R1a-z92 Deeper Clades?

Userius

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-Z92
mtDNA haplogroup
H15a1
I took a 23andme DNA test, and I just tested for R1a-Z92. However, I used a tool linked on ISOGG to predict my subclade and it's apparently Z660, Z661 (I'd post the link, but I've only made 8 posts so far)

What countries would you guess I'm from based on this? From what I've read it's atypical where my known ancestry is from.

Baltic or East Slav. Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, maybe Eastern Poland, perhaps southwest Russia, Ukraine.

Eastern Poland

Pretty close. I'm southeast from the highlands. I still hear that it's quite a rare clade in Poland though. I wonder if I have any direct Ukrainian or Lithuanian ancestry that may have caused it.

Pretty close. I'm southeast from the highlands. I still hear that it's quite a rare clade in Poland though. I wonder if I have any direct Ukrainian or Lithuanian ancestry that may have caused it.

We might be cousins. I'm also R-Z92 per 23&me and your sidebar says you are R-Z92. (the title says R1a-Z92, but that's a different marker, iirc, R-M420 for R1a, and R-M207)

My Dad's folks came from Poland, from the area around the village of Charubin. According to the heat map from 23&me, there are still a bunch in the area around Warsaw, and slightly fewer in Podlaskie, some down south around Krakow, and others scattered about. There's at least one in North Carolina :cool-v:

This link shows some in Estonia and Russia. Well, I can't post links, but if you go to haplotree DOT info, you may find some more R-Z92 folks
Per haplogroup DOT org, R-Z92 is 4600 years old +- 1000 years. I think it would be considered pre-Russian? And not Germanic at all?

Anyone else find any more info about R-Z92?
Thanks, Joe

This thread has been viewed 4427 times.

Back