Trying to understand my mtDNA results... W1 +c195t

Norlaine

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Scottish/Irish/English
mtDNA haplogroup
W1 +C195T
Hi, I did a full sequence of my mtDNA from FTDNA. I joined the W haplogroup project on that testing platform. I understand that W1 has many subclades, which I do not seem to belong to. My extra mutations are C195T, 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A, and 522.2C. I am not finding anything about these mutations. Loads of information out there about other W1 groupings and mutations and so on. Can anyone explain this better to me, or point me towards some resources that might help? I have a screen capture of my results, but do not see a way to include an image from my hard drive.

Thanks in advance!

Wow, W is the main Indo-European maternal steppe lineage. It is the mtdna version of my y-haplogroup R1a. It is quite rare far from the steppe, as women didn't migrate as far as the men. W1c is found in the British Isles, so that could be your subclade.

Wow, W is the main Indo-European maternal steppe lineage. It is the mtdna version of my y-haplogroup R1a. It is quite rare far from the steppe, as women didn't migrate as far as the men. W1c is found in the British Isles, so that could be your subclade.

Though a rare haplogroup, W has a huge spread. I'm W3a1, and you can find that subclade from Ireland to Laos. I only have 4 exact matches on Ftdna (from Poland, Germany, Russia and Libya). I'm part of their W project too.

This thread has been viewed 2835 times.

Back