PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping aids

davef
20-02-19, 07:52
Is there a sleeping aid that doesn't result in side effects like Benadryl? I've used Benadryl to knock me out and I swear I slept so deeply that I've reached a new level of REM....but when I woke from my coma I was a zombie throughout the entire day. I read that Benadryl makes you groggy the day after so clearly I should seek an alternative. Does anyone recommend melatonin? People seem to like it from what I've read

ToBeOrNotToBe
20-02-19, 11:10
Benadryl taken in too high a dose can do that (if you take way too much you’ll become psychotic for example); try melatonin out before seeing a doctor given there’s 0 risk. Don’t start with anything like 10mg though, start with 1mg and work your way up to 10 if needed. Google it all yourself obviously.

Salento
20-02-19, 15:34
Is there a sleeping aid that doesn't result in side effects like Benadryl? I've used Benadryl to knock me out and I swear I slept so deeply that I've reached a new level of REM....but when I woke from my coma I was a zombie throughout the entire day. I read that Benadryl makes you groggy the day after so clearly I should seek an alternative. Does anyone recommend melatonin? People seem to like it from what I've read

STOP! Danger! Drug/Drug/Alcohol interaction BAD!
Go see your Doc!

My unProfessional Diagnosis :satisfied::
You’re not getting Tired enough!

Your Prescription:
GET TIRED Davef. No need for sleep meds.
Be more active during the day,

You’re Welcome :grin:

davef
20-02-19, 16:15
Benadryl taken in too high a dose can do that (if you take way too much you’ll become psychotic for example); try melatonin out before seeing a doctor given there’s 0 risk. Don’t start with anything like 10mg though, start with 1mg and work your way up to 10 if needed. Google it all yourself obviously.
I only took one Benadryl, but I guess my body can't process this kind of drug well. I'll give melatonin a go.

Salento, I didn't have any alcohol in my body when I took it

Carlos
21-02-19, 02:16
Cuando he necesitado melatonina, me ha ido muy bien, aunque soy un ave nocturna y atiendo a la noche en la menor oportunidad posible. Pero, sobre todo, tienes que alejarte de la pantalla por la noche, nada de internet, televisión porque mantienen el cerebro muy estimulado y activo. Muy bueno para escuchar música o grabaciones de lluvia o las olas del mar.

Silencia la mente que nos recuerda el día y mucho más. Puede encontrar muchos ejercicios mentales o visualización en unos pocos pasos en YouTube para quedarse dormido.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwn50CUWoAAadNG.jpg
You are going to sleep?
Yes, so shut up
In the kitchen there is cake

davef
21-02-19, 05:34
Bought a bottle of 1mg melatonin pills, let's see how taking one works out for me this evening

Salento
21-02-19, 05:48
Have a glass of warm milk instead, before going to bed.
Try It.

davef
21-02-19, 06:26
Have a glass of warm milk instead, before going to bed.
Try It.
Thank you, but it's a new pill, don't want to add too much on top. Just took it 20 mins ago and drifting off as I write this but it feels pretty good but I'm passing out now, works good

Salento
21-02-19, 18:57
Thank you, but it's a new pill, don't want to add too much on top. Just took it 20 mins ago and drifting off as I write this but it feels pretty good but I'm passing out now, works good
I see, you’ve finally defeated Morpheus in Battle. ( ⚡ God’s Killer ) :grin:

Don’t overdo it with that stuff, or Anubis will be next!

davef
22-02-19, 04:35
I see, you’ve finally defeated Morpheus in Battle. ( ⚡ God’s Killer ) :grin:

Don’t overdo it with that stuff, or Anubis will be next!
Lol! It didn't go well. I fell asleep faster but woke up earlier...then went back to sleep and had a night terror (yes, a night TERROR, not a night MARE)..I sensed something approaching me from behind then heard/felt scratches against my bed. I awoke with my heart racing faster than a speeding bullet

And yes, I get night terrors once every so often, it wasn't my first one

Carlos
22-02-19, 14:23
^^Hang a picture of the sacred heart of Jesus where this image is displayed does not enter evil.

Salento
22-02-19, 17:02
Get a BIG Dream Catcher :-)

The Dream Catchers originated with Asibaikaashi, who was known as the Spider Woman 🕷

http://www.nativetech.org/dreamcat/dream1.jpg

http://www.poorrichardsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-560x416.jpg

:grin:

Salento
22-02-19, 17:56
... I’ve been thinking. What? :angry: LOL
About that Indian Spider Woman:

Could it be that a Pugliese from Italy made it to America before the Vikings or Columbus?
i say ... !!! yes?

The Proof: :satisfied:
Dream Catcher vs Pizzica Tarantata!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RpQ_GB78mxU/maxresdefault.jpg