333ctp

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Many...
Y-DNA haplogroup
G-PF3345
mtDNA haplogroup
N1b1
Hello, I'm new to Eupedia as you can probably tell. I've always been interested in genetics and anthropology but for some reason never managed to make an account. Anyways, I recently took a test with 23andme. The test was very useful and even connected me with a few 2nd cousins. But, what I'm really wondering about now is my paternal haplogroup, assigned simply as G-PF3345. Upon doing more research the haplogroup is pretty rare. I do know there are many subgroups (eg. CTS342, U1, and L-497), but are they tested for with 23andme? I joined the G2a group on Facebook. They were very helpful, and someone recommended me the MorleyDNA predictor, which still showed negative for all three subgroups. Also, my paternal line traces back to England, which makes it that much stranger. As of now I'm holding off on a Y DNA test, as they can be expensive and student loans can be a B****. I am wondering if anyone may know the explanation for such a bizarre result? It's just weird because I can find literally no one else with a plain G-PF3345 assignment. I will be taking the Y Full test once I can afford it. But, I do want to know if this is normal, 23andme being nonspecific, a new subgroup etc.

Hello, I'm new to Eupedia as you can probably tell. I've always been interested in genetics and anthropology but for some reason never managed to make an account. Anyways, I recently took a test with 23andme. The test was very useful and even connected me with a few 2nd cousins. But, what I'm really wondering about now is my paternal haplogroup, assigned simply as G-PF3345. Upon doing more research the haplogroup is pretty rare. I do know there are many subgroups (eg. CTS342, U1, and L-497), but are they tested for with 23andme? I joined the G2a group on Facebook. They were very helpful, and someone recommended me the MorleyDNA predictor, which still showed negative for all three subgroups. Also, my paternal line traces back to England, which makes it that much stranger. As of now I'm holding off on a Y DNA test, as they can be expensive and student loans can be a B****. I am wondering if anyone may know the explanation for such a bizarre result? It's just weird because I can find literally no one else with a plain G-PF3345 assignment. I will be taking the Y Full test once I can afford it. But, I do want to know if this is normal, 23andme being nonspecific, a new subgroup etc.

What's up, what's up, what's up? This haplogroup its connected with early farmers. Its all over Europe in low percentages. Countries I know have a bit higher percentages are Greece, Italy, Turkey and countries around Caucasus. So your linage in your fathers side is long way before other Englishman came there. I am not sure if your forefathers helped in building Stonehenge. Another possibility is Romans. To know a bit better you should have e dipper DNA clade study and you will know more or less you descend from a Roman early farmer, or a genuine English early farmer. Otzy the mummy found in Italians Alps is one of your ancestors. I am not a geneticist. This forum has people who will help you understand better your haplogroup.

I can't open 23andMe Raw Data right now, to check what relevant SNPs are tested exactly, but I'll assume here that your version does test L497, U1 and CTS342. If so, you'd be negative for all these three SNPs, and it wouldn't be that astonishing, despite a really uncommon - and cool! - result, since there are other minor G-PF3345 "branches" (in fact these "clades" still corresponds to terminal SNPs so far, and are not tested by 23andMe, I'd guess), as you can notice in the ISOGG tree (see from G2a2b2a1a1d to G2a2b2a1a1i):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/111Iqo0vRt-sr8MJT7pavKQ0qoWxYSc1P7hnMRq3GijU/edit#gid=0
So, either you're positive for equivalent(s) of, say, L497 (unlikely), or you're G-Z39263, or you're positive for equivalent(s) of the other minor subclades, or you belong to a brand new one. I can't imagine a test for you other than Y Elite or BigY. Perhaps a single SNP test of Z39263 as a start, at YSEQ...
https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=21&products_id=23144

What's up, what's up, what's up? This haplogroup its connected with early farmers. Its all over Europe in low percentages. Countries I know have a bit higher percentages are Greece, Italy, Turkey and countries around Caucasus. So your linage in your fathers side is long way before other Englishman came there. I am not sure if your forefathers helped in building Stonehenge. Another possibility is Romans. To know a bit better you should have e dipper DNA clade study and you will know more or less you descend from a Roman early farmer, or a genuine English early farmer. Otzy the mummy found in Italians Alps is one of your ancestors. I am not a geneticist. This forum has people who will help you understand better your haplogroup.

Interesting. 23andme mentioned something about Otzi. I'm guessing this means G2a is pre indo European? Megalithic British and Romans both are awesome possibilities. I really do hope to take some further tests to find out more. As I find out more I will be sure to post it here.

Interesting. 23andme mentioned something about Otzi. I'm guessing this means G2a is pre indo European? Megalithic British and Romans both are awesome possibilities. I really do hope to take some further tests to find out more. As I find out more I will be sure to post it here.

Yep! The only haplogroup earlier than yours is mine. I2a2a. Haplogroup I are people coexisted with Neanderthals for a while. Then I guess the haplogroup G came second, as farmers. So, you are right it seems that on your fathers side you predate Indo-European's by around 5 thousand years. Haplogroup G is missing in Scandinavia. Probably ice was still around.

Yep! The only haplogroup earlier than yours is mine. I2a2a. Haplogroup I are people coexisted with Neanderthals for a while. Then I guess the haplogroup G came second, as farmers. So, you are right it seems that on your fathers side you predate Indo-European's by around 5 thousand years. Haplogroup G is missing in Scandinavia. Probably ice was still around.
Wow, you can trace your ancestry back to the same men who painted murals on caves! Pretty cool if you ask me! Both of us can trace our families to the neolithic, too. There is one haplogroup I may test for, G-Z39263, which is found in Norway. Like you said, it is probably less heard of due to less neolithic G2a migrations to that area. My Personal theory is it spread to Norway via some sort of Germanic people. If my DNA is positive for this haplogroup it may reveal more about its origins.

G-PF3345 is 10600 years old : https://www.yfull.com/tree/G-PF3345/ ,G-PF3345 is G-L140 subclade, most common G2a lineage in Europe : https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_G2a_Y-DNA.shtml

This thread has been viewed 7845 times.

Back