How to lower your odds of getting a husband

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Earn more money than he does....

Sad, but true, in my experience. Feminists can blather all they want about how things should be, but this is the reality on the ground. Even having more income to spend doesn't make up for the loss of ego, and therefore, imo, desire.

See:
Gender Identity and Relative Income Within Households

https://academic.oup.com/qje/article-abstract/130/2/571/2330321

"We examine causes and consequences of relative income within households. We show that the distribution of the share of income earned by the wife exhibits a sharp drop to the right 12 , where the wife’s income exceeds the husband’s income. We argue that this pattern is best explained by gender identity norms, which induce an aversion to a situation where the wife earns more than her husband. We present evidence that this aversion also impacts marriage formation, the wife’s labor force participation, the wife’s income conditional on working, marriage satisfaction, likelihood of divorce, and the division of home production. Within marriage markets, when a randomly chosen woman becomes more likely to earn more than a randomly chosen man, marriage rates decline. In couples where the wife’s potential income is likely to exceed the husband’s, the wife is less likely to be in the labor force and earns less than her potential if she does work. In couples where the wife earns more than the husband, the wife spends more time on household chores; moreover, those couples are less satisfied with their marriage and are more likely to divorce. These patterns hold both cross-sectionally and within couples over time. "

there is a correlation in income and also other features, e.g. heigth
and yes, the man's ego plays a role here

some things are the way they are, and IMO it is better to face reality

I like Jordan Peterson, I think he makes sense. He knows what he talks about (not just about genders).

there is a correlation in income and also other features, e.g. heigth
and yes, the man's ego plays a role here

some things are the way they are, and IMO it is better to face reality

I like Jordan Peterson, I think he makes sense. He knows what he talks about (not just about genders).

Yes, I like him too.

I couldn't listen to too much of the clip because I have lost all patience with people who can't think logically or process information. That idiot woman politician, after listening to the fact that even in the most egalitarian of countries, her own, most women EMPIRICALLY choose "people" professions, and most men choose "object" professions, says, "well, it must be how we raise them".

It just makes me furious, this refusal to accept facts and to insist that what you wish were true is indeed true.

Imo, science is under attack by agenda driven people on all sides, and we'd better fight back.

Of course, there are always the exceptions. I know two couples where the woman is a high powered corporate lawyer, and the man is a house husband with a small business on the side who basically takes care of the home and children. Every other situation where I've seen it attempted it's ended in a divorce. Well, I know a few women who tap dance constantly to make it work, doing most of the "home" chores anyway, being very subservient in all other matters, but it's painful to watch.

The opposite situation is not always entirely beneficial either, at least not for the woman basically being "kept" by the man. It can lead to feelings of inferiority, insecurity, dependence on the part of the woman if she's not just a gold-digger, but it's better than the other way around. That's why one of my mother's mantras was to always have a career or a job you could do, so you weren't totally dependent on your husband, or if, God forbid he died, or was ill, or got a divorce. She was an immensely wise and practical woman. She never steered me wrong. The only area in which she couldn't change me was that I never learned to bite my tongue in arguments with my husband. :)

It just makes me furious, this refusal to accept facts and to insist that what you wish were true is indeed true.

Imo, science is under attack by agenda driven people on all sides, and we'd better fight back.
I tried that for about five years. Nowadays, I don't think it makes sense. If a flock of sheep went bleating over a cliff, should we assume it was because some deceptive demagogue misled them, or a misprint in their map confused them, or their spaceship's fusion reactor lost containment of its plasma, or, is it just because they saw a delectable patch of clover at the bottom of the cliff and forgot about gravity?

Railing against inequality and ignoring human nature is only the latest fad. Before this, it was a divinely inspired Bible and Prohibition. Before that it was Protestants vs Catholics, and before that I'm not sure I want to know, because it all smells a lot like lanolin and fresh grass to me.

Depends on the people involved. Some men are bound to feel "inferior" for not being the main breadwinner. Some women will flaunt they make more in the (modern feminist) ideal women are as good or better than men.

Not everyone. My friends are a doctor and engineer respectfully. He's the stay at home parent who does the odd consult. Myself am involved with a horse trainer which isn't always a guaranteed income. Does he begrudge? Do I begrudge? No. Relationships & marriage is a partnership if one cannot understand that they may as well stay single for life.

Sadly, i'm not sure what a carreer woman can bring to a man. Too tired for sex and company, too scared for her job for procreation. I mean men are not that much in need. I think there is total antithesis between natural realities and new social realities.

https://youtu.be/A8x73UW8Hjk?t=117

This thread has been viewed 3878 times.

Back