Ricki

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Anglo Saxon, Celtic
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a
mtDNA haplogroup
R
It looks as though AncestryDNA have just rolled out a new Genetic Communities update which may or may not slightly change your ethnicity estimate. My estimate hasn't changed but it has broken down some of my Scottish heritage into 3 different communities which is cool to see. Quite accurate as far as I know. Has anyone else noticed this yet? Still waiting for the English and Irish genetic communities to show up on my results but no luck as of yet. Even though it is showing ancestry from those areas, It doesn't break it down into the actual locations. It may happen in another update.

I got another community, for my Acadian great-great-grandfather Arthur Robishaw...this absolute unit sired 13 children. Most of his ancestors were born in what is now Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. But his French ancestors called it Port Royal.

I got another community, for my Acadian great-great-grandfather Arthur Robishaw...this absolute unit sired 13 children. Most of his ancestors were born in what is now Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. But his French ancestors called it Port Royal.

Ha yeah, my Grandad was one of 14 children and his dad was one of 13 children. This is on my paternal line from Scotland. I'm sure it's probably similar on some of my other lines too.

Ricki,you can glimpse at the update before its release (this info from Anthrogenica) :
When you log in your Ancestry account go to DNA -->Your DNA Results Summary. Copy the last section of the address bar (right after /Insights/
It is a long series of numbers and letters divided by dashes(your ID number)

Paste the ID number where the brackets are:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/origins/secure/tests/(enterCopiedIdHere)/ethnicity?version=4

Now copy the full address and open it in new window. You'll get the updated(unreleased yet) results with the new names(if changed,mine are) of the geographical regions .

Will look like :
[{"key":"Geogr.Region","percentage":X,"lowerConfidence":Y,"upperConfidence":Z,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":

"#f1e000"}, etc.

This thread has been viewed 11333 times.

Back