V10 in the British Isles

absentee thoughtlord

Reaction score
Just wondering who else here is V10, and to whereabouts their female line ancestry can be traced in Britain (or anywhere else for that matter!).

All I know is that my 4x g.grandmother was from North Wales, so I'd be really interested to learn if anyone is from that particular corner of the isles!

V10

Just wondering who else here is V10, and to whereabouts their female line ancestry can be traced in Britain (or anywhere else for that matter!).

All I know is that my 4x g.grandmother was from North Wales, so I'd be really interested to learn if anyone is from that particular corner of the isles!

Hi, I am also V10 and my grandmother and great grandmother were born in Scotland. I have a lot of Scandanavian in me. Haplo V is very common in Norway and the Sami also, I have discovered.

V10a seems to be more prevalent than our straightforward V10. But it would seem that we are distantly related!!

Who did you test with?

V10 here, from my mother, whose side of the family were eastenders around Hackney, Wapping and Stepney back to late 17thC, prior to that the trail goes cold.

This thread has been viewed 7143 times.

Back