Mutation R-YP1337 = Ruthenians?

Vaniš

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a1a1b1a1a2
Mutation R-YP1337 = Ruthenians?
Hi, I'm using a translator.
The yp1337 mutation originated 2500 years ago. WHERE?
1700 years ago, it spread throughout Europe.

Good question, Im also a member of R-YP1337 but my subclade is R-Y193245. Im from North Western Germany.

Yep but there is also a Turkish match included. I think its not quite clear yet.

Yep but there is also a Turkish match included. I think its not quite clear yet.

A lot of the recent Turkish samples are no Anatolian Turks, many are even of Bosniak, Bulgar and Pomak etc. descent.

A lot of the recent Turkish samples are no Anatolian Turks, many are even of Bosniak, Bulgar and Pomak etc. descent.

I agree, also and many Croats ended up in Turkey as slaves who later integrated into Ottoman society. So it is also possible that today ethnic Turks have Slavic haplotypes.

I agree, also and many Croats ended up in Turkey as slaves who later integrated into Ottoman society. So it is also possible that today ethnic Turks have Slavic haplotypes.

Actually I have tiny amounts of Turkish trace ancestry in some calculators. But its most of the time below 1%.

Actually I have tiny amounts of Turkish trace ancestry in some calculators. But its most of the time below 1%.

Even if you would have Turkish ancestry (very unlikely), that still doesn't connect your patrilineage to it. The pattern is quite clear for that one.

Even if you would have Turkish ancestry (very unlikely), that still doesn't connect your patrilineage to it. The pattern is quite clear for that one.

How do you know?

How do you know?

I can't know, but going after the known distribution, it's much more likely otherwise. Any Turk with that haplogroup is more likely to have recent Central European ancestors than vice versa. Its not like I1 in American Indians, but you know, it goes in a similar direction.

This thread has been viewed 5198 times.

Back