Why do I have Oceanian and Amerindian on some of my chromosomes?

bacakborusu

Reaction score
I am of Ukrainian/Russian descent and on certain chromosomes I have high amounts of Oceanian and Amerindian when looking at Individual Chromosome Admixture Proportions on K13.

I don't understand why, could it be possibly misread as some other type of Asian (East Asian/Siberian) or is it actually Oceanian somehow? I don't necessarily understand

Chromosome 1-
North Atlantic- 25.3%
Baltic- 60.7%
West Med- 6.5%
West Asian- 0.9%
East Med- 0
Red Sea- 0
South Asian- 0
East Asian- 0
Siberian- 1.1%
Amerindian- 2.3%
Oceanian- 2.2%

On Chromosome 14 I also have 4.8% Oceanian, and on Chromosome 22 I have 7% Amerindian. I'm not sure how to interpret it

I am of Ukrainian/Russian descent and on certain chromosomes I have high amounts of Oceanian and Amerindian when looking at Individual Chromosome Admixture Proportions on K13.
I don't understand why, could it be possibly misread as some other type of Asian (East Asian/Siberian) or is it actually Oceanian somehow? I don't necessarily understand
Chromosome 1-
North Atlantic- 25.3%
Baltic- 60.7%
West Med- 6.5%
West Asian- 0.9%
East Med- 0
Red Sea- 0
South Asian- 0
East Asian- 0
Siberian- 1.1%
Amerindian- 2.3%
Oceanian- 2.2%
On Chromosome 14 I also have 4.8% Oceanian, and on Chromosome 22 I have 7% Amerindian. I'm not sure how to interpret it

Personally I would interpret those results as statistical noise. Results at the individual chromosome level have a larger margin of error than the overall result.

For example, in my own Eurogenes K13 results I have 3.8% Amerindian and 2.9% Red Sea on Chromosome 2, 2.9% Sub-Saharan African on Chromosome 19 and 14.0% South Asian on Chromosome 15. I know my complete ancestry for five generations and most of it going eight generations back. None of those ancestry categories matches my known genealogy.

My overall result for K13 is zero for Amerindian, Red Sea and Sub-Saharan African, and 2.8% for South Asian. I suggest only taking your overall K13 results seriously, and even then with a pinch of salt.

This thread has been viewed 1883 times.

Back