one, someone who never has a good hair day, and then I'll stop. I think he's brilliant, really admire his mind, the way he thinks and expresses himself, and I love that Southern drawl and the way he says, "Yes, ma'am" all the time, so much so that I could find him really attractive if it weren't for that haircut. The man mustn't have a shred of vanity. ALso, what were his parents thinking not to pin those ears back. :useless:

Sometimes it's hard for me to concentrate on what he's saying because I'm giggling. :)
365_day_234_draco_malfoy_by_korikian-d47krzr.png

image.png

I think it's so important to mental health to have the ability to see the humor in the human situation, including your own. It decompresses you, and helps you to cope.

It's also one of the most attractive human traits, imo, one that draws other people. I personally overlook a lot, maybe more than I should, if someone makes me laugh all the time. :)

I think understanding and appreciating someone's sense of humor is an important aspect of the "chemistry" between two people.

I think the most fascinating difference in terms of humour is between those who use/appreciate irony, and those who don't. I find I get on a lot better with people who have a very dry sense of humour.

These kinds of people seem much more willing to laugh at themselves, or at a bad situation, compared to slapstick-loving, too-daft-to-comprehend-sarcasm pillocks.

Then again, my favourite joke is "why did the turkey cross the road - it was the chicken's day off", so what do I know about funny...

I think the most fascinating difference in terms of humour is between those who use/appreciate irony, and those who don't. I find I get on a lot better with people who have a very dry sense of humour.

These kinds of people seem much more willing to laugh at themselves, or at a bad situation, compared to slapstick-loving, too-daft-to-comprehend-sarcasm pillocks.

Then again, my favourite joke is "why did the turkey cross the road - it was the chicken's day off", so what do I know about funny...

I feel like I could like both smart comedy, as well as slap-stick comedy.

imo shows like Seinfeld had a good mix of both of it with funny situational comedy, and characters like Kramer would add in sort of the slap stick comedy. I think George was the funniest character on that show.

Oh wow I had no idea Count Chocula ran for Congress

I feel like I could like both smart comedy, as well as slap-stick comedy.

imo shows like Seinfeld had a good mix of both of it with funny situational comedy, and characters like Kramer would add in sort of the slap stick comedy. I think George was the funniest character on that show

I love slapstick myself, but I feel those who appreciate irony (or some other cerebral form of comedy) generally do like slapstick, in-your-face comedy just as well. I was talking more about those people who don't laugh at anything that isn't of the 'man getting hit by football' strain of humour

i love slapstick myself, but i feel those who appreciate irony (or some other cerebral form of comedy) generally do like slapstick, in-your-face comedy just as well. I was talking more about those people who don't laugh at anything that isn't of the 'man getting hit by football' strain of humour
Did you just say MAN GETTING HIT BY FOOTBALL??!!! oh no! You got me started!!! :grin::grin:

^^^^ WOOOOO YEAAAH THIS SCENE SHOULD FOREVER BE KNOWN BY MANKIND!!!!

Not hit by football, but still slapstick! Last video from me on this thread lol

@Davef
“Greetings from Pizza Rat”

EpyPoJ7_d.jpg

@Davef
“Greetings from Pizza Rat”

EpyPoJ7_d.jpg
lmao PIZZA RAT! I should open up a pizza restaurant call it "il pizzeria trattoria di davef" or something lol and use the pizza rat as the mascot. The main toppings are plain, pepperoni, and meatballs. Lmao!!!!! Ill be the chef. I think I can make pizza work. I think it'll be like making a giant piece of toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 47302 times.

Back