WWIII: Is it inevitable that the West and Russia will have a conflict?

Essence

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Norman/Britanno-Roman
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b
mtDNA haplogroup
V1a
I got to thinking recently. Nobody likes war obviously. But we have two superpowers: USA and Russia. Do you think they can co-exist quite peacefully; or will one of them have to take a form of action? USA along with the West vs. Russia?

I wonder where this stands with you, reader; what your thoughts are, and what you think we should be doing about it. (i.e. precautions, preparations etc.)

War between superpowers is unlikely, but not between their proxies (Israel and Syria, for instance).

For at least 200 years there have been three coalitions fighting each other. For example during WWII, USA and Russia were allies. The current international situation is very similar to that of the thirties of the twentieth century. Let's see what the final combination will be. If these two powers will decide to be allies even this time, the victim will be Germany again, or rather Europe.

Russia doesn't have money for a war. Its GDP is about 4 trillion dollars. Combine GDP of US and EU is 40 trillion. This means the ability to build tanks, airplanes and other weapons is 10 times greater for the West. Putin's Russia makes war were it can afford and benefit. Against Ukraine, Chechnya or IS. War against the West is a deranged idea sitting in heads of some crazy people!

I got to thinking recently. Nobody likes war obviously. But we have two superpowers: USA and Russia. Do you think they can co-exist quite peacefully; or will one of them have to take a form of action? USA along with the West vs. Russia?

I wonder where this stands with you, reader; what your thoughts are, and what you think we should be doing about it. (i.e. precautions, preparations etc.)

Russia is no longer considered a superpower, regardless what Russians think of themselves. In New York Times was an article About American generals that when they report in congress they hype the Russian Danger to get money, when they come out they laugh and saying that Russia is not a match even for England or France, let alone USA. China is a lot stronger and pretty close of being a superpower when you take it in account its size. Even if they lag in their weaponry they make it ap with their size

hmm

lets hope this will not happen,

cause by the stupidity of Pyatt, West lost the Crimaia for ever,
so the Russian danger, is not like G Britain or Maldives, as you understand,

As for money etc etc,
let me laugh, :LOL:
only mercaineries fight for money,, and they usually abandond battle if they find it 'bad'

and since we talk for money,

This is money,

pound-us-dollar-1028880.jpg

this is not money?

gold.si_.jpg

and this? is it money or not?

S 400
S-400%20Triumph%20AFP1

patriot

fhjnrjr.jpg

if there is going to be war in the future it wont primarily be between "superpowers" whoever falls inside this category. it will be more like a war of ideologies in the countries themselves just like its happening in the middle east. in the unlikely case that war should start european nations would probably fall apart extremely fast unless they managed to stay unaffected somehow.

Russia doesn't have money for a war. Its GDP is about 4 trillion dollars. Combine GDP of US and EU is 40 trillion. This means the ability to build tanks, airplanes and other weapons is 10 times greater for the West. Putin's Russia makes war were it can afford and benefit. Against Ukraine, Chechnya or IS. War against the West is a deranged idea sitting in heads of some crazy people!
I would completely agree. But it seems Putin is ever getting more and more greedy. So, these are scary times. And Trump often wants to make friends with him, so therefore...

Americans should be more worried about North Korea. Nothing worse than a dictator with a huge ego...

Americans should be more worried about North Korea. Nothing worse than a dictator with a huge ego...

The conflict is between Great Powers, there is a hierarchy even here. North Korea is a crazy dog like the Islamic terrorism.

This thread has been viewed 4366 times.

Back