Albanian music from Kosovo

valentinavalley2

Reaction score
This is concentrating solely on Albanian music from Kosovo, Albanian music from Kosovo is said to have originated since 5-6 century BC, it is one of the oldest and very unique, the ancient Greeks are said to have considered Dardanians people interested in music. It’s not uncommon for families in Kosovo to sing together in a special event, such as weddings or other parties.

Rapsodi
Rapsodi is a special traditional music genre. Rapsodi are poetry mainly about homeland, war and famous warriors. They are always accompanied with original Kosovar instruments such as Ciftelia or Sharkia. In a special way, they are patriotic songs which are dedicated to brave warriors, continuous wars against the Turks and Serbians. Rapsodi is also known for its charismatic interpretation, for the old traditional Kosovo away from every oriental element that represents, for the clear pronunciation of the word, for its distinctive vocals, gestures, and acting in singing as well. Their topics were very real because they always tell a homeland story by singing. [3]
Here are some famous rapsodi verses:
E n’Prishtinë atje pikë s’ pari
Krisi topi o me duhi
Atje gjaku o i shqiptarit
Ra në tokë me bi përsëri...[4]

Sofrat
Sofrat represents a group of male artists and singers who sing together siting around the table. Their songs are mostly folklore with different social topics which are followed by generations. These songs are accompanied with many instruments. The musicians are also part of sofra. Sofrat, organized into traditional orders represent a precious treasure of cultural heritage in Kosovo. Lots of traditional artists have become famous from their interpretations in Sofra. Depending from the rhythm, sofra songs can be accompanied with various traditional dances. Most popular sofras are Sofra Pejane,Sofra Gjakovare etc.[5] Nowadays, sofra continues to be very popular and present at almost every wedding. It happens to be organized also as a part of cultural program in some cities.[6]

Wedding songs
These songs are characteristic for weddings. They are separated in two parts. The first part are songs for the bride before she gets married. They're usually accompanied with Def – a traditional instrument and are similar to poetry. Most of those songs are original creations that are a momentary dedication for that person getting married. The second part are songs for the couple. They are accompanied with lots of instruments and have interesting topics. Some of them express congratulations for the couple, characteristics of living together, etc. Wedding songs usually go together with specific traditional dance, therefore they are interesting and important because they also represents lots of general Kosovar tradition information.
One of the most famous Wedding Song is:
Sonte kemi dasem
Hajde Marshalla'
Hidheni vallen goca
Hajde me sevda[5]

Dirge (Kenge Vaji)
It is one of the most famous Albanian characteristics. They represent an original and very emotional creations which are dedicated to a close and beloved person after their death. It is specific because it is an art born from the suffering. This genre is almost the oldest. It has many variations and it is very popular because it has to do with a special condition that people confront in their daily life. Dirge can be created by from one or more persons. The most difficult and rarest variation is the polyphonic Dirge because it needs four participants to be in a harmony.

Lullabies
Lullabies are short poetic monologues, where the parents express their wishes about their children before sleep. The most usual artistic and literary figures that are used are comparison and personification. They are also lyrical. Their characteristic is that most of them start with "Nani-nani djalin/vajzen" or "Nina-nana". Lullabies are the finest representation about expressing parental love and the irreplaceable role of family in Kosovo tradition.

Well-known kosovar lullaby is :
Nina-nina, more pllum
Flej se nana te don shum
T'i m'u rritsh-o nafaklum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Kosovo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 2108 times.

Back