Gabriele Pashaj

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2-CTS10228(slavo)
mtDNA haplogroup
H15(indo euro)
I don't want to be rude or something but I think you might have some Vlach ancestry.
Taking in consideration the fact that you are from Korca area, and the fact you score quite high Italian in this test.
I've seen many Romanians also score Italian in this test.
My distant paternal ancestor was an Aromanian who migrated from Southern Albania to modern day Rep. of Macedonia somewhere around the second half of the 18th century because of the destruction done by Ali Pasa.
I score 21 percent Italian in this test.

Can you post your Eurogenes K13 please?

I don't want to be rude or something but I think you might have some Vlach ancestry.
Taking in consideration the fact that you are from Korca area, and the fact you score quite high Italian in this test.
My distant paternal ancestor was an Aromanian who migrated from Southern Albania to modern day Rep. of Macedonia somewhere around the second half of the 18th century because of the destruction done by Ali Pasa.

He is not from Korca area. He is on the other side of South Albania. Korca is on the East near the borders with Greece, Fier is on the West, near Adriatic sea.

He is not from Korca area. He is on the other side of South Albania. Korca is on the East near the borders with Greece, Fier is on the West, near Adriatic sea.

Hi Laberia! He’s quite right because my maternal family side is from Korca ... Vithkuq! Fshatet ‘Shtylla’ dhe ‘Panarit’
My paternal side is from south-west Albania (Fier - Peshtan ).
My dad living dna raw data has been processed to My heritage too and he did not catch any Italian percentage .. bhoo

My mother family is from Korça :)
Now I’ll post what you required

My gedmatch kit number is Z172491

Hi Laberia! He’s quite right because my maternal family side is from Korca ... Vithkuq! Fshatet ‘Shtylla’ dhe ‘Panarit’
My paternal side is from south-west Albania (Fier - Peshtan ).
My dad living dna raw data has been processed to My heritage too and he did not catch any Italian percentage .. bhoo

I didn`t know this. I thought that your mother was Italian.
Shtylla and Panarit are Albanian villages.

I didn`t know this. I thought that your mother was Italian.
Shtylla and Panarit are Albanian villages.

Më bëre për të qeshur ;) po un prinderit i kam qe te dy shqiptar ... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

Këta nëpër studime gjenetike vetëm grekë, çifut dhe italian kanë.

Ti per ca merresh me ate koqen e kandarit dhe rihap tema qe vetem per sherr jane?

My heritage is crap can separate between Greek and Albanian.....and the difference is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I agree with belvins13, myheritage is useless. I looked into gedmatch k15 and you seem pretty average (typical) for an Albanian autosomally.

I agree with belvins13, myheritage is useless. I looked into gedmatch k15 and you seem pretty average (typical) for an Albanian autosomally.

In fact using Gedmatch I notice that the estimates are typically Albanian :)

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

As far as I know from my mother's side I'm from Kosovo. From my father's side I am from the south of Albania. Not having met the guy and my mother only having little info on the matter as well doesn't help a great deal.

Nevertheless...

23andme says:

European - 98.9
98.7 Balkan
0.02 Broadly Southern European
0.01 Broadly European

Western Asian & North African - 0.2
Western Asian 0.2

South Asian - 0.1
Broadly South Asian 0.1

East Asian & Native American - 0.1
Siberian 0.1

Unassigned - 0.7

MyHeritage (uploaded 23andme raw data) says:

Europe - 100
South Europe - Greek 85.6

Eastern Europe - Balkan 14.4

That having been said...
The Balkans is a mix. Any way you slice it, over the centuries we have been interacting with one another much more than history leads us to believe. Feelings of nationalistic pride are all fine and good but when ultimately we have very little that differs us from one another from a genetic standpoint, it only comes down to love for the land between the borders in which we were born. That is the very definition of nationalistic pride and has nothing to do with genetics. It's a self serving idea we've created ourselves. For that matter, not just us, but the entire world.

But, since we're so similar genetically, maybe we shouldn't be so angry at one another :)

As far as I know from my mother's side I'm from Kosovo. From my father's side I am from the south of Albania. Not having met the guy and my mother only having little info on the matter as well doesn't help a great deal.

Nevertheless...

23andme says:

European - 98.9
98.7 Balkan
0.02 Broadly Southern European
0.01 Broadly European

Western Asian & North African - 0.2
Western Asian 0.2

South Asian - 0.1
Broadly South Asian 0.1

East Asian & Native American - 0.1
Siberian 0.1

Unassigned - 0.7

MyHeritage (uploaded 23andme raw data) says:

Europe - 100
South Europe - Greek 85.6

Eastern Europe - Balkan 14.4

That having been said...
The Balkans is a mix. Any way you slice it, over the centuries we have been interacting with one another much more than history leads us to believe. Feelings of nationalistic pride are all fine and good but when ultimately we have very little that differs us from one another from a genetic standpoint, it only comes down to love for the land between the borders in which we were born. That is the very definition of nationalistic pride and has nothing to do with genetics. It's a self serving idea we've created ourselves. For that matter, not just us, but the entire world.

But, since we're so similar genetically, maybe we shouldn't be so angry at one another :)
Interesting how different autosomal tests give different percentage results this never happened with a haplogroup test I did the results were always the same, guess they need to update their dna on autosomal at some point in the future.

As for the rest of it, it's the influence of people abroad most likely things are still very segregated in Bosnia for example.

Just look at the k36 plotting map on GED match for Croats and Serbs, they are very close to on another virtually on par so to speak and look what happened there.

This thread has been viewed 9601 times.

Back