Reaction score
Ethnic group
Shawia + Flemish
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-L618
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a13
Hi everyone !

My fatherline is from Aures mountains in Algeria, from a berber background called Shawi people. My Y haplogroup is E-V13 (old E-L250) but it seems that there's not more than a single percent of this haplogroup there, and I haven't more details.
Can I found a way to estimate its origin ? Did it came in Algeria with Byzantine or during classical era while Cirta was a multicultural city ? I know some shawi tribes have been founded by lost romans (or rumi), can it be linked ? Or is it more of iberomaurissian roots ?

Sorry if it's not the right place, and thanks for any help.

hello Sophax, welcome. North Africa has always had numerous contacts with Europe and the Levant, hard in my opinion to understand how E-V13 could have arrived in Algeria.

Hello Sophax, in order to answer your question you need to do some deepclade testing to know your subclade. But it seems very likely your subclade is from historical period from a man coming from Europe.

E-V13 mutation happened during Middle to Late Neolithic somewhere in Europe. I hypothetize the region between Dalmatian coast to Spain, anything between along the shores of Mediterranean.

Thank you very much for your friendly answers, sorry for double posting if an admin comes through here, I tried to put a bit more details on the other topic. In any way, the lack of datas from north africa is a pain in the eye.

Quick upload: it appears that the only E-L618 (which is now reported to be the upper branch of E-V13 on yfull v9) tested in Algeria is from Tebessa, which was founded by the romans for the Leg. III Augusta.
It coes like this:
E-L618
E-Y182141 (found in Sicilly and Algeria)
E-BY64249

My understanding of this information is that the E-Y182141 may be a north african local mutation from roman occupation mixing with locals.

Quick question: I'm mixed european/algerian, 3/4 great-fathers born in algeria, 1 celto-germanic grand mother (my motherline). My autosomal tests never gives me more than ~40% of north african dna, around 30% south european (iberia/sardinian mostly) and 20% celto-germanic countries. Sorry for the miscomception, but can my "Y haplogroup" be "stocked" in those 30% south european ? Or in other words: is that normal that the most important autosomal part does't define the haplogroup ?

Thank you again guys.

I'm just getting into this archegenetic thing as an enthusiat, the addiction to investigate is getting bigger everytime I find new studies or errors on my steps.

Quick upload: it appears that the only E-L618 (which is now reported to be the upper branch of E-V13 on yfull v9) tested in Algeria is from Tebessa, which was founded by the romans for the Leg. III Augusta.
It coes like this:
E-L618
E-Y182141 (found in Sicilly and Algeria)

Sardinia, not Sicily. IT-CA stands for the province of Cagliari, Sardinia.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-Y182141/

My understanding of this information is that the E-Y182141 may be a north african local mutation from roman occupation mixing with locals.

Quick question: I'm mixed european/algerian, 3/4 great-fathers born in algeria, 1 celto-germanic grand mother (my motherline). My autosomal tests never gives me more than ~40% of north african dna, around 30% south european (iberia/sardinian mostly) and 20% celto-germanic countries. Sorry for the miscomception, but can my "Y haplogroup" be "stocked" in those 30% south european ? Or in other words: is that normal that the most important autosomal part does't define the haplogroup ?

Thank you again guys.

I'm just getting into this archegenetic thing as an enthusiat, the addiction to investigate is getting bigger everytime I find new studies or errors on my steps.

It depends on which test it is. Ethnic estimates from commercial companies should not be taken too literally.

Fine ,thank you Pax Augusta ! Sorry for the geographic confusion.

Hello,

This is my terminal subclade on Yfull, TMRCA :3100 years (i am the guy with Algerian flag, my closest "cousins" are Portuguese guys from Azores isles) : E-Y138701*

An other Algerian Guy is under the same terminal subclade on FTDNA haplotree, (this isn't me,i made a WGS (Nebula) + Fransfer to Yfull ) : E-BY4610*

An other Algerian Guy is under E-Z19851, we share a common ancestor at E-Z5017 level (4500 years ago)

E-Z19851

An other Algerian Guy is under under E-V13 n FTDNA haplotree but i dont think that he made a BigY

On Yfull :

You can find also 3 Moroccans Guys E-FT115151

One guy from Libya : E-FT7781

Best Regards,

Thank you so much for sharing your findings !

This thread has been viewed 5529 times.

Back