mtDNA J1c

xri34

Reaction score
What do we know about maternal haplogroup J1c? Is it from Neolithic populations of Europe or even older and with which paternal haplogroups it is associated? Where is it more frequent?

Haplogroup J1c, which is my own, was probably originally associated with clades of J2b in Anatolia and the Balkans and then later with R1b, given its frequency in Northwestern Europe.

Haplogroup J1c, which is my own, was probably originally associated with clades of J2b in Anatolia and the Balkans and then later with R1b, given its frequency in Northwestern Europe.
If it is connected with J2b and R1b then it came to Balkans during the Bronze Age. I think it exists in the area at least since Neolithic period.

Oh, no, R1b didn't pick it up until the Indo-European invasions. Originally it was with I2 and E1b, but later invasions brought the farming G2a, J2b1, and then R1b spread it into central and western Europe.

Oh, no, R1b didn't pick it up until the Indo-European invasions. Originally it was with I2 and E1b, but later invasions brought the farming G2a, J2b1, and then R1b spread it into central and western Europe.
I am J1c as well and I am from Greece. If it was with E1b and I2 can I assume that it is since neolithic period in Greece or even older?

Yes, according to the mtdna J page on this site, J1c originated in the area of Anatolia and the Balkans, so Greece is one of the places it has been the longest.

This thread has been viewed 3473 times.

Back