Why scandinavia have q hablogroup?

XipeTotek

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Turkish,Albanian
iceland, and norway have q hablogroup(turkic, native american)

they must be oden and their asian tribes? or relationship with native americans?

word.jpg

It's unclear how Q got in Scandinavia yet. The oldest evidence of Q1a in Europe is from the Chalcolithic Khvalynsk culture in the Volga-Ural region. However it was never found among ancient Indo-European cultures and its distribution does not indicate an IE origin at all.

Scandinavians belong to two unique branches of hg Q1a. Each branch can be traced back to a single ancestor who lived about 3000 years ago. They are both distantly related to Hunnic and Mongolian Q1a, but as they are specific to Scandinavia, chances are that the two Q1a lineages were found among Mesolithic Northeast European, got assimilated by the Uralic tribes who brought it to northern Scandinavia, then about 3000 years ago some lineages became assimilated (along with N1c1) to people of the Nordic Bronze Age culture and they expanded after that with Sweden and Norway.

It's unclear how Q got in Scandinavia yet. The oldest evidence of Q1a in Europe is from the Chalcolithic Khvalynsk culture in the Volga-Ural region. However it was never found among ancient Indo-European cultures and its distribution does not indicate an IE origin at all.

Scandinavians belong to two unique branches of hg Q1a. Each branch can be traced back to a single ancestor who lived about 3000 years ago. They are both distantly related to Hunnic and Mongolian Q1a, but as they are specific to Scandinavia, chances are that the two Q1a lineages were found among Mesolithic Northeast European, got assimilated by the Uralic tribes who brought it to northern Scandinavia, then about 3000 years ago some lineages became assimilated (along with N1c1) to people of the Nordic Bronze Age culture and they expanded after that with Sweden and Norway.

I would have thought it was spread into Scandinavia by the Boat Axe people (i.e. CWC), and that the original bearers of Y DNA Q who were Steppe-ised on the actual Steppe itself would have been part of what gave the Steppe its East Asian autosomal component. I don’t think the distribution favours your idea, as it’s relatively rare in Finland, but also particularly as it seems that this Y DNA has been relatively successful recently (by that, I don’t mean within the scale of hundreds of years of course) given its paucity in ancient Y DNA from the rough region.

I think it’s more likely that it came to Scandinavia with R1a-Z284, but relatively early, and so it expanded more in regions supporting high population growth (such as the pretty good farmland territory of SW Sweden) as compared to other Y DNA carriers that arrived slightly later. That, or it’s just from a more random founder effect.

I’m extremely skeptical it has anything to do with N1c1.

What branch of Q-M242 shows up in Italy? My father's paternal line is from Abruzzo, and he is Q. I need to do further testing

What branch of Q-M242 shows up in Italy? My father's paternal line is from Abruzzo, and he is Q. I need to do further testing

You need to distinguish between Q1a and Q1b before any guessing can take place. If Q1a, assume it’s from East Germanic tribes (as is likely the case in Burgundy). If Q1b, assume the Phoenicians, or some other population which ultimately traces back to the Middle East (as this branch likely would have made its way at some point through the Iranian branch of IEs).

Given the distribution of Y DNA I1 in Italy, and the location of Abruzzo, I would hesitantly expect Q1a, from something like the Goths.

I would have thought it was spread into Scandinavia by the Boat Axe people (i.e. CWC), and that the original bearers of Y DNA Q who were Steppe-ised on the actual Steppe itself would have been part of what gave the Steppe its East Asian autosomal component. I don’t think the distribution favours your idea, as it’s relatively rare in Finland, but also particularly as it seems that this Y DNA has been relatively successful recently (by that, I don’t mean within the scale of hundreds of years of course) given its paucity in ancient Y DNA from the rough region.

I think it’s more likely that it came to Scandinavia with R1a-Z284, but relatively early, and so it expanded more in regions supporting high population growth (such as the pretty good farmland territory of SW Sweden) as compared to other Y DNA carriers that arrived slightly later. That, or it’s just from a more random founder effect.

I’m extremely skeptical it has anything to do with N1c1.

It's possible that the Scandinavian Q1a came with the CWC, but Q1a has to date never been found in any CWC sample. More importantly the Scandinavian Q1a-L527 or Q1a-L804 being only 3000 years old, if it had come with CWC their parent clades (Q1a-L940 and Q1a-M930) would have been found in other countries where Corded ware people settled. But they have never been found despite the huge extent of the CWC and its thorough replacement of previous Y-DNA lineages. If it didn't come with Uralic tribes, then it's more likely that it was a minor lineage of Mesolithic Scandinavian HG, perhaps in what is today Lappland/Samiland.

Actually another reason why Scandinavian Q1a couldn't have come with the Corded Ware is that they would have been found in southern Scandinavia (where Q1a is found today) all along since about 2800 BCE. If that was the case, Q1a would have spread with all Germanic tribes. But as I explained here, it is only found in North Germanics (i.e. Germanic tribes who were still living in Scandinavia in the 3rd century CE or later).

You need to distinguish between Q1a and Q1b before any guessing can take place. If Q1a, assume it’s from East Germanic tribes (as is likely the case in Burgundy). If Q1b, assume the Phoenicians, or some other population which ultimately traces back to the Middle East (as this branch likely would have made its way at some point through the Iranian branch of IEs).

Given the distribution of Y DNA I1 in Italy, and the location of Abruzzo, I would hesitantly expect Q1a, from something like the Goths.

The Goths were East Germanics and wouldn't have carried any Scandinavian Q1a (L527 or L804). Actually Scandinavian Q1a hasn't been found in southern Europe to my knowledge. Most of the Q in Italy is Middle Eastern Q1b and the rare Q1a samples (if any) would be Hunnic.

It's possible that the Scandinavian Q1a came with the CWC, but Q1a has to date never been found in any CWC sample. More importantly the Scandinavian Q1a-L527 or Q1a-L804 being only 3000 years old, if it had come with CWC their parent clades (Q1a-L940 and Q1a-M930) would have been found in other countries where Corded ware people settled. But they have never been found despite the huge extent of the CWC and its thorough replacement of previous Y-DNA lineages. If it didn't come with Uralic tribes, then it's more likely that it was a minor lineage of Mesolithic Scandinavian HG, perhaps in what is today Lappland/Samiland.

Actually another reason why Scandinavian Q1a couldn't have come with the Corded Ware is that they would have been found in southern Scandinavia (where Q1a is found today) all along since about 2800 BCE. If that was the case, Q1a would have spread with all Germanic tribes. But as I explained here, it is only found in North Germanics (i.e. Germanic tribes who were still living in Scandinavia in the 3rd century CE or later).

The Goths were East Germanics and wouldn't have carried any Scandinavian Q1a (L527 or L804). Actually Scandinavian Q1a hasn't been found in southern Europe to my knowledge. Most of the Q in Italy is Middle Eastern Q1b and the rare Q1a samples (if any) would be Hunnic.

Didn't East Germanics originate in Scandinavia ultimately anyway? If my understanding is incorrect, is this why couldn't they have carried the Scandinavian Q1a? Is the Q1a in Burgundy not from them? I appreciate your point about Q1a not being found among other Corded Ware settlements though, but perhaps Slavic R1a is not descended from that of the CWC, especially considering how the CWC was more NW than E Euro.

I was able to run my father's data through some free software online and it did come out as Q1b. Maciamo, on your Q article map on Eupedia, it looks like there's a population in or near Rome that are Q. Would you happen to know if the Roman samples are Jewish or another subclade?

I was able to run my father's data through some free software online and it did come out as Q1b. Maciamo, on your Q article map on Eupedia, it looks like there's a population in or near Rome that are Q. Would you happen to know if the Roman samples are Jewish or another subclade?

Oh right, not Gothic then :(

Still, I think the Burgundian Y DNA Q is from the Goths

I think that this haplogroup is altaic tribes remnant. hunnic, magyar tribes kindreds settled or attacked this region.

hunnic empire captured very large size. this empire had mixed many baltic and germanic folk.

I think that this haplogroup is altaic tribes remnant. hunnic, magyar tribes kindreds settled or attacked this region.

As I explained in my article about haplogroup Q, most of the Q1a in Europe is of Hunnic origin, and a bit of Mongolian or Turkic. But Scandinavian Q1a is unique in that it is two branches that apparently arose some 3000 years ago in Scandinavia and haven't been found in Central or Northeast Asia (yet?). There is no doubt that the Scandinavian Q1a eventually originated in Siberia or Central Asia. The question is when did it get to Scandinavia? There cannot be a definite answer without more data.

As I explained in my article about haplogroup Q, most of the Q1a in Europe is of Hunnic origin, and a bit of Mongolian or Turkic. But Scandinavian Q1a is unique in that it is two branches that apparently arose some 3000 years ago in Scandinavia and haven't been found in Central or Northeast Asia (yet?). There is no doubt that the Scandinavian Q1a eventually originated in Siberia or Central Asia. The question is when did it get to Scandinavia? There cannot be a definite answer without more data.

this haplogroup passed from finnic(uralic people)? I think that.

this haplogroup passed from finnic(uralic people)? I think that.

but finnish people dont have q hablogroup they have n hablogroup. and that iceland near of the america. i think they are native americans.

iceland native peoples are native american viking invade them later i think like that

there was remnant of hunnic empire or hunnic people migrant of scandinavia?

gokturk empires was not connection scandinavia. also ashina clan belong r1a indo european y-dna.

This thread has been viewed 13955 times.

Back