PDA

View Full Version : Log in issues with Chrome

Maciamo
30-01-20, 11:06
Dear valued members,

Several of you have contacted me in the last 48 hours to report log in issues on the forum. I have also experienced such issues using Google Chrome, but not other browsers. I think it is therefore a bug on Chrome. Feel free to try with other browsers such as Firefox, Brave, Opera or Vivaldi (among others).

torzio
30-01-20, 17:54
Dear valued members,

Several of you have contacted me in the last 48 hours to report log in issues on the forum. I have also experienced such issues using Google Chrome, but not other browsers. I think it is therefore a bug on Chrome. Feel free to try with other browsers such as Firefox, Brave, Opera or Vivaldi (among others).

I have had issues for a while

If I use PC and no google chrome it is fine ( as long as I tick the box when logging in )

if I use my mobile or apple laptop which uses Chrome, they either work sometimes and then ruin my ability to log onto PC for 12 hours ......or they fail for many many hours with note saying , you logged on too may times, wait 15 minutes, which becomes more than 6 hours

I use firefox on my PC only

Palermo Trapani
31-01-20, 04:32
Maciamo and Torzio: Thanks for this update. I was one of the members having trouble with Chrome. I want to publicly note that Maciamo had the professionalism and courtesy to contact me directly and mention to me the problem with Chrome and he had himself been having problems. Cheers and thanks to both of you.

halfalp
14-02-20, 18:01
The issue about being unable to log in and wait 15 minutes seems to be linked somehow with vBulletin as for what i've read on different topics.

Maciamo
16-02-20, 12:03
The issue about being unable to log in and wait 15 minutes seems to be linked somehow with vBulletin as for what i've read on different topics.

Vbulltin is the software running the forum, so obviously it is related to it. It's probably a compatibility issue with some versions of Chrome. I have never experienced the issue with other browsers.

Duarte
16-02-20, 12:15
Hi maciamo. I am with the same troubles of halfalp. I can’t log in any browser of PC or Mac. I only can log in the iPhone (Tapatalk or Eupedia app). Regards :)

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=89698)

Maciamo
16-02-20, 12:49
Hi maciamo. I am with the same troubles of halfalp. I can’t log in any browser of PC or Mac. I only can log in the iPhone (Tapatalk or Eupedia app). Regards :)

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies or to change the cookies settings?

Duarte
16-02-20, 16:46
Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies or to change the cookies settings?

I did this procedure now on Safari's Mac and it works. Thanks by the tip Maciamo. Cheers :)

halfalp
16-02-20, 18:32
Vbulltin is the software running the forum, so obviously it is related to it. It's probably a compatibility issue with some versions of Chrome. I have never experienced the issue with other browsers.

Sorry i should have said that i'm on Firefox. Yes i know about vBulletin, what i meant is that something is maybe wrongly configured with it, maybe with Cookies or something.

bicicleur
13-04-20, 23:14
I'm on google.
I lost my password lately and created a new one.
When I log in I'm welcomed, but I'm not always allowed to make comments.
Sometimes I'm even blocked because of 'to many views'.
It doesn't make sense.