Kurdish EV13

Cyaxeres

Reaction score
Hi Guy's.,

I am Kurdish from Iraqi Kurdistan, I am as Kurds say 'seven grandfathers Kurdish' i.e to the seventh generation, so no hint of more recent admixture. I've tested positive for E1b1b1a2*. I suspect this hg isn't that uncommon amongst the Kurdish people as tetsing there has been limited, I've done quite a bit of reading but I cant find much specifically about this hg amongst the Kurds - there seems to be endless posibilities all the way from it representing the northern mesopotamian source of EV13 through to indo-european migratory events of which there are many - phrygian, Celtic, armenian, steepe iranian, greek, macedonian, balkan, Medes :unsure:.

Just wondering what would be the best way to investigate further, are their useful markers further down stream? Do these help to see if the EV13 is near eastern etc?

This lineage is common balkanic regions, soldiers of alexander the great? Roman soldiers of balkanic origin...

Definitely, balkan to near east could be:
'Sea people'
Phrygian
Armenian
Macedonian (Alexander or Seleucid related)
Byzantine
Roman
Cimmerian, Sarmatian - steepe confederation basically
or even Janisarry/western anatolian in more modern times.

but then again it could just be the original ev13 that stayed at low levels in the north of mesopotamia where it originated in the epipaleolithic /neolithic.

It be satisfying to know if near eastern Ev13 is the basal clade or the other way round.

Just wondering what would be the best way to investigate further, are their useful markers further down stream? Do these help to see if the EV13 is near eastern etc?

The best thing you can do, is to test your potential downstream SNP's. If you are lucky, you can narrow it down to a more specific lineages and source. If you are less lucky, you might not be able to do it now, but with more people testing, you might eventually.
I'd say it came down there with Greeks or even with the original Kurds/Iranians. There are of course more possibilities, but I think these are the most likely.

This thread has been viewed 3250 times.

Back