A deeper information, subclades for my J P58 haplogroup

vivna

Reaction score
Good morning,
i could discover thanks to 23andme test my haplogroup is Jp58. But JP58 is by far the most widespread subclade of J1. Therefore i would love to get deeper and know more subclades of my haplogroup. I would love to know if it is J1-FGC12, or J1-L858. Do you know any test where i could get this information?
Thanks

Hi and congratulations :) So you are Spanish? I recommend Big Y test on Family Tree DNA or a snp pack :)

J-p58

Good morning,
i could discover thanks to 23andme test my haplogroup is Jp58. But JP58 is by far the most widespread subclade of J1. Therefore i would love to get deeper and know more subclades of my haplogroup. I would love to know if it is J1-FGC12, or J1-L858. Do you know any test where i could get this information?
Thanks
hello vivana

i found out this past week from 23andme that my paternal haplogroup is j-p58. it said extremely rare. then less than 1 in 300000 has this j-p58. im lost my fathers father os from italy but his last name does not sound italian. i read its semetic and may be related to jewish priests with last name cohen. im not jewish or either my father or grandfather. could j-p58 be serphardic? thanks for any thoughts or links John

I am also J1 according to 23andMe. Based on information found in Eupedia, I contacted YSEQ.com and purchased their J1-M267 Superclade Panel for $99. It takes some time to get complete results from them, but I am very please with the results.

(I am not allowed to post a link, so just go to eupedia.com Home, click on Genetic, and then click on Which Ancestry DNA Test to Choose.)

This thread has been viewed 5825 times.

Back