Kosovar Albanian - DNA Test Results with MyTrueAncestry results

Penn101

Reaction score
Greetings!
I'm so mad at this forum for not letting me post due to a glitch about too many characters! Feel like I'm at tweeter!!
So I recently did some extensive DNA testing through 23andMe and Mytrueancestry dot com and I thought I'd share, hopefully I'm at the right place.

Albanian from Kossovo, Hapologroup EV13, 100% "Greek/Balkan."
My 23andMe results show as if I hail Peloponnese Greece but obviously not the case.

My Mytrueancestry is where it gets really cool as I have my dna results crossed-refrencesed with ancient samples of diff. ppl/cultures. I have tons of pics/charts/timelines and all kind of cool stuff that I can't seem to be able to share due to "too many characters." WTF??

Every Albanian i have seen has Peloponesse shown in 23andme, it's not the case, probably in the future when they update their algorithm it will sort it out.

What fis do you belong to?

I am a Gashi.
Yes, what I really wanted to share was mytrueancestry.com results where I uploaded the 23andMe results and these guys crossed-referenced my results with the ancient dna samples of diff. pp/cultures. It's really cool man, I wish I could share them here. You can find me on twitter as Penn Gashi where I have posted a bunch of charts/timelines, etc. Really cool, stuff.
Needless to say, according to these results, I've been here since the immemorial times. I personally share DNA segments with Illyrian soldiers, Roman Emperors, etc.

I am a Gashi.
Yes, what I really wanted to share was mytrueancestry.com results where I uploaded the 23andMe results and these guys crossed-referenced my results with the ancient dna samples of diff. pp/cultures. It's really cool man, I wish I could share them here. You can find me on twitter as Penn Gashi where I have posted a bunch of charts/timelines, etc. Really cool, stuff.
Needless to say, according to these results, I've been here since the immemorial times. I personally share DNA segments with Illyrian soldiers, Roman Emperors, etc.

There are no Roman Emperor samples. After you post a certain number of times you can post screenshots etc.

I can email you the pics to post if that's OK, otherwise I'll just be shitposting until i get the credentials to post pics.

In the picture, they look like Roman Emperors.

I assure you that no Roman Emperor dna has ever been recovered, or Senatorial Rank or Equestrian or anything like that. Many of these tombs were for the poor, or sailors/merchants near the port etc.

It's irrelevant how some company illustrates a particular sample for marketing purposes.

I'm rest assured now as my knowledge on this matter is barely a beginner.
I'll try not to be too ambiguous in my posts.

I'm rest assured now as my knowledge on this matter is that of a barely a beginner.
I'll try not to be too ambiguous in my posts.

What Y-DNA do you have?
Hope you can share the pictures soon.

According to the trueancestry website, I personally share DNA segments with Minoan 2000 BC, Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia 1959 BC, Illyrian Soldier 1600 BC, Seleucid 165 BC, etc etc...

I?m E-V13 too. Do you know which subclade of E-V13 exactly?

Not sure actually, but I just emailed them to find out. Will post it once available.

Moderators, can you pls explain the logic behind the "you need to rack up points before you can post pics."?
Honestly, I just don't have the time...I just want to share my results and get a professional perspective on my results that I paid good money for!
Pls get rid of this stupid rule?

Well, eupedia.com has a rule, lots of spammers around and they don't want more people coming here and jump right into spamming with those ad/marketing posts, this has nothing to do with you.

And by the way, don't get dragged by some marketing labelling of samples.

As a Gashi E-V13, i think chances are that you are E-V13 => Z5018 => S2979 => L241 or E-V13 => Z5018 => S2979 => FGC11450

Gashi i Gurit seems to be J2b2-L283 in majority, but overall Gashis seems to be a mixed clan with different paternal ancestors.

Thank you Progon, it makes sense now, I guess.

So, has the genetics been able to make black and white out of this gray area of Balkan history?
Or have those results that I mentioned been discussed here before, has anybody posted them?
I’m waiting for somebody to comment my findings, pls.

OK, I think I am finally able to post pics now, thank you Eupedia!
View attachment 12586View attachment 12587These are my 23andMe results, again, I bear the EV13 mark, these guys haven't gotten back to me yet when I asked them to provide me the whole Y-DNA group.

Now this is where it gets more interesting, I think.
View attachment 12588This is the ancestry timeline from mytrueancestry dot com, where I uploaded my 23andMe raw date and they crossed-referenced it with ancient dna samples.
The criteria I set for these results were from "dawn of time" to "0 BC" with 30 samples (to avoid overcrowding the time-line).

In this pic the criteria I set is from "0 BC" to 1500 AD"View attachment 12589.
I have many more that I will post later.

This thread has been viewed 16013 times.

Back