K36 Difference between West-Med and Anatolian components in Tolan K16? (adapted from K36)

Stefanthro

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Bosnian Serb
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2b2>L283>J-Z38299
mtDNA haplogroup
H4
Hey all,

I'm new to the admixture scene and started playing around with a bunch of the calculators that came with Admixture Studio. One of these was the Tolan K16 Neolithic calculator, which I believe was adapted from Eurogenes K36. https:// gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/K16 .htm

There are a few different framing cultures listed, including West-Med Farmers and Anatolian Farmers. My understanding is that Anatolian farmers populated Europe during the Neolithic, with one migration following the Danube after entering the Balkans, and the other following the Mediterranean. It appears in this calculator, West-Med refers to those farmers that took the Mediterranean route. However, I'm not sure whether the Anatolian component refers to only farmers from Anatolia like Barcin I0709, or whether this is meant to also represent those who took the Danube route. Is anyone familiar enough to let me know what I might be missing?

I seem to have a lot of Anatolian Farmer (30.06%) and no West-Med, while my wife has more West-Med (28.1%) and some Anatolian (4.04%).

Thanks in advance

This thread has been viewed 2414 times.

Back