K13 Are there still the source groups of Vahaduo K13 Smaller and Bigger regions?

burokrat

Reaction score
Sad to see Vahaduo is nearly offline. Are there still somewhere the sources or comparable or better?

Only k13 updated Bigger Regions is available. But thank you very much!

If you have the coordinates handy, you can always just copy and paste them here:

Vahaduo: Admixture JS 21.01

Frankly, I don't know who runs this page, but it is an extremely valuable tool. The software is open source, I think it would be fantastic if it was hosted directly on Eupedia.

Thankfully, the 3D PCA is also still around:

Vahaduo: Custom PCA

I think the page that was lost, which hosted all the code for the various calculator, was hosted by LukasM. Someone should reach out to him, if he could shed some light on the issue.

At any rate, you can still find all of the Dodecad K12b (my signature), K7, and G13 Ancient samples here on Eupedia; where they were produced. As well as the modern samples. We're good.

I went to the page and saw this:

[FONT=&quot]Hello Vahaduo lovers! Do you like Gedmatch and G25 calculators? Add your sheet and enjoy the power of admixture, components and ethnic estimation. We don't want to restrict you giving predefined calculators. It's boring! Be creative and look for them on Internet or create your unique set of references. No more automated click&play results. Go beyound your laziness and discover the biggest genetic adventure in your life. Be smart! Be curious! Be the Vahaduo![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Below is the frame with original Vahaduo website included. Remember it's the only legit version, so don't complain as there is no other.[/FONT]

Thanks Pax Augusta: I went to the archived file and could not get the Dodecad coordinates, is there a way to get that archived data?

Thanks, PT.

here it is, ... the archived data of the site with some extra samples here and there.
… fyi, it included tons of coordinates processed by Jovialis, also contributions by Maciamo, Duarte, others, … and me :)

… the App with the 2WAY is included.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qc77mbcfldkbr1l/dna_data_and_oracle.zip/file

I went to the page and saw this:

Hello Vahaduo lovers! Do you like Gedmatch and G25 calculators? Add your sheet and enjoy the power of admixture, components and ethnic estimation. We don't want to restrict you giving predefined calculators. It's boring! Be creative and look for them on Internet or create your unique set of references. No more automated click&play results. Go beyound your laziness and discover the biggest genetic adventure in your life. Be smart! Be curious! Be the Vahaduo!

Below is the frame with original Vahaduo website included. Remember it's the only legit version, so don't complain as there is no other.

They also managed to remove the versions that Pax pointed out to us, those uploaded to Web Archive.

As things stand, I would say that they have gone much further than the invitation not to be lazy.
Rather, it seems to me that someone needs the cash, and to monopolise the data for oracle and PCA.

Hmm, if they plan on using the code to make money, I will make sure is free to download. We didn't spend countless hours working on this stuff to make someone else profit.

If I were to release all of the raw data text files, that will ultimately destroy the plan.

Hmm, if they plan on using the code to make money, I will make sure is free to download. We didn't spend countless hours working on this stuff to make someone else profit.
If I were to release all of the raw data text files, that will ultimately destroy the plan.

I really should it is public data. I dislike the fact that academic still only release it in esoteric formats like BAM, FASTQ, etc. The purpose of the project we under took was to make it in a format that the ACTUAL public was able to use, raw data format. We even went a step forward and ran them through calculators. That's what true citizen science is. Look at all of the fantastic observations the community has made because of this.

Salento: Thanks!, greatly appreciated. We haven't crossed paths in a while, hope things are well with you and your family.

… it’s all good in the hood :) thanks PT and Jovialis.

Nice job Salento. Now I am out of juice but your work deserve many and many “likes”. (y)

Thanks Duarte, … I ran out of it too.

here it is, ... the archived data of the site with some extra samples here and there.
… fyi, it included tons of coordinates processed by Jovialis, also contributions by Maciamo, Duarte, others, … and me :)

… the App with the 2WAY is included.
Thank you so much. But there are no smaller and bigger region coordinates that were added several weeks ago. There were some new samples.

This thread has been viewed 8465 times.

Back