Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
I randomly searched "studniówka + city" / "bal maturalny + city" YT videos from various towns and cities.

Studniówka (or bal maturalny) is high school prom. Below I will post 12 videos from different locations:

Rumia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qXyGO91uj0

4OjyXCu.png

Last edited:
Surprisingly some of then look quite dark and could pass for Balkan, North Caucasian. Very few strikes me as German looking but most lean towards Eastern European looking as expected.

Surprisingly some of then look quite dark and could pass for Balkan, North Caucasian.

Poles often get "blondified" on various anthroforums, in reality there are lots and lots of dark Poles. I once posted a group photo of Poles that was guessed by many people as either Balkan (South Slavic) or Hungarian. But I admit that sample was darker than average.

Anyone else wants to comment? Maybe later I will start another thread with videos from other regions.

Edit:

Why is Georgewalley banned? Was he actually from Germany?

Last edited:
Videos from Rumia and Kartuzy should be showing mostly Kashubians:

Kashubians_2005.png

Poles seems to me among the most 'middle coloured hairs' in Europe; but they present a very broad specter of colours from the flaxen blond to jet black (rare this last one); when I group the light hues, flaxen whitish blond to very dark blond-very light brown, I find around 32% of light - from jet black to blackish very dark brown, i find around 16%, all that as national mean because I have too few by regions; so not very light, not very dark, rather mean with every kind of brown hair, spite light dominates dark; close to the English or Belgish means but in Poland the very light blond are more numerous, their dark blond are often greyish, and the dark golden blond are rarest than in Western Europe, fact common to Baltic, Finnish and Slavic countries - and they have few red or neatly reddish hairs (1,2% only), even less than Hungarians or Czechs, except in the mountainous regions of South (here I base myself on books) -
the North is a bit lightest, the most beteen Sczeczin and Gdansk, but it never rise to the %'s of fair hairs of Northern Germany or of the Finno-Scandinavian countries-
in France too we had the stereotype of the blond 'Polak'; maybe it's explained by the fact a lot of migrants inFrance came from northern regions of Poland, at the time the poorest, less industrialized than today? Only a supposition. Could someone answer me here?
we know that concerning emigration, the geographic origin of migrants country by country is not level with the national mean, for regional economic discrepancies (irishmen of Connaught orWest Munster, Swedes of Skane, Italians of South Italy...)

Anyone else wants to comment? Maybe later I will start another thread with videos from other regions.

Edit:

Why is Georgewalley banned? Was he actually from Germany?

Nice perspective to use students!!!

And Poland seems to be very diversified too....

I never knew the bals played such a big part in the Polish student life.

Here as a sidekick the Groningen student town culture, may be some comment from your side (I realized beer in stead of bal plays a very big part.....;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0aDLV72dY&t=42s

This thread has been viewed 15450 times.

Back